• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Milan ***

I don't think last night was as bad all things considered, new formation, two young lads who equipt themselves really well. Couple of areas where is the ball had been better we would have caused more issues.

Whats in our favour for 2nd leg is that they are poor, we were comfortable for long periods, I expect us to get into them in the 2nd leg

I don't think last night was as bad all things considered, new formation, two young lads who equipt themselves really well. Couple of areas where is the ball had been better we would have caused more issues.

Whats in our favour for 2nd leg is that they are poor, we were comfortable for long periods, I expect us to get into them in the 2nd leg

It's definitely not over. Ok result, all things considered, and an encouraging performance for large parts of the game.

They're there for the taking, but we have to be more clinical up front and can't keep gifting them big chances.

Didn't play badly but didn't play well either, just the usual sideways passing with no pace or enthusiasm. Milan look a very poor side, couple of pacy people up front but they don't offer much else. If we had any form then I'd be a lot more confident in us getting through.

Of course a decent result for an away CL knockout match, but in the context of both us looking as crap as we have all season and their recent results, it's disappointing. They've conceded 19 goals in 9 games before us and we barely had a shot. They also had 2 great chances from headers that could have easily made it 2-0 or worse.

So yes, a good result to take to the 2nd leg, but still disappointing.

‘We Are Tottenham TV’ had a pre match video in which they discussed whether 1-0 loss was an acceptable result and seemed to think in the end that it would be ok.

I don’t know what people think of that fan cast. It’s mostly decent I think. It’s Spurs content and by Spurs supporting brothers. I don’t know if they post on here or not.

Anyway all things considered, a 1-0 loss is ok as it gives us the chance to go at Milan in the home tie. I fully expect Milan to adopt a counter attacking approach and it could be dangerous especially if we play Porro up against Leao. Porro being a consideration as we will need to be on the front foot next tie.

It's because of the way we play. He always receives the ball with his back to the goal, and often two players pressing him. That's the weakest side of his game. Son needs to be played into space, but we never get to do that. And because he always receives the ball in his weakest position, and loses it, his confidence drops and drops and drops, so if he somehow gets the ball with space to run, his low confidence keeps him from doing what he's best at. It's a vicious circle.

I definitely agree that this is a factor. Our overall play hasn't been at the level it was last season when we managed to find Son in good positions more often.

I do also suspect that this isn't the only explanation.

As I said in another thread I think Hojbjerg is a little under rated on here which is a shame. I think he contributes more to attacks than he does defensively. Maybe it's not an accurate reflection of what is actually happening given the stats. But he does seem to weigh in on the attacking side.
Completely agree. Like the goal vs City. We've scored other similar goals too. Højbjerg has the experience to know when to burst forward and nick the ball, or just make a penetrating run. Sarr and Skipp did ever so well, but I think one of them will have to sit on the bench, with Højbjerg coming in. He's better than most in here will admit.

Didn't play badly but didn't play well either, just the usual sideways passing with no pace or enthusiasm. Milan look a very poor side, couple of pacy people up front but they don't offer much else. If we had any form then I'd be a lot more confident in us getting through.
We could have torn them apart if he'd played to our potential (which sadly we almost never do)

Just happens. Sometimes it works, sometimes you buy a player a year or two too late. Edgar Davids versus Nicola Berti
I think it also has to do with how crap we are playing. If the team was clicking, Perisic would look much better. But if you are expecting him to carry the left side and be a one-man wrecking machine, then yeah, he's been disappointing.

Glad I got to see the San Siro before it is reduced to rubble, even if it came with a loss.
But what a total shambles getting out of the place. It was getting quite dangerous at times in the crush at the station. And by the time I got in the connecting lines had stopped running. Lucky there was a night bus.

We could have torn them apart if he'd played to our potential (which sadly we almost never do)

It's kind of scary that we seemingly cannot play with good intensity for more than 45 minutes (at most) when playing twice a week.

For me we looked good with regards to intensity in the first half, for most of the half. But lacking a bit of quality, that happens. Second half quite a bit slower, shorter periods with intensity, then not really.

That's with changing both our midfielders and Emerson rested vs. Leicester.

Really think the issue here is Kane, Son and to some extent at least Perisic. Perhaps Kulusevski too isn't at peak fitness?

Even stranger that we don't see more rotation, or at least earlier subs particularly for Son if my impression is accurate. Same at wing back when we had options. Can get that we don't take off Kane of course. But when it's him and others dropping in intensity it's really difficult to get good, consistent performances.

I actually thought we played better then we have been doing, impressed with Skippy and Sar and Emerson had a very good game ( again). Son needs to be on the bench for a while and Richarlson should be in his place.

The way we pass has improved a lot. Still more to come, but under pressure we played the ball out of defence and through midfield well last night. We missed some spark in the final third. When we did get openings they were momentary and we needed to play a faster more instinctive ball before the space was closed down.

Our attack hasn't had much rotation. Desperately hope Richarlison and Danjuma can get a run of games. Hard to play them into form but we need them. Too much pressure on Kulu, Kane and Son who just look a bit tired out.

Last edited:
I actually thought we played better then we have been doing, impressed with Skippy and Sar and Emerson had a very good game ( again). Son needs to be on the bench for a while and Richarlson should be in his place.
We played WAY better against City (and probably Fulham and Preston), but it was a million times better than Leicester, so if you mean recently, as in the last game, then I’d agree.

This. Conte needs to wake up from his delusion of thinking there are only a certain number of players he can "trust" - not sure where he's gotten that notion from. Free your spirit, Antonio, there's lots of talent in this squad, but they need to be shown trust!
i think this has somewhat broken the great team spirit. its come down back to an inner circle of players that have privileges and not actually based on performance.

We played WAY better against City (and probably Fulham and Preston), but it was a million times better than Leicester, so if you mean recently, as in the last game, then I’d agree.

We did play much better against City, but in very different circumstances that suited us better imo.

As always conceding an early goal also changes the game a lot. Taking those factors into account the performance was good, though still quite a way off our best.

Back