• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs SomeDodgy Mancs

We're 100% underperforming. As much as I want to, I can't pin it all on Guardiola and an unbalanced squad. All 3 of the goals that have hit our net against you this season have come from fatal individual errors, for example. Every match is full of them, and no amount of coaching or money spent can cure severe cases of brick-for-brains.

To be very honest mate, that's exactly what people have said here about us at times.

It's what happens with system teams, when the system doesn't work, players get exposed and they make mistakes.

To be very honest mate, that's exactly what people have said here about us at times.

It's what happens with system teams, when the system doesn't work, players get exposed and they make mistakes.

Agreed. Hope City get their brick together for the rest of the season in the league.

Strange to see a City fan complaining about their team being boring...at least they had 60% plus possession. A counter-attacking style is not the Spurs way, and while it was fantastic to see us pull it off, I don't go to the Lane to watch us struggle for possession, however exciting it is to see Son on the charge. Hey ho, at least the atmosphere was good, at times very very good, and it makes a refreshing change to see us play really well.

Strange to see a City fan complaining about their team being boring...at least they had 60% plus possession. A counter-attacking style is not the Spurs way, and while it was fantastic to see us pull it off, I don't go to the Lane to watch us struggle for possession, however exciting it is to see Son on the charge. Hey ho, at least the atmosphere was good, at times very very good, and it makes a refreshing change to see us play really well.

What's the point of possession if you do nothing with it? Possession for possessions sake isn't what i'd call exciting.

I like counter attacking football, I find it exciting. Loved the days of Bale and Lennon under Redknapp and the end of last season under Conte was really pleasing as well, like yesterday.

give me that rather than the likes of AVB’s 60% possession every day of the week.

I enjoy it when done well
If you attack quickly and effectively it can be brilliant to see
We played some great attacking play yesterday that tore them apart

There were a few occasions when Son, Kane and Kulusevski were breaking forward and their defence looked panicked.
We had such a solid base behind them to allow the three to springboard forward a number of times.

Last edited:

Agree. It's a harder watch when the opposition team put 11 behind the ball though and we do need to break them down. A dembele with end product would be useful, but also cost an absolute fortune.

Agree. It's a harder watch when the opposition team put 11 behind the ball though and we do need to break them down. A dembele with end product would be useful, but also cost an absolute fortune.

Yeh Bellingham would be out of our reach

I like counter attacking football, I find it exciting. Loved the days of Bale and Lennon under Redknapp and the end of last season under Conte was really pleasing as well, like yesterday.

give me that rather than the likes of AVB’s 60% possession every day of the week.
We were also a heavy possession side in the days of Harry. It's just that we also could and did play on the transition better. Harry loved to spread the ball wide and have the wider work it. Bale, Corluka, Lennon etc. But we dominated possession in the majority of games we played and that was bound to happen when you have Modric, VDV, Huddlestone, Krancjar etc all the playing.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Definitely agree. Can't argue with taste and preferences. I can understand people preferring other styles of play. But when the current system works there's a lot to enjoy and be excited about, some real lovely passages of play.

We've seen us have higher possession numbers before and be boring. I don't mind us having less possession as long as we're solid when defending and threatening when we get the ball.

Definitely agree. Can't argue with taste and preferences. I can understand people preferring other styles of play. But when the current system works there's a lot to enjoy and be excited about, some real lovely passages of play.

We've seen us have higher possession numbers before and be boring. I don't mind us having less possession as long as we're solid when defending and threatening when we get the ball.

I remember some of those games at Wembley where we dominated play but it was very frustrating watch.

Was surprised that many TV pundits thought Grealish was their best player, he caught the eye with his antics but he slowed their attacks down with fannying about and passing backwards to get it back and repeat. Defenders hate early passes into the box and his play let us set up nicely.

Was surprised that many TV pundits thought Grealish was their best player, he caught the eye with his antics but he slowed their attacks down with fannying about and passing backwards to get it back and repeat. Defenders hate early passes into the box and his play let us set up nicely.
If referees stopped falling for his sitting down trick he'd be in League One by the end of his contract.

Just read the reason City lost, Pep said its four and half hour travelling time to London is exhausting, shame the club is so strapped for cash they cant afford to stay overnight at the Premier Inn near Tescos.

Back