• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Thought he was fine. He's played just about every min this season, he's not going to go charging around, waste energy and risk a muscle injury.
Issue was with Conte not giving him a rest when he could with Richy there.
Misplaced more passes than usual. still has good upper body strength and good to see him turning and swivelling on the move, some things that we haven't seen of late.

This is what VAR does to the passion in football. fudging hate it.

They need to scrap VAR, it’s hardly helped. Use goalline and forthcoming offside technology and the rest is the ref and other officials duty. Football is about passion in the moment, not sitting on hands scared to celebrate a goal that may be disallowed.

They need to scrap VAR, it’s hardly helped. Use goalline and forthcoming offside technology and the rest is the ref and other officials duty. Football is about passion in the moment, not sitting on hands scared to celebrate a goal that may be disallowed.

Could not celebrate any of those 3 goals in the moment yesterday thanks to VAR.

Wednesday's late effort was the first time I have screamed with joy at home for months...and look what happened. Back to just sitting there thinking Was he off, was there a foul, etc; Totally sucked the life out of seeing a goal, and not just our games.
Same with England games, and certainly like last night I was convinced that leeds goal would get ruled out, so could not enjoy that moment as it happened

Could not celebrate any of those 3 goals in the moment yesterday thanks to VAR.

Wednesday's late effort was the first time I have screamed with joy at home for months...and look what happened. Back to just sitting there thinking Was he off, was there a foul, etc; Totally sucked the life out of seeing a goal, and not just our games.
Same with England games, and certainly like last night I was convinced that leeds goal would get ruled out, so could not enjoy that moment as it happened
I was sure VAR would find some slight push or holding for the last goal and disallow it.

Good post and especially the bolded bit, however i would only keep the goalline technology.

Good post and especially the bolded bit, however i would only keep the goalline technology.

If the offside technology works, and that’s an IF, then it would make sense to use it. But VAR clearly doesn’t work and any positives in identifying actual mistakes are undone by a combination of removing passion, inconsistency in application and further human error. VAR needs the bin.

If the offside technology works, and that’s an IF, then it would make sense to use it. But VAR clearly doesn’t work and any positives in identifying actual mistakes are undone by a combination of removing passion, inconsistency in application and further human error. VAR needs the bin.
The rule works
The technology doesn’t currently

it’s the application of the technology that doesn’t work, not the technology itself.
No the technology isn’t accurate
It’s margin of error is too high
It’s roughly 2/3rds of a football out
Or 3/4 of a players foot
That’s way way way too much for the way they call the lines

Lets be clear here, the technology is there to fix this.
Players are chipped, set the rule that a line is drawn from the chips. It is the same for everyone so there is no advantage.
The ball can chipped, the chip has the potential to tell you the direction of the ball and when that ball changes direction and in which direction it is travelling.
Problem solved.
But for whatever reason the authorities don't want to do it.

Lets be clear here, the technology is there to fix this.
Players are chipped, set the rule that a line is drawn from the chips. It is the same for everyone so there is no advantage.
The ball can chipped, the chip has the potential to tell you the direction of the ball and when that ball changes direction and in which direction it is travelling.
Problem solved.
But for whatever reason the authorities don't want to do it.

Probably cost a couple of grand a week and we all know how strapped for cash they are.

Seeing the two hapless individuals Royal and Sanchez sitting on the floor discussing / arguing what went wrong immediately after we conceded the second goal made my blood boil.
Wanted the ground to open up and swallow them to save me , the club and themselves from any further embarrassment.

Last edited:
Seeing the two hapless individuals Royal and Sanchez sitting on the floor discussing / arguing what went wrong immediately after we conceded the second goal made my blood boil.
Wanted the ground to open up and swallow them to save me , the club and themselves from any further embarrassment.

I still don’t understand why we paid £42m for Sanchez. That’s £67m spent on defenders that we could have done so so much better with.

Back