• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

We were by far the better team in that game, they mugged us for a point.

We’ve not played at that level this side of Christmas though.

we were once we got going
They didn’t really lay a glove on us second half and the pen was a joke because whites handball should have meant no pen..

I was talking to a few spurs supporting mates who are super down on this game is I asked them to name their combined side
It was

Vicario
White
Saliba
VDV
Destiny
Rice
Sarr
Odegard (one tried putting Maddison in but realised his mistake)
Saka
Someone
Son

I personally would put Haivertz in that CF role of playing like he is currently

But either way.. it shows that they have better players (if anyone agrees with that team) but we’re not as far behind as some fans may think. We need time to develop the team as planned first and foremost

How many of us have seen decades worth of NLDs? How many of us know that if there's one (well, two) game (s) on the calendar which simply make no sense with regards to form, it is these. Every time there's a strong favourite the script gets flipped and brick goes wonky. Have some faith. In some ways I actually think (given the word 'wonky') we might be better with a more conservative left-back as it could gvie the likes of Madders more room to operate/find their mojo in pockets and channels. I'm feeling pretty good about this TBH...

How many of us have seen decades worth of NLDs? How many of us know that if there's one (well, two) game (s) on the calendar which simply make no sense with regards to form, it is these. Every time there's a strong favourite the script gets flipped and brick goes wonky. Have some faith. In some ways I actually think (given the word 'wonky') we might be better with a more conservative left-back as it could gvie the likes of Madders more room to operate/find their mojo in pockets and channels. I'm feeling pretty good about this TBH...
It’s a word derby in that both sets of fans generally think the other will win
A draw is IMO the most likely outcome

we were once we got going
They didn’t really lay a glove on us second half and the pen was a joke because whites handball should have meant no pen..

I was talking to a few spurs supporting mates who are super down on this game is I asked them to name their combined side
It was

Vicario
White
Saliba
VDV
Destiny
Rice
Sarr
Odegard (one tried putting Maddison in but realised his mistake)
Saka
Someone
Son

I personally would put Haivertz in that CF role of playing like he is currently

But either way.. it shows that they have better players (if anyone agrees with that team) but we’re not as far behind as some fans may think. We need time to develop the team as planned first and foremost

Not sure id put two of our back four in a combined 11 given Udogie’s form. I love VDV but Gabriel is already the finished article at his age.

I really hope Madrid or Barca make Odegaard a top priority this summer, he’s Arsenal’s best player going forward.

Not sure id put two of our back four in a combined 11 given Udogie’s form. I love VDV but Gabriel is already the finished article at his age.

I really hope Madrid or Barca make Odegaard a top priority this summer, he’s Arsenal’s best player going forward.
Gabriel is a bully and good on set pieces. It’s why they brought in the polish lad and timber to replace him. He also has massive teeth. I don’t think he is as good as people think myself.

Destiny gets in because they ding have a left back. They play several players there and it’s a weakness. They have change their left back game to game lately.

Odegard is class. Was my POTY last season. He dragged them up in many games.

This year Jorginho has been one of their most under rated players. Had one poor game that I remember seeing but has really made a difference in many others

Rice is the reason they have become a genuinely top side. And if they sign Toney then I think they win the league next year. Odegaard is good but Rice is world class.

I'm hoping we sign Gallagher from Chelsea. I think he will have a similar impact for us. But we are also missing a proper striker. Wonder why etc. I'm just hoping Ange has a plan for the close season. I'm sure he does. I'm genuinely worried about this game but also content to realise that Ange should be judged on next seasons performance. So worried but sanguine if one can be both.

Except it's proven to be better than man marking, plenty of statistics on goals conceded back that up.
But it doesn't matter if it's zonal or man marking if it's done poorly.
That’s the issue with so many goals we have conceded .. panic means poor execution

Rice is the reason they have become a genuinely top side. And if they sign Toney then I think they win the league next year. Odegaard is good but Rice is world class.

I'm hoping we sign Gallagher from Chelsea. I think he will have a similar impact for us. But we are also missing a proper striker. Wonder why etc. I'm just hoping Ange has a plan for the close season. I'm sure he does. I'm genuinely worried about this game but also content to realise that Ange should be judged on next seasons performance. So worried but sanguine if one can be both.
I think Gallagher would be a great addition dependant on price and his value is declining right now which helps

I fully agree a striker is a huge need for us and them.

I love this post.

Reactions: jrh
Except it's proven to be better than man marking, plenty of statistics on goals conceded back that up.
But it doesn't matter if it's zonal or man marking if it's done poorly.
The problem is when a team zonal marks and concedes the system gets blamed, whereas when a team man marks the individuals gets blamed and the system used is never mentioned. It's become one of the those British punditry narratives.

I'm the topic of Arsenal, I don't really feel confident due to our indifferent form and our propensity for conceding. Arsenal's defensive setup is very good so we are gonna have to be at our best to get anything.

I think Gallagher would be a great addition dependant on price and his value is declining right now which helps

I fully agree a striker is a huge need for us and them.
Where do you see Gallagher playing for us? I'm not sure I see the interest especially in the £50m range. He's not a DM, he's not an AM and we already have a load of good B2B players so what do you see him adding?

Where do you see Gallagher playing for us? I'm not sure I see the interest especially in the £50m range. He's not a DM, he's not an AM and we already have a load of good B2B players so what do you see him adding?
He won’t be £50m
I think it will nearer £20m and they will try to keep it secret
He can play in many positions which I think Ange likes
He could replace lo celso in the squad

Re Gallagher, he scores goals, which our midfield haven't done of late.
As for Sunday, I will resort to an old school mixture of ale and vodka, before yelling "COYS" for the full 95 or 100 minutes. Feel free to do the same.
If we can go in at halftime, no more than 2 down, we'll have a good chance.... I see a "game of 2 halves" incoming.....

Re Gallagher, he scores goals, which our midfield haven't done of late.
As for Sunday, I will resort to an old school mixture of ale and vodka, before yelling "COYS" for the full 95 or 100 minutes. Feel free to do the same.
If we can go in at halftime, no more than 2 down, we'll have a good chance.... I see a "game of 2 halves" incoming.....

i think Gallagher is a very good player but imo if we are to buy another M/F player i would love to see Eze brought in. And then a striker next Isak please.

i think Gallagher is a very good player but imo if we are to buy another M/F player i would love to see Eze brought in. However my priorty IF it was my choice would be a striker and a DM first.
I'm probably of a similar mindset; the story released today about Palace putting a minimum pricetag of £60m on Eze, and him not being the highest priority for next season, will probably mean we let this pass by.

Back