• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Milan ***

Betfred were quoting Milan to win at 6/4 earlier, think its down to 7/5, but they have more faith in us getting something than I do.

I assume those odds will tumble once our midfield is confirmed at 7pm....

This may sound silly in hindsight later on tonight. But I'm rather excited to see what Skipp and Sarr can do tonight. Think both have deserved more game time than they've gotten, though a real shame that Bentancur and Bissouma are injured, at least they get their chances.

Big responsibility on young shoulders. And to have the pair of them at the same time with limited game time and in a team that hasn't exactly been flying is a big ask. Skipp has rarely, if ever, looked out of place when given the chance. Sarr has had fewer chances to show what he can do, but has shown positive signs. Comes with experience from France and a bit from the national team.

Not quite sink or swim, they'll both get more chances if they don't grab this one. But a chance at a really big stage to put down a marker for what they can do.

Some other causes for optimism and excitement despite the recent painful loss to Leicester. Harry Kane is Harry Kane. We have a good selection of attacking players again. Even Porro as an attacking option if wanted. And Romero will be back.
I'm a little bit worried about Sarr, his positional sense is still that of an inexperienced player and that is the sort of thing that an Italian team will exploit, especially if we choose to play our usual formation with the midfield two operating a double pivot.

I'm a little bit worried about Sarr, his positional sense is still that of an inexperienced player and that is the sort of thing that an Italian team will exploit, especially if we choose to play our usual formation with the midfield two operating a double pivot.
I'd expect Skipp being told to sit as he is very disciplined and his positional play is really good for his age.

I'd expect Skipp being told to sit as he is very disciplined and his positional play is really good for his age.

I hope not. I think that Sarr is far better suited to playing deep out of the two. I have been impressed with Sarr's link up play and ability to drop deep and collect the ball from defence.

Went to watch Milan at the San Siro in August, a pilgrimage after all those years of watching on Channel 4.

They was quite rubbish to be fair, Tonali a big disappointment, Rafael Leão is far and away their best player. I'm expecting a 2-0 win for them. Origi brace.

Just saw yesterday's press conference, and other statements from Conte, and I feel that Conte's poor English isn't helping. He said we have to trust Skipp and Sarr. That to me sounds like "we don't really trust them but we have no other choice". Doesn't mean that's what he meant, but you get that impression from that wording.

If his English was better, he could/should have said something like;
- They are spurs players, and spurs players for a reason. They are an important part of the squad and we have full confidence in every player in our squad.

I hope not. I think that Sarr is far better suited to playing deep out of the two. I have been impressed with Sarr's link up play and ability to drop deep and collect the ball from defence.
He might be better suited on the ball but not off the ball.

Whaaat? Sarr is box to box, Skipp is a DM

I wonder which spurs will show up today. City spurs or leicester spurs. Our unpredictability is going to kill me sometimes

Whaaat? Sarr is box to box, Skipp is a DM

Other way around for me. We need better build up play, which needs a passer at the base of midfield. Skipp can break things up in front of him. It's the same as we play with Hojbjerg/Bentancur where Bentancur generally plays a little deeper

Back