• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur at Wolverhampton Wanderers

Few thoughts:

1) great win. Rode our luck massively and whilst they had many chances the better one on ones probably went to us

2) very different game to city as others have pointed out - not sure the tactics worked as well here

3) Traore will destroy many many defenders so hope Japhet learns from this and Improves as he got played throughout

4) Wolves lack of compusure cost them as opposed to us keeping them shut down

5) Dele was class and MotM for me, ran EVERYWHERE all game

6) Dier defensively did what was needed but was definitely at fault as he tried to take the ball round someone past the centre circle and got caught out

7) Better from Bergwijn but needs goals and assists

Look end of the day, 6pts at home to City and away to Wolves is literally unreal, they'll be games that don't go our way on the day so have to take it

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The team defended our goal with bravery. We kept things compact, and we will be difficult to score against. When playing City, or playing away, defending your goal is an essential ingredient of a good team. What we were not able to do is play through midfield well enough or transition from defending into any sort of possession.

The most concerning thing about today was it was highly reminiscent of Mourinho. The logic from Mourinho was correct however, you have to build a strong defensive foundation to any team. And so Nuno is doing the right thing too. With Mourinho, we went top of the league and seemed to stop progressing. We became precious and thought we could sit-in, defend and break all season. But what we needed to do was build upon the defensive foundation and work on our passing and transitioning from defense into possession. It is fine to try and break and attack quickly, but when that is not on, you need to be able to keep the ball, and not just give it back right away to the opposition. You need to be able to control games by holding the ball too.

I think we desperately need a commanding CM, and maybe a commanding CB too. We don't know what Romero will be like, but at 23 he will likely need a more experienced head beside him. In midfield, if Ndombele won't step up, we need someone who can shield the ball and make passes stick in tight areas.

A phenomenal start from Nuno. Hopefully he knows what needs to be done now. I hope he is braver than Mourinho and builds upon a good defensive foundation rather than defaults to it.

I didnt watch the game, but it sounded like the game in mid week, mistake in midfield and defense ball watching, but this time we got away with it. I wonder if its the system (as well as the players)? We have had 2 wins in 2 games, both very tricky opponents. When you stop and think that most of us would have been happy with 4 points after 3 games we are doing something right. It is going to take time, new manager, new players, new system, but this is an excellent foundation to build on ( look at that other team up the road from us). Yes weare crying out for a decent midfield, the days of Gazza seem five-ever ago. Hopefully we might be able to get someone in who can take control of the game (but they are few and far). I am not happy with the way we played the last two games hopefully we can get better, winning builds confidence and that has been lacking in the team for a while. Looking forward to our next two games.

Good post, Bedford. Long-time cliche: Defence wins championships.

Whatever Nuno is hoping for, nothing positive can happen until we defend properly. We've absorbed a fair bit of pressure in these first two games and stood resolute. That can only build confidence going forward and get everyone buying into Nuno's tactics.

There's definitely more to offer in attack, but we can hardly blame Nuno for focusing on the defensive fundamentals in the early days of his tenure. He can't be certain about what his attacking personnel will be come the transfer deadline. Defending is something he can have more certainty on. He's also got the midfield and forwards defending more effectively up the pitch.

Finally a bit of balance on here, I was getting ready to do meself in reading this omt when the match was on.

Nuno has coped brilliantly with horror situations to deal with in Kane and ndombele.

have an excellent chance of getting maximum points before the international break.

so we rode our luck, was always going to be the case, and up against it vs excellent support and a decent team.

well done the lads.

So its not been the expansive free flowing football we all want, but i'm surr that will come, but the difference in the defence is great to see.
The closing down, the chasing back and players throwing themselves into blocks hss been missing for too long.
They fudging care again.
Free flowing expansive football will only come with players who can play it. Pivotal to that is a CM with good passing ability.

Agreed it’s nice to see two solid wins but I can’t get my hopes up as we’ve not really improved the squad much as it stands.

Tough game to watch, Wolves really came at us flat out for about 60 odd minutes (there is zero way a squad that small can play like that all season)

6 shots on goal for them despite all that, similar City had a lot of the ball last week got 5 on target.

Still not good enough with the ball, clearly we need to sort the striker issue and CM lineup

What was the same from last week-end is the effort, application, everyone putting in the work.

Still ugly, but we need to give some time and we do need a player or two more in squad.

Free flowing expansive football will only come with players who can play it. Pivotal to that is a CM with good passing ability.

Agreed it’s nice to see two solid wins but I can’t get my hopes up as we’ve not really improved the squad much as it stands.

There's still a lot of work needed.
But, other than Tanganga the back line is similar to the two seasons except they bow look focused, drilled and like it actually mrans something.
Last season we would have lost those games because we would have conceded, and none of them looked particularly bothered about that.
This season looks a lot different, to me anyway.

There's still a lot of work needed.
But, other than Tanganga the back line is similar to the two seasons except they bow look focused, drilled and like it actually mrans something.
Last season we would have lost those games because we would have conceded, and none of them looked particularly bothered about that.
This season looks a lot different, to me anyway.

I can’t knock it defensively and yes they do look more motivated.

Just concerned that we don’t do enough in possession. We are pretty sloppy at times. We are a CM short. Today Lo Celso came on and his passing is so passive and the when he does get moving forwards he holds on to long.

Eriksen was top notch snd hard to replace but we really miss that type of player.

I do like the work ethic and togetherness but we need more than that.

This weeks

ruzt442dpyi71.jpg

Against City for comparison

i9201cqlwkh71.jpg

Quick thought is perhaps Traore gave Tanganga too much trouble for him to be effective in out with ball work.

This weeks

ruzt442dpyi71.jpg

Against City for comparison

i9201cqlwkh71.jpg

Quick thought is perhaps Traore gave Tanganga too much trouble for him to be effective in out with ball work.
Agreed
Although where was Traore after 65 mins?
I think we also under estimating how much impact them being at home and having that crowd was for them
Already we’re back to generally the home teams getting the advantage and less away results
The atmosphere was quite loud on the TV and that would spur them on

Back