• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bayer 04 Leverkusen ***

I have it one the firmest of authorities that AVB lost the plot in the weeks before his sacking and refused to go down and give the team talk at the training ground on the friday with the players before the saturday games as he normally did. This comes from someone who was in the dressing room at the time.

Hmmm...do you have an in-club mole nowadays?

Just trying to offer some perspective here, and a bit of a lazy analysis. Here are our games since the City-win.

West Brom 1-1 (D)
We largely dominated the proceedings in the first half of this one, but missed too many chances. We looked quite good in the first half, and had control for much of the second, but created too little and had too little energy in the second half. Got a deserved point at the end though.

Leverkusen 0-0 (D)
We were the best side in the first half. Unlucky not to lead at half time. Second half was the worst I've seen us this season. Should've lost. Not sure what happened to us in this game, but the second half was terrible.

Bournemouth 0-0 (D)
Not a terrible game by us, but we lacked energy and aggression.

Liverpool 2-1 (L)
The kids basically - doesn't count.

Leicester 1-1 (D)
We were by far the best team in this game. We weren't excellent by any stretch of the imagination, but had at least two against the post and created a host of chances, but were unlucky not to win. An individual mistake cost us the points.

Leverkusen 0-1 (L)
I didn't get to see this one, but based on the highlights, we had our chances in this one as well. I blame it on Wembley.

---

All in all, I can see this line of fixtures contributing to our lads hanging with their heads a bit, not being able to give 100% as their confidence is shot. We've now gone from being serious title challengers from after the city game, to suddenley become the "good old sexy" of the 90's with a pretty terrible run of matches, points wise (and don't the pundits just love it?). It certainly contributes to the stories in the player's heads that something is not right. They shouldn't be affected and yada yada, but of course they are.

What do we need?
- Toby back (in fact, after he got injured against WBA, it's gone downhill)
- Harry back (we need someone a bit more explosive and imaginative up top)
- A win or two to get back on track

No crisis yet, but the sooner we get a win, the better (duh, obviously). I'm a bit worried by the lack of effort and energy and fudges given by our players, but at the moment I write it down as confidence loss. The whole "doesn't score from open play, they're brick without Kane, Wembley hoodoo going out of the Champions" has gotten to their heads. We need to kick it with a win.

We're obviously capable of playing good football (I don't think I've ever seen a Spurs side as energetic and good as against City just a month ago) - there's just something not clicking for the team at the moment. Hopefully it's just a bit of dust in the machinery, get it cleaned out, get the confidence levels up, and we're back in it.

Hmmm...do you have an in-club mole nowadays?

Sadly not he no longer works for the club, clubs employ quite a lot of people at their training grounds and it is well known that at the end of his time at spurs AVB lost the plot and was waiting to be sacked. I have no knowledge of anything that goes on inside Tottenham and only found out about the AVB thing after he left.

@Daisuk, the pundits thing really annoys me, even when we have played well and not won it's put across as we are terrible. Talk about creating a narrative.

They just love picking at us though. We're like the fat kid in the schoolyard everyone loved to pick at, that suddenley shaped up and got a hot girlfriend, the other guys couldn't quite believe it, and takes a shot at him whenever they can for whatever reason they can. "Oh, he used to be so fat", "oh, look, I saw him have a burger at McD's he's getting fat again - haha, same old fattie fat fat", "his girlfriend really isn't that hot, look what she looks like without no make up!". Etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/03/tottenham-hugo-lloris-champions-league-question

"Hugo Lloris has said Tottenham Hotspur need a “miracle” to qualify for the Champions League knockout rounds, after the disaster that was the 1-0 defeat against Bayer Leverkusen at Wembley on Wednesday night, and he accepted they would enter the north London derby against Arsenal on Sunday at a low ebb.

“We cannot be in a worse situation,” Lloris said. “After a game like Leverkusen, we need to question ourselves. We need to learn about the Champions League. We worked a lot last season to get into the Champions League and we cannot waste everything. We need to be ready for the next two games and try to get the miracle.

“The Leverkusen game was very important and I did not feel we were aware of that. Leverkusen did not play a great game. They were just well organised and had some chances, because we made too many mistakes. We need to learn quickly.

“I don’t want to think that we have already slipped out of this competition. We need to believe. It’s true that we cannot be in a worse situation but that’s football and, sometimes, you need to create a miracle. Before we think about the last game against CSKA, we need to think about Monaco, because it’s maybe our last chance to believe in the qualification. It’s very clear and very easy. We have two more games and we have to win the next game.”

The spectre of the derby at the Emirates Stadium looms large and Lloris did not hide from the fact that Tottenham had “lost a bit of confidence”. Since their excellent 2-0 home win against Emirates Marketing Project on 2 October, they have failed to win in six matches, drawing four and losing two. They have scored only three goals during the sequence. Lloris stressed the need to refocus and pick up.

“It is difficult to accept that kind of performance from us,” Lloris said. “It was difficult to recognise the team. We are very aggressive and very calm under pressure, but against Leverkusen it was completely the opposite. We need to learn quickly because there is a big game on Sunday.

“We will be back in a Premier League game in a great stadium, with a good pitch. We need to enjoy that kind of moment and stay united. I hope we are aware that the kind of game against Arsenal is a big opportunity for everyone to enjoy football, share a great moment of football with the fans and try to make them proud of us.

“In football, you can win; you can lose. The most important thing is the feeling and the attitude that you show on the pitch. To be honest, the feeling was very bad [against Leverkusen]. It’s difficult to accept that performance and it was the same case against Monaco [in the 2-1 defeat at Wembley in September].

“The team used to be consistent in terms of performance and we’re not used to losing. Hopefully, that will help us to bounce back.”​

@Daisuk Do yourself a favour and get a FULL recording of last nights game not highlights

Hide all sharp objects and watch the first 20 minutes.

You will get a much better idea of today's mood.

@Daisuk Do yourself a favour and get a FULL recording of last nights game not highlights

Hide all sharp objects and watch the first 20 minutes.

You will get a much better idea of today's mood.

Been scrolling through it. We certainly don't look good. Clueless at times. It seems like we play with a different calm from the back if Toby is there, like we absorb the pressure from teams pressuring us up high better. I don't believe his and Kane's absence are the only things to blame for this though. Maybe our group of players are experiencing their first real setback as a group - just need to learn and get over it ASAP.

Been scrolling through it. We certainly don't look good. Clueless at times. It seems like we play with a different calm from the back if Toby is there, like we absorb the pressure from teams pressuring us up high better. I don't believe his and Kane's absence are the only things to blame for this though. Maybe our group of players are experiencing their first real setback as a group - just need to learn and get over it ASAP.

That opening was one of the worse clusterfudges I'd seen in my 50 odd year viewing life!
If I was not so traumatised I would have laughed!

That opening was one of the worse clusterfudges I'd seen in my 50 odd year viewing life!
If I was not so traumatised I would have laughed!

I take it you don't remember our great start at young boys a few years back? ;) 3-0 down within the first quarter or so. :p

I take it you don't remember our great start at young boys a few years back? ;) 3-0 down within the first quarter or so. :p

That's right! Forgot that!

I don't mind losing, it was that first 20 minutes last night, it was almost comedy football and even Hugo was joining in.:D

Sadly not he no longer works for the club, clubs employ quite a lot of people at their training grounds and it is well known that at the end of his time at spurs AVB lost the plot and was waiting to be sacked. I have no knowledge of anything that goes on inside Tottenham and only found out about the AVB thing after he left.

Thanks. Do you remember when you posted something about your missus noticing something slightly frosty between the players and AVB after we had won a late kick-off game away at Sunderland before he left?

Back