• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur at Wolverhampton Wanderers

I can’t knock it defensively and yes they do look more motivated.

Just concerned that we don’t do enough in possession. We are pretty sloppy at times. We are a CM short. Today Lo Celso came on and his passing is so passive and the when he does get moving forwards he holds on to long.

Eriksen was top notch snd hard to replace but we really miss that type of player.

I do like the work ethic and togetherness but we need more than that.

Other than the lo celso bit i agree about going forward.
But it will take some time. With the talent we have i would back us to score in nost games, don't concede, or keep it to 1 and that adds up to a good amount of points.

Solid it was not. Thought we looked more solid against City, at least outside the opening 15-20 minutes.

We got the perfect game conditions handed to us by that early penalty goal, yet we looked far from in control, far from solid and only sporadically threatened on the break.

This to me was more lucky than solid.

We won't come up against Traore every week. First home game, energy from the crowd and all that. Wolves are a good team, always capable of making it difficult for teams, but still. We looked bereft of ideas, left hitting long balls from Lloris to Tanganga or Moura to relieve pressure. Moura, Son and Bergwijn up against Kilman, Coady and Saiss, yet for long spells we weren't even able to launch counter attacks.

No I agree , meant more in terms of 6 points in the bank. There was some good defending which can’t be said for a lot of last season.

Sure, and that takes time. A central trio of Hojbjerg, Skipp and Alli will lack some key ingredients for a long time imo.

If Ndombele really is on his way out we desperately need to replace him imo. This game looked tailor made for him to break the press and launch attacks. As it were we had... who exactly doing that? No one really.

Happy to see Alli getting into good positions in the box from that box to box role. That will be very useful I think.

Yeah agree that as a trio it is lacking some creativity - if Dele continues to progress in the box to box roll then I'd like to see one of PEH/Skipp rotated out for a more creative CM against teams that we should expect to dominate, be that Ndombele or a a replacement.

Levy would be wise to declare a deadline - full whack deal, £150 in one immediate payment - to take place within the next few days. Aug. 25th at latest. Or Kane won't be sold and will remain with Spurs all season.

We all know his love of the deadline day deal, but this is no time to put money ahead of sound judgement. There's a pretty happy squad there that have to be excited about how things are unfolding under a new manager.

We're off to a perfect start with a winnable home fixture upcoming before the international break. You don't blithely chuck away the value of this for the thrill of a little financial brinksmanship.
A time for setting a deadline has already well passed.

Levy is 100% not going to sell on deadline day.

Outplayed, but we had better chances than them.

Our xG includes the penalty, so about .7 lower from open play. What it doesn't account for are some of the breakaways we had which didn't result in a shot due to a bad final pass. Overall we did have the better opportunities, while they were taking a lot of pot shots from distance. A tie wouldn't have been unfair, but I'll take the win. ;)

Our xG includes the penalty, so about .7 lower from open play. What it doesn't account for are some of the breakaways we had which didn't result in a shot due to a bad final pass. Overall we did have the better opportunities, while they were taking a lot of pot shots from distance. A tie wouldn't have been unfair, but I'll take the win. ;)
Are you sure that includes the penalty ? Most don’t
Kane’s one on one with the keeper was better than anything they created all game

Jesus, atrocious performance.

I had enough of this crap last season - the luck will run out, eventually.

Priceless three points, and decent defending in the end...but I expect us to hold the ball better, and play through f*cking pressure. Play. Get the ball on the damn deck and pass it around, please.
The difference with last season is that after we get the lead, we actually create a few more high probability chances (leaving aside the atrocious final pass or finishing). Last year after we scored we did fudge all. With a little better concentration and finishing we can put these games away and make them look more comfortable wins than what they end up being, even if we play the same.

I imagine Adama Traore is a player that most see twice a year and think they should sign him as he looks incredible, however I imagine Wolves fans are pretty sick of him missing great chances and no final ball.

I imagine Adama Traore is a player that most see twice a year and think they should sign him as he looks incredible, however I imagine Wolves fans are pretty sick of him missing great chances and no final ball.

His best return was 6 goals in a 54 game season, I believe he wasn't even an automatic start for Nuno in the end.

Thing with him is he will never make sense as the attacking outlet (unless he suddenly develops an end product), however, he might be a very interesting "distraction" in a better team, i.e. use him to create space for others to actually do the damage. I think the problem at Wolves is none of their attackers have a good conversion rate, so even those he creates space for don't deliver.

His best return was 6 goals in a 54 game season, I believe he wasn't even an automatic start for Nuno in the end.

Thing with him is he will never make sense as the attacking outlet (unless he suddenly develops an end product), however, he might be a very interesting "distraction" in a better team, i.e. use him to create space for others to actually do the damage. I think the problem at Wolves is none of their attackers have a good conversion rate, so even those he creates space for don't deliver.

I think even 2 seasons ago when he had his purple patch he started a lot of games on the bench?

40 million is way too much.

I think he would make a great impact sub
That’s about it
I’ve said it a lot recently but compare him to Alain Saint Maxim who plays the same role. I know which one I’d have

We have massively ridden our luck in these two league games. Wasteful opposition, Hugo bailing us out. PEH and Skipp are proving essential with the shielding they do of our defence. I didn’t think any of them looked good against Wolves, Tanganga was run ragged by Traore from the first minute but I guess I he won’t be outmuscled most weeks like he was by him. If Traore had better end product he’d be phenomenal. Reguilon looks a bit all over the place defensively which is worrying because we know how good he can look in attack. Dier and Sanchez aren’t the CBs for me, I just worry how long it will take for Romero, Rodon or someone else to settle into the team.

Playing badly and winning is a good sign but there’s plenty of worrying signs in full HD staring at us which can’t be ignored.

Sounds obvious but Kane improved us when he came on. We wouldn’t be just needing to replace his goals, he’s our best passer in the final third too.

We have had some outrageous good fortune in the last two PL games. However, thankfully it is counterbalancing all the really bad luck we had last year - soft penalties against all the top teams at crucial points, ridiculous penalties (Dier against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and offside decisions by the width of Son's big toe!!! It is about time our luck changed.

However the really worrying thing for me is the lack of chances created in all three games (including the Conference one). Our midfield lacks control and creativity. We need to sell some of our dead wood (including N'Dombele ) and bring in a creative midfielder and another centre forward (regardless of whether Kane stays or goes). Two new CFs if he goes.

According to über-ITK Hercules, Traore is badly wanted by Nuno. Hopefully Paratici has other ideas or the ITK is wrong, again.

Back