• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Was that with Doherty at RWB rather than Royal though? I can’t remember. But having Royal and Sanchez together against anyone even half decent just doesn’t work.

Doherty got tacoted by Cash at Villa. I think the biggest diff when those two are playing is Deki being fit.

Was that with Doherty at RWB rather than Royal though? I can’t remember. But having Royal and Sanchez together against anyone even half decent just doesn’t work.

Royal played the last 7 games after Doherty got injured, the last 3 were with Sanchez - tbf i thought Romero missed more than the last 3 through injury

Royal played the last 7 games after Doherty got injured, the last 3 were with Sanchez - tbf i thought Romero missed more than the last 3 through injury
He missed a load
But Sanchez came into a relatively fresh and settled side. This season the amount of games is crazy and we have no idea of the knock on of that

he shouldn't have been in either situation, both goals came from a cheap give away of possession with defenders high up the pitch, first Lenglet (I think), then Sessegnon, yes, better defending could have happened after this, but giving the ball away is the crime

Ah a fellow defender.

Sanchez wasn't great on Saturday but I'm not sure how much I blame him for the goals. On the second one, he's not at fault. Royal has to show some desire to get there ahead of the Bournemouth lad and doesn't. That's on him for me. Sanchez is just unfortunate that he's fallen over Royal in the aftermath to be honest although it did look bad.

On the first one, their lad has done Davies for pace. Now Davies isn't a million miles from recovering but Sanchez is facing two potential sources of danger. The lad with the ball and Moore behind him. He's got to do something and can't just go all-in on one of those sources of danger or the other one potentially has an easy chance. He's got to get close enough to the lad with the ball that he can challenge him if he goes alone and cut off the passing lane to Moore. Similar to what VVD did against Sissoko and Son at Anfield a few years ago. I think that's what Sanchez is trying and he probably gambled too much on the lad with the ball being the danger. Royal could have gotten him out of a hole, which is what you'd expect of your full back (not necessarily from a wing back though) but he's too slow getting back.

I'm no fan of Sanchez - I was on here asking people to stop quoting the "haven't conceded in x games with Sanchez playing" because it was a happy coincidence rather than because of him. But I wouldn't be too hard on him for the goals on Saturday.
It's not the goals , it's the fact he looked like Bambi on ice whenever the ball came near him !

Seeing the two hapless individuals Royal and Sanchez sitting on the floor discussing / arguing what went wrong immediately after we conceded the second goal made my blood boil.
Wanted the ground to open up and swallow them to save me , the club and themselves from any further embarrassment.

Royal didn’t show enough desire to get to the ball for the second goal. Can only imagine the stick if that had been Sessegnon.

Royal didn’t show enough desire to get to the ball for the second goal. Can only imagine the stick if that had been Sessegnon.

I think people expect more from Sessegnon than from Emerson. I think people have hope for Sessegnon whilst people feel that Emerson is waiting to be replaced.

Back