• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Swansea City***

Either way it's nice to have a problem picking through the squad even with our current injury list.

I know we don't have the strongest bench but we have players that will put in a shift and try hard if they get the opportunity.

We are still a team that is building and if you step back for a minute we are possibly 3 players short of having genuine options off the bench if that.

Poch can utilise players that can play in multiple positions well but it would be nice not having to change the system rather than wanting to.

I think we will play Dier in midfield if big Vic is out. I also think that Son will start as he always has an eye for a goal and was rested on Saturday due to international duty.

I think we blitz them with everything that we have and hit them on the counter with Ali and son. Swansea play a high line press and seem to have fun out of gas after the initial run.

Son at the double with Dele chipping in with one.

0-2 at halftime with another coming early in the second half.

I thought it was Dier and Dembele in the middle of a 4231 - hard to tell on TV though tbf

Yea I found it hard to tell as well really. The commentator said at the start of the 2nd that eriksen had dropped deeper and Sissoko had moved wide forward, but I also thought at one stage that we'd gone 4231 with Dier in the middle as well. Only to later think we were actually still playing 3 at the back!

Yea I found it hard to tell as well really. The commentator said at the start of the 2nd that eriksen had dropped deeper and Sissoko had moved wide forward, but I also thought at one stage that we'd gone 4231 with Dier in the middle as well. Only to later think we were actually still playing 3 at the back!

Must be murder for the opposition also ... well done poch and team

As Moussa only really played 45 minutes v Burnley, I think he'll feature with Dier in the midfield. The question is whether to go three at the back with Wimmer or play 4-2-3-1 with Dier in midfield. I think we'll stick with 4-2-3-1 with Sonny in good form and Janssen up front.

--------Lloris-------
KW---TBA--JV---Davies
----Dier----Dembele-
Eriksen--Dele--Sonny
-------Janssen------

Let's win please.

I'm the biggest welsh spurs fan living not far from swansea and managed to get a ticket for this game in the away end amongst my fellow yids :) I'll be on my own and I cannot wait to sing as loud as I can! If you hear a Welsh accent don't worry, ill be where I belong :) fudge the jacks!

#COYFS!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Have a brilliant time. I recently went to my first live game in donkey's years and it was brilliant beyond words. COYS!!!!

Not sure if Slick Vic will be back for this so would go with 4231

Loris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Dier Dembele
Son Alli Eriksen
Janssen

This for me too. Back to last seasons formation and successful central dm partnership. Hopefully we have too much for Swansea playing like this. If Llorente is fit for them, then we must cut off the supply.

Have a brilliant time. I recently went to my first live game in donkey's years and it was brilliant beyond words. COYS!!!!

It truly amazes me the amount of people that put the effort in on here who have hardly ever/never been so haven't and that pleasure yet

Makes you realise how far reaching football is

Last edited:
It truly amazes me the amount of people that put the effort in on here who have heatedly ever/never been so haven't and that pleasure yet

Makes you realise how far reaching football is
I used to go to every home game from 77-84 (and a few away ones) and it was such a thrill to be back at The Lane for the Soton game. We all support the best club in the world, in my opinion. Even when the moaners start their gonad*sy, sweary grumbling in the North Stand.

Go with the strongest available team and best suited formation and just get the job done. Difficult to see how it pans out, depends how adventurous Swansea are and if Llorente is playing but I know that Clement won't just want them to sit back, he will want them to have a go without being gung ho. 1-3/0-3 is my feel, I think we will really put on a show.......we better had as it is my first trip to Swansea and its a bloody long drive!

Go with the strongest available team and best suited formation and just get the job done. Difficult to see how it pans out, depends how adventurous Swansea are and if Llorente is playing but I know that Clement won't just want them to sit back, he will want them to have a go without being gung ho. 1-3/0-3 is my feel, I think we will really put on a show.......we better had as it is my first trip to Swansea and its a bloody long drive!

Exactly, this is a classic get the job done game, don't care how, just fudging do it.

A few other results go our way and it starts to get interesting ...

Lloris, Davies, Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Janssen

Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Trippier, Edwards, Onomah, Nkoudou

Exactly, this is a classic get the job done game, don't care how, just fudging do it.

A few other results go our way and it starts to get interesting ...

Definitely. Win this and then we can think about doing the same thing and getting through it against Watford but this needs taking care of first. Let's at least put ourselves in a position to put pressure on and not implode at the mere thought of it, which dropping points here would be tbh given Chelsea's defeat Saturday and fixture at the same time. It's there for us if we want it enough to see it through professionally.

Likes others have said, just get a win. 3 points; another clean sheet should give us the chance to do so.
We will need to concentrate on ourselves as well: i honestly think Emirates Marketing Project will be 3-0 down by half-time vs Chelski so we should not think too much about Chelski at all.

I think he'll be tempted to play Wanyama if semi-fit but i think he'll make the bench at best tbh; i think Poch will rather make sure Victor is available against Watford as they are a much more physical side than Swansea (not that Swansea are physically weak themselves).

I think he'll go with 4-2-3-1:

Lloris

Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies

Dier Dembele

Eriksen Alli Son

Janssen

It was good to see both Nkoudou and Sissoko on the bench in the last game: pacy options to introduce alongside Son. Am hopng either could get some game time if we get ourselves in a comfortable position.

Prediction: 0-2, Janssen and Son with the goals if Llorente doesn't play; 1-2 if he does (and he gets a late consolation).

COYS

Back