• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs vs FC Barcelona***

I wonder why he's even in the squad at all - there were a few occasions when he was in the box and wasn't crossed to. If you're not going to give him a chance at a header then, Llorente, what does he do?
It's easy to say we didn't cross the ball to him, but it's not like we had a brickload of opportunities to cross in the first place and didn't.

Spurs aside, how good is Messi though, pleasure to watch a genius in action.
His pinpoint passing is extremely difficult to defend against. Even if the defender is tracking his player, Messi has a way of putting the ball where the defender cannot get to it. Pure genius and the ability to match it.

So last night our outfield Bench was

KWP
Sissoko
Llorente
Skipp
Rose
Dier

Out of those you could argue we would want to replace Sissoko and Llorente
Our bench should have looked like

Son
Lamela
Sanchez
Dier
Dembele
Rose

Therefore you are booting 2 of those lot out of the squad, we are not as thin as people make out, its clouded by personal vendettas against players in our squad, or making unrealistic comparisons vs other teams.

KWP, Aurier are already in the stands at this point sat with Foyth

Nkoudou and Jansen are at home with Skipp and Amos

Take
Azpilicueta, Hazard, Willian, Kovacic, Moses out of the chelsea team and lets see their squad

Just watched the highlights of PSV vs Inter

Inter were MASSIVELY lucky again tonight. Their keeper handled outside the box in the first half (a mad dash like Lloris) but was only yellow carded.

And for the winner the PSV keeper rushed out (a mad dash like Lloris) and smashed his own player out of the way, so Icardi could tap it into the open net.
I don't think they were that lucky.

No, there's no way of knowing, but unless we went out and spent considerably more than our reported £150m I wouldn't expect us to beat barca.
They are the best team on the planet imv, and by quite a way.

I agree totally.
I was quite buoyed by our performance last night which surprised me.
Take away Hugos latest brain fart and I will cling to the hope of a draw.
Loved the Rakatic strike. Messi is calmness personified.

I agree totally.
I was quite buoyed by our performance last night which surprised me.
Take away Hugos latest brain fart and I will cling to the hope of a draw.
Loved the Rakatic strike. Messi calmness personified.

After the first goal I feared the worst, but really it was a genius playing at his near best and a wonder stroke that undone us.
I think some of our players maybe grew up a little last night.
The two Harry's, lamela, moura and dier all seemed to grow in stature.

Not picking you, but I've seen mentioned a few times now, when did Robbie Keane become privy to our transfer business?
Why would levy be dropping nuggets in his ear?
You don’t think a former player like Keane would have contact with people at the club? A certain Lesley King for example....

Robbie Keane said. :p PR at work IMHO to assuage the season ticket buying masses.

What does "in for" actually mean.
We dingdonged about with Grealish bid after much media fanfare.
Then convenient blamed villa.
Whether you choose to believe it is up to you mate. So you think we will continue to sign no one in the next window, and the one after that? Because our finances won’t be any different then. We have dollar but Levys unwillingness to ever budge on what he sees as value is our biggest restriction - not a lack of funds because of the stadium...

It's easy to say we didn't cross the ball to him, but it's not like we had a brickload of opportunities to cross in the first place and didn't.
I saw at least two opportunities- one Trippier, one Dier. With the game ebbing away and a big man that aim at its either not in the plan or they don’t trust him. Either way, Llorente - what’s the point?

After the first goal I feared the worst, but really it was a genius playing at his near best and a wonder stroke that undone us.
I think some of our players maybe grew up a little last night.
The two Harry's, lamela, moura and dier all seemed to grow in stature.

The first goal for me serves notice to Hugo to cut it out or suffer the consequences.
He put us completely behind the 8 ball from the get go (no im not from the US).
I was very happy with everybody except Hugo last night.

If you remember Poch himself came out before the window closed and said in a presser that the cost of the stadium was a restraint on the transfer budget, or words to that effect.

He was doing Levy's dirty work for him.
Yea he said that once knowing was unlikely will be getting anyone in. At the start of the window he said we had our targets, we knew the state of play at the start of the window yet were still after players then. If we continue not to purchase in subsequent windows I’ll buy into the stadium having a real impact, but for me we have the funds to purchase players - but only if Levy sees it as fair value which is getting harder and harder....

Whether you choose to believe it is up to you mate. So you think we will continue to sign no one in the next window, and the one after that? Because our finances won’t be any different then. We have dollar but Levys unwillingness to ever budge on what he sees as value is our biggest restriction - not a lack of funds because of the stadium...

I think "no one" is too strong. I think/hope we will sign some new blood/bargains to fill the bench and academy. But big-ticket items like de Ligt in the £65m area, I doubt. I really hope I'm wrong.
Levy will now show us if the stadium was affordable or not by how much it does reduce our transfer spending over the next 5 years. The proof of the pudding etc.

I think "no one" is too strong. I think/hope we will sign some new blood/bargains to fill the bench and academy. But big-ticket items like de Ligt in the £65m area, I doubt. I really hope I'm wrong.
Levy will now show us if the stadium was affordable or not by how much it does reduce our transfer spending over the next 5 years. The proof of the pudding etc.

Of course, Levy is on record as saying it wouldn't have any effect on our transfer spending, which presumably is why he's gone silent on the subject now and appointed Pochettino bearer of the bad news instead. It doesn't really count, though; I didn't believe him in the first place, anyway. Plus all the costings have probably had to be revised upwards as well, so it's not that surprising if all bets were off.

Of course, Levy is on record as saying it wouldn't have any effect on our transfer spending, which presumably is why he's gone silent on the subject now and appointed Pochettino bearer of the bad news instead. It doesn't really count, though; I didn't believe him in the first place, anyway. Plus all the costings have probably had to be revised upwards as well, so it's not that surprising if all bets were off.

Add the dreaded Brexit to the mix and we could see some stars on thier way out. That will be such a shame but needs must when the bankers call.
He/we have made our bed etc.
The grass looks nice though!:cool:

You don’t think a former player like Keane would have contact with people at the club? A certain Lesley King for example....
Honestly no, at least not to the level that he knows our transfer business.
We don't discuss our transfer business in public, so why would anyone not in a need to know position be told? So they can run their mouth off on TV?
If he was told something before, which I doubt, I doubt he will be ever again.

The first goal for me serves notice to Hugo to cut it out or suffer the consequences.
He put us completely behind the 8 ball from the get go (no im not from the US).
I was very happy with everybody except Hugo last night.

Was disappointed in Hugo, he made a call and got it wrong. A call imo he shouldn't have had make, there was at least two mistakes before his.
Son was useless.
Davies poor and tripps had some iffy moments.
Still happy with overall display though, as a team.

Honestly no, at least not to the level that he knows our transfer business.
We don't discuss our transfer business in public, so why would anyone not in a need to know position be told? So they can run their mouth off on TV?
If he was told something before, which I doubt, I doubt he will be ever again.
If you don’t want to believe Keane that’s fair enough, I don’t see what he’s got to gain by coming out and saying it - he wasn’t trying to make a big thing of it or sensationalise it, just mentioned it during a debate. Poch had his targets at the start of the window,he stated himself - Keanes comments support that, if thats not good enough for you and you thing I he’s lying for some weird reason then fair play....

Back