• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Fiorentina 1st leg ***

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
2woaouv.jpg

19 Feb 20:05 - White Hart Lane

So looking forward to this. Think this will be a cracker under the lights of a sold-out WHL.

Lloris - Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose - Mason, Bentaleb - Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen - Kane

Fiorentina seem to be playing some good stuff. Only one defeat in the last 11 in Serie A.
And they score quite a lot of goals too.

3-1 for Spurs; Eriksen, Mason & Kane

BELIEVE :)

nqeedw.jpg

33emvit.gif

It's so good to see an OMT! Can't wait to see us play again. COYS!!!

And thanks for the badgers (are they knocking one off?).

Man I love that 83-84 shirt....just beautiful!

Right well were are going to have to have an unbelievable night because I fear if we cant get a good 2 - 3 goal advantage then we will probably be heading out of this comp...obviously the second leg is a few days before a final against the 'orrible lot' Its going to be very difficult to get through this tie and offer up a decent challenge to the moaning one's mob.

I think we can create a special night this coming Thursday and get a positive result against Fiorentina.

I cant wait for this......I want to watch my team so badly and this weekend is dragging like a mofo!

Would really like to see 90 min from Dembele as an AM...dont know if this has been answered elswhere but he always seems to be the first one subbed...

Same team as vs the goons/pool except Maybe Davies for Rose, Fazio definetly in for Dier...we will need his experience for this.

Just hope G Batistuta is suspended/injured for them.

Will be another superb atmosphere too, the Lane is sold out and you can't beat a big european night under lights

Hoping that there will be a lot of noise for this one. The quality of the opposition indicates that we' entered the serious stage of the competition. So come on White Hart Lane, let's here some noise!!

Don't mind what happens as long as we keep a clean sheet. Fancy us to get an away goal out there so keeping a clean sheet will be crucial to our chances of progressing.

2-0 Eriksen, Soldado

Don't mind what happens as long as we keep a clean sheet. Fancy us to get an away goal out there so keeping a clean sheet will be crucial to our chances of progressing.

2-0 Eriksen, Soldado

I think we need to go 100% in this one and try and get a 2, or ideally 3, goal lead.

I'd be much happier if Kane, Eriksen and Mason didn't have to travel to Italy 3 days before the cup final.

I think we need to go 100% in this one and try and get a 2, or ideally 3, goal lead.

I'd be much happier if Kane, Eriksen and Mason didn't have to travel to Italy 3 days before the cup final.

Agreed but I don't see it being a 3 or 4 goal win with no reply. A cagey 2-0 win would be perfect. They have to come out in the second leg and be very unitalian, we keep it tight and stifle the game for the first 45 and look to nick a goal on the break which would effectively kill the tie.

Anything more than a one goal win would be huge, but also rather unlikely. Fiorentina are a good side and we have struggled against much worse sides this season.

Like people are saying keeping a clean sheet would be very nice so we have to be a bit careful at least. We've looked a bit shaky at the back, hopefully we'll be more solid for this one.

I'm expecting a tough game.

Anything more than a one goal win would be huge, but also rather unlikely. Fiorentina are a good side and we have struggled against much worse sides this season.

Like people are saying keeping a clean sheet would be very nice so we have to be a bit careful at least. We've looked a bit shaky at the back, hopefully we'll be more solid for this one.

Definitely. If we came out of this with a 3+ goal margin then I would be shocked. They are pretty good offensively from the sound of things and we have been a little shaky at times recently. 1-0 would be good, 2-0 would be amazing.

Thing is even if we did go there with a 3 goal margin, who remembers Inter away or Burnley away in the second legs? The tie is never dead with Spurs and we just can't afford to rest players unfortunately. I think the whole squad has to go to Florence (at least Eriksen, Kane and Chadli) and have them on the bench even if we do have a good lead. If we don't go there with a lead then we just have to go all out in the away tie

----------------------Lloris------------------------

Walker-------Fazio------Vertonghen-----Rose

------------Bentaleb-----Mason-----------------

----Lamela--------Dembele--------Eriksen----

---------------------Kane--------------------------

Thing is even if we did go there with a 3 goal margin, who remembers Inter away or Burnley away in the second legs? The tie is never dead with Spurs and we just can't afford to rest players unfortunately. I think the whole squad has to go to Florence (at least Eriksen, Kane and Chadli) and have them on the bench even if we do have a good lead. If we don't go there with a lead then we just have to go all out in the away tie
All this is true until you factor in a cup final 3 days later. With our record of results after euro away days, it's almost like we'd be throwing the final. Not an easy choice either way. I badly want to do well in Europe, but you can't pass up the chance to win a final, even the Mickey Mouse cup. I'll be fine with whatever way Poch chooses to play it.

All this is true until you factor in a cup final 3 days later. With our record of results after euro away days, it's almost like we'd be throwing the final. Not an easy choice either way. I badly want to do well in Europe, but you can't pass up the chance to win a final, even the Mickey Mouse cup. I'll be fine with whatever way Poch chooses to play it.

I think we can rotate ok but the ones we struggle to replace in particular are Eriksen and Kane. I wonder if Poch will stick to Dembele in this attacking role or switch it up for the final and play the same side that put 5 past Chelsea at home. Chadli was a big part of that.

---------------------Vorm-----------------------

Chiriches----Fazio-----Vertonghen-----Davies

------------Stambouli----Paulinho-------------

-----Townsend----Dembele-----Chadli------

---------------------Soldado---------------------

Could play something like this in the second leg I suppose. Might have to play one or two who will play the final, but it's not a terrible side. Poch almost has to just plan this according to what he considers are his priorities. Which is no easy thing considering half of us would argue about what should take precedence over the other. If the final is most important, then pick your team and plan backwards.

Yep. This is no group stage match against some no-name team from deepest darkest Lithuania. Year on year the EL has proved to have a very good standard of opposition in the knock out rounds.

Tough match. If you offered me any type of lead going into second leg, I'd take it.

So with all of this in mind, my view is play the strongest first choice team.

Back