• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - should we even bother ? ***

We saw today why so many teams now adopt a 433 with one from midfield to join the front 3 when needed.

4231 just won’t work unless you have 2 x Bentancur or Dembele and Wanyama.

That one from midfield has to be a player that contributes in both directions. ie. Eriksen or Modric.

Let’s not blame Mason…. He’s clearly far too inexperienced for our manager’s job but clearly a few levels below the real problem at Spurs.
I like Mason, Im tinkled that the Club has put him in deep water and he dont see it and Levy dont see it.. Levy is thinking supporters are fools… just say some flimflam and they will be happy

We saw today why so many teams now adopt a 433 with one from midfield to join the front 3 when needed.

4231 just won’t work unless you have 2 x Bentancur or Dembele and Wanyama.

That one from midfield has to be a player that contributes in both directions. ie. Eriksen or Modric.

Maybe, though a keeper with some agility saves their first two today. 4231 can work if your no 10 drops deep out of possession

See, I think the first half the only threat from Brentford came down our right-hand side.

I thought our midfield looked good. Lots went through Bissouma, and Kane was dropping deep and creating heaps of chances for runners. The second half that just stopped. I'm not sure if that is due to a change in formation for Brentford, or we just eased off, or we changed formation. But it was like a different bloody team.

I think that's why this game has made me so bloody angry, because in the first half I thought we'd turned a corner by going with the 4-2-3-1.
Bissouma was pretty good on the ball but absolutely terrible without it.

Brentford pressed higher and with more intensity in the second half.

This is what happens when you have pathetic recruitment with no future planning….

We've always gone down the cheap/old route with reserve keepers going back ages - Vorm, Cudicini, Forster etc.

Trying to think of the last young back-up keeper we had. Ian Walker when Erik the VIking was first choice?!?!

So promising in the 1st half, then it all turned to brick again in the 2nd half. I really don't understand what the hell is going on now.
This team are masters of dissapointing me. So sad.

We've always gone down the cheap/old route with reserve keepers going back ages - Vorm, Cudicini, Forster etc.

Trying to think of the last young back-up keeper we had. Ian Walker when Erik the VIking was first choice?!?!
We had the two Spanish lads not that long ago. Gazzaniga and the other one I can't remember.

New Manager and a total clear out. The irony is I’d probably only want to keep Kane and he’s the biggest risk in terms of going.

I just can’t see a way he goes this summer. A significant number of the fans are done with ENIC and Levy; if Harry goes this summer those numbers will swell further. The money we would get for him won’t compensate for the decision to sell.

This is what happens when you have pathetic recruitment with no future planning….

I’d love to have confidence that there’s a plan now. Unfortunately, I don’t.

First half of the first half was actually enjoyable. Attacking, moving the ball well, albeit still too many sloppy passes. But we created some good chances which we either should have done better with or were well dealt with by Brentford (Henry in particular). Then for some unknown reason we started to drop off, sit back, which is always bad for us. Then second half was just abysmal.
Whatever happens at Leeds just draw a line, dep breath, don’t despair and hope for enough changes in the summer to give us hope going into the next season.

The people who think we have a good side are delusional. It's been this way for 4 years and yet people still have this crazy hope. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Exactly..we have to start mending the defence first..our timing of how to put in a tackle is poor.. pathetic even...they look scared and as for confidence ..I'm not sure they have any in the first place. You have to believe in your ability as a footballer and that's where obviously confidence comes from. But that's been obvious for such a long time now!
Anyway Coys.....still there's always next season as usual.

Similar to lots of us. It comes from having 4 years of mind numbingly boring football

Its why we need a manager who plays attacking football in and soon!
I cycle big miles, I know not to plan a big ride after a Spurs game as it just takes all the oomph out of me! Roll on summer and just pray we can get an attacking minded manager o_O

Back