• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Forest

So you can claim concussion sub, then say, oh actually it wasn’t concussion, thanks for the two free extra subs?

Sounds open to abuse.
You didn't think before you wrote that, did you?
Well, I guess you can call it's 'open for abuse' if you start with your reserve players....

You didn't think before you wrote that, did you?
Well, I guess you can call it's 'open for abuse' if you start with your reserve players....

it gives you an extra sub window with no penalty, yes the opposition can make one too, but they might not have as much on the bench as you

I thought the whole idea was it could only be used when concerned for a player with potential concussion, and if you used it, they went through protocol

it gives you an extra sub window with no penalty, yes the opposition can make one too, but they might not have as much on the bench as you

I thought the whole idea was it could only be used when concerned for a player with potential concussion, and if you used it, they went through protocol
The protocol is the assessment off the pitch

You say it yourself there! Potential concussion! He got a nasty whack in the head and went straight down like a sack of potatoes, and even got a bad cut in the head. Doesn't get much more potential concussion than that, so of course it'll be a concussion substitution.
And what or who the opposition have on the bench is totally irrelevant!
Oh sorry, but you aren't allowed to make a substitution, because the opposition one have brick players on the bench, so it would be unfair '

Come on man!

Last edited:
You say it yourself there! Potential concussion! He got a nasty whack in the head and went straight down like a sack of potatoes, and even got a bad cut in the head. Doesn't get much more potential concussion than that, so of course it'll be a concussion substitution.

that's what I'm saying, if its a potential concussion, its a concussion sub, and irrespective of whether it's medically concussion or not, he goes through the process of graduated return to play

that's what I'm saying, if its a potential concussion, its a concussion sub, and irrespective of whether it's medically concussion or not, he goes through the process of graduated return to play
They assess and if it turns out he doesn't have a concussion, he's good to go. And if he has, then he can't play until he's OK again, minimum one week. That's it.

They assess and if it turns out he doesn't have a concussion, he's good to go. And if he has, then he can't play until he's OK again, minimum one week. That's it.

agreed, but by their own guidelines that takes a minimum of 4 days, during which they are not allowed to be involved in contact football

I hope so. We need everybody right now. All hands to the pump.
The Udogie suspension will hurt us the most for the next game, really lacking cover at left back now.
I may have missed it but cos I thought the ref was a macaron I'm guessing it was a weak yellow? And again the opposition only begins to get cards with 10min to go despite kicking us to bits. It wasn't funny at beginning of season and less funny now as we are running out of players

The ref had a terrible game, and once again, his failure to address the game early on led to a series of awful decisions (Yeates should've been sent off by HT). But of all the awful decisions today, the failure to give a penalty when Son was wrestled to the ground was the worst. 'Mutual contact' or some such horsebrick; I have not seen a clearer wrestle all season. Michael Olliver in the VAR room failed miserably.

The ref had a terrible game, and once again, his failure to address the game early on led to a series of awful decisions (Yeates should've been sent off by HT). But of all the awful decisions today, the failure to give a penalty when Son was wrestled to the ground was the worst. 'Mutual contact' or some such horsebrick; I have not seen a clearer wrestle all season. Michael Olliver in the VAR room failed miserably.
Mutual holding, I think. Ridiculous decision. It was clear as day to see that Son was held back when he tried to make a run behind the defender. Son wrestled to get free, that's a huge difference.

It's the kind of situations you can forgive the ref for not spotting, but that's why you have VAR, isn't it. For a so called professional referee to review that situation and call it "mutual holding" is baffling.

Back