• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bayer 04 Leverkusen ***

yes I agree Lamela for me just holds on that one touch too much and seems to love running into a bunch of players him and Eriksen just dont score enough goals or look likley to score Ali is the only one consistently finding himself in the box with a n opportunity to score, and if Ali doesnt score (hits the bar like this week) I can t see goals from anywhere else with exception of possibly Son, even Toby seems to have more chances from corners than Lamela seems to have

No lamela or Eriksen please. Front 5 in a 4141 should be:

Sissoko Alli Dembele Son

......... VJ...............

Lots of interchanging. Dembele higher up the pitch and Alli doing what he does best and getting in the area past VJ with Son and Sissy providing the ammo and support.

If we play this, we will win.

No lamela or Eriksen please. Front 5 in a 4141 should be:

Sissoko Alli Dembele Son

......... VJ...............

Lots of interchanging. Dembele higher up the pitch and Alli doing what he does best and getting in the area past VJ with Son and Sissy providing the ammo and support.

If we play this, we will win.

Lots of legs but no brains for me in that line up. We need someone to pull the strings, Eriksen and Lamela might be off form but I don't think that we have a viable option other than to try and play one or both back into form. I also think that 4-1-4-1 has been one of our problems in that it has stopped our fullbacks getting forward.

Lots of legs but no brains for me in that line up. We need someone to pull the strings, Eriksen and Lamela might be off form but I don't think that we have a viable option other than to try and play one or both back into form. I also think that 4-1-4-1 has been one of our problems in that it has stopped our fullbacks getting forward.

I don't disagree with your comments and is one of the reasons I so lament that we don't have a proper backup for Eriksen. However, both have been so poor recently that I think my team of "legs" should run them off the park.

Re 4141, I think there is plenty of space at Wembley for our fullbacks to exploit and I want to see more bodies in the box to finish the chances we create - which I think has been one of our recent failings. Lamela and Eriksen just aren't contributing in this area at the moment.

I don't disagree with your comments and is one of the reasons I so lament that we don't have a proper backup for Eriksen. However, both have been so poor recently that I think my team of "legs" should run them off the park.

Re 4141, I think there is plenty of space at Wembley for our fullbacks to exploit and I want to see more bodies in the box to finish the chances we create - which I think has been one of our recent failings. Lamela and Eriksen just aren't contributing in this area at the moment.

It's not the lack of space that has stopped the fullbacks getting forward. It has been a tactic to hold them back to stop us committing too many players to an attack and getting caught on the break.

When we play 4-2-3-1, the deep two in midfield help cover the space left when the fullbacks get forward. It is too much for one sitting player to cover, so the fullbacks play deeper.

It's not the lack of space that has stopped the fullbacks getting forward. It has been a tactic to hold them back to stop us committing too many players to an attack and getting caught on the break.

When we play 4-2-3-1, the deep two in midfield help cover the space left when the fullbacks get forward. It is too much for one sitting player to cover, so the fullbacks play deeper.
And that formation is one where Dier excelled last year dropping in to cover as part of the defence.

I don't care who plays, as long as they give it everything and win! And I want someone to tackle both legs off that little diving cheat clam cheatcharito!

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

I understand that but at present our problem has been scoring goals not conceding them. With Wanyama offering the cover, Dembele should have enough tactical nous to decide when to go forward and when to cover back - just as he did last year. This formation of 4141 just frees him up a tad to add to our attacking options when circumstances permit or 41131 if you prefer.

Last edited:
I understand that but at present our problem has been scoring goals not conceding them. With Wanyama offering the cover, Dembele should have enough tactical nous to decide when to go forward and when to cover back - just as he did last year. This formation of 4141 just frees him up a tad to add to our attacking options when circumstances permit.
I agree. He should have enough nous, however against Leverkusen, we need him in a 2 in midfield, as he was last year, then he has to show his nous and decide when to step forward. This should enable us to use the wide spaces and get our FBs going forward. It will be more difficult for them to press at Wembley, as long we have someone providing width.

I understand that but at present our problem has been scoring goals not conceding them. With Wanyama offering the cover, Dembele should have enough tactical nous to decide when to go forward and when to cover back - just as he did last year. This formation of 4141 just frees him up a tad to add to our attacking options when circumstances permit or 41131 if you prefer.

The advantage of having the fullbacks overlapping is it forces the opposition fullbacks decide which man to track. Also, all of our attacking midfielders who start in wide positions (other than Sissoko) are happier coming inside.

I agree that Dembele should start but think that he can be more effective breaking forward with the ball and pulling men towards him. He has never been as effective starting further forward and he has less chances to pull them out of position.

Lamela was one of our best attacking players against Bournemouth and helped change the game against Liverpool when he came on. I don't think he's particularly off form. I hope he's back for this one as we need both the intensity he brings in his pressing and his creativity and ability on the ball against a very good Leverkusen side.

I've had it with Eriksen so far this season, but my gut tells me that he really should play in this game. We need that extra guile and someone who can unlock a stubborn defence…but he HAS to bring it!! No more carrying him on the off chance he strikes a free kick properly.

The space of the Wembley pitch should give him and Lamela that extra second they need to pick out the right pass.

On Lamela…if he plays he really needs to release the ball sooner. I've always felt he holds on too long and takes too many touches. Think he thought Wembley would allow him that time, which it should/does, but all he seemed to do v Monaco was take EXTRA extra touches!! I reckon Poch will give the nod to Sissoko anyway given his suspension in the league.

Walker - Dier - Jan - Rose
Wanyama
Sissoko - Alli - Eriksen - Son
Janssen

Lamela was one of our best attacking players against Bournemouth and helped change the game against Liverpool when he came on. I don't think he's particularly off form. I hope he's back for this one as we need both the intensity he brings in his pressing and his creativity and ability on the ball against a very good Leverkusen side.

Not really saying much. He's been poor this season as has Eriksen. It's only because we've been winning that it has not been picked up on as much.

Even when Lamella isn't in full flow his energy and tenacity is something that we need and a noticeable miss whenever he's not there.

Eriksen on the other hand as much as I love him when he's off form he's really not contributing anything except some effort. Even his free kick threat seems to of disappeared somewhat....

Back