• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Fiorentina 1st leg ***

Players only feel tired when they lose, good results keep you going. We should play strongest team against Forentina (home) ,West Ham and Chelsea. The Europa League format is deeply flawed, far too many games which effected our managers chance of find the right team and the inclusion of the CL drop outs. I'm sure we would have performed better in league if we had not played in it. Liverpool and Man Utd have both done better in league when they didn't have to play so many games.

As someone else said, play the best team for first leg, WHam, and cup final. Send second stringers for the return leg, regardless of the result in the first leg. We give EL a shot, but gamble everything in the first game. If it doesn't pan out, we focus on cup and PL. In any case without the EL games, 4th place is attainable.

I agree with alekaras, and I'd like to see Poch agree too come match-day. Fiorentina are in good form, with just one defeat in 112 games - Salah helped them beat Sassuolo 3-1 in their last game, and even though Rossi and Vargas are out heading into this one, they'll likely give us a real fight. Send out the first-team, Poch, and give us fans a great game to watch. :)

I agree with alekaras, and I'd like to see Poch agree too come match-day. Fiorentina are in good form, with just one defeat in 112 games - Salah helped them beat Sassuolo 3-1 in their last game, and even though Rossi and Vargas are out heading into this one, they'll likely give us a real fight. Send out the first-team, Poch, and give us fans a great game to watch. :)

fook me dubai...

one defeat in 112 games.... we have no chance then...didnt realise there form was so sexo es vida!

--------------lloris
walker---dier----vert---rose
--------bentaleb---mason
lamela-----dembele----eriksen
--------------kane

win 3-1

2nd leg
-------------vorm
chiriches---fazio---vert---davies
--------stambouli---paulinho
townsend------soldado----chadli
--------------adebayor

lose 2-1, go through on aggregate.

er.... the choice to play 1st or 2nd string!
Hi Nige, Mwah!:p

I should have said what choice do we have if we want to give ourselves the chance to win what will be a very tough game vs Chelski. :)

Can you imagine of Kane, Eriksen, Verts or Lloris were injured a few days before the final??? :eek:

Can of course happen regardless, but I'd like to make it a little less likely by those guys not playing 3days before away in Florence :lol:

Hi Nige, Mwah!:p

I should have said what choice do we have if we want to give ourselves the chance to win what will be a very tough game vs Chelski. :)

Can you imagine of Kane, Eriksen, Verts or Lloris were injured a few days before the final??? :eek:

Can of course happen regardless, but I'd like to make it a little less likely by those guys not playing 3days before away in Florence :lol:

I think the time for protecting players.....being namby pamby wishy washy is a no go!

Everytime we try and be clever it usually backfires on us....remember I think we rested Bale away at Inter a few seasons ago and nearly went out...or maybe he was injured....anyway I think we may as well go for it!

I hate the thought of us fecking around and losing to Fiorentina and then being done by Moaning one's boys.....common sense prevails....if we are comfy 2nd leg then bring off or rest key players......but this is spurs so we will probably go to Italy having to go at it hammer and tongs.

At least we still have Emmanuel at the club hey!

Come on Thursday!!!!!!! I miss watching spurs!

The first half of the season is when you rotate players between matches but when you get to the second half you will have more big matches than not and thus playing your first XI in all of them.
How often do you see chelsea rest players? Not that often. If we rotate for the 2nd leg then lose to chelsea what will you all be saying then?
Only argument for change would be changing the keeper as we have done for most cup games.
Hope to see Fazio return as well, Dier was at fault/could have done better for two goals against Liverpool I believe fazio and beers to be our strongest partnership.

People knock the Europa league but it's very exciting once you get out the groups and face the big sides. It saddens me when people say they'd rather not qualify for it. When I grew up we went nearly a decade without Europe, and watching other teams play was not fun. The top 7 teams in England represent the country in European competition, and I'm proud we are one of those. One CL campaign and we're too big for it?
Dark nights, bright lights, kits lilywhite COYS

People knock the Europa league but it's very exciting once you get out the groups and face the big sides. It saddens me when people say they'd rather not qualify for it. When I grew up we went nearly a decade without Europe, and watching other teams play was not fun. The top 7 teams in England represent the country in European competition, and I'm proud we are one of those. One CL campaign and we're too big for it?

The problem is the fact we have to play in the group stages. A total sleepwalk, we are too good to be in at that stage. We should get a bye to the last 32.

Players only feel tired when they lose, good results keep you going. We should play strongest team against Forentina (home) ,West Ham and Chelsea. The Europa League format is deeply flawed, far too many games which effected our managers chance of find the right team and the inclusion of the CL drop outs. I'm sure we would have performed better in league if we had not played in it. Liverpool and Man Utd have both done better in league when they didn't have to play so many games.

I don't agree.

Take the World Cup as an example, teams who get far do so by definition by getting good results. Yet players and teams tire.

If your assertion is true, surely the issue isn't participation in the EL, it's just that we're not getting far enough that's the problem.

European hangover effect has been fairly well documented I think. I've never seen it claimed that it's only there if the team failed to get the result in their European game, although to be fair I'm not sure I've seen it directly studied either.

To be fair I think most people agree with you.

It's just that right now most people think we have to prioritize a bit between the first EL knockout round and the LC final.

9 days rest before 4 massive games to come in the space of 11 days. Season defining 4 games. none of them are ones we can afford to throw. So it means we go all out for this game on Thursday and then a real idea can be had on what we do for next week.

And someone said West Ham isn't an important game. GTFO

9 days rest before 4 massive games to come in the space of 11 days. Season defining 4 games. none of them are ones we can afford to throw. So it means we go all out for this game on Thursday and then a real idea can be had on what we do for next week.

And someone said West Ham isn't an important game. GTFO

Spot on!

I don't think we can expect to succeed on all fronts, but I hope we can succeed on some.

We always do brick after a Europa league game even if we have left our best players back at home.

Back