• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Aston Villa***

Changed my mind..think we will lose..not so sure about the goalkeeping there
Woah now, Mason is the messiah because he got a 1 - 0 win against a Crystal Palace team with nothing to play for. That makes him a better manager than Conte and Mourinho put together, didn't you hear?
hang on..its a bit early yet...and who said hes better than conte and mourinho?
and what about the other games where we got draws.and came back!.should have in one!..with a not so good defence setup!!!!!

Much better 2nd half, probably edged that half even, particularly after Bissouma and Kulu came on? So fudging bad in the first though, can’t play like that and expect to win.

also, how embarrassing is that from all of our team not being able to break a basic offside trap, you learn that in kids football.

Everyone will use what's in the press to suit their own agenda when we don't know the actual facts. All we do know is that Conte lost the plot in the interview, everything else is pure speculation.

We also know it was a mutual termination by the club statement unlike with Nuno & Mourinho whose statements left little doubt they were sacked iirc

Much better 2nd half, probably edged that half even, particularly after Bissouma and Kulu came on? So fudging bad in the first though, can’t play like that and expect to win.

also, how embarrassing is that from all of our team not being able to break a basic offside trap, you learn that in kids football.
Agreed.
Also, SO many of the through balls were either delayed 2 seconds, or straight through to the keeper with no backspin.
Shambolic game.
"We go again". Again. Again.
Emery schooled Mason. We didn't truly push for it until it was too late. Again again again.

Have these guys practised this week? Had a few opportunities to play someone in behind the high line and the delivery has been diabolical.

Surely we know how they play and have prepared accordingly.

For me, this was the key issue. Numerous times after that drought first 30 mins, we had strikers on the shoulder of that high-line needing a brave, quick pass. The confidence has been 'systemised' out of them. The squad needs a passing midfielder. I felt sorry for Sonny today, he broke several times and had to check back because the ball went square some 30 yards behind him. Awful to see that lack of confidence. As for Romero...

Such a shame. Should have made the Richarlson/Kulusevski change at HT

The Kane miss at 1-0 was disappointing, a chance he nails 9 times out of 10. Good have been the turning point

6th is still not dead bearing in mind the remaining fixtures of Villa, Brighton and Spurs. Next week is massive win and it's lose and we could end up 8th

There's time and a place for the truth, that wasn't it.

Exactly, if people want a martyr join a religion, this is football management when going in a press conference and calling your staff crap gets you in bother. How people can't see past their clear bias and be honest about that point is beyond me. You don't survive that outburst regardless how "True" it was. I would also argue there were convenient truths left out of his ranting that placed some of the blame on him.....thats when you respect.

Anyway as someone else has said, its the same anytime we lose now, not like it was much better under Conte anyway so not sure why its even an argument now

Such a shame. Should have made the Richarlson/Kulusevski change at HT

The Kane miss at 1-0 was disappointing, a chance he nails 9 times out of 10. Good have been the turning point

6th is still not dead bearing in mind the remaining fixtures of Villa, Brighton and Spurs. Next week is massive win and it's lose and we could end up 8th

It did seem a given that it'd go in but was it not potentially a great save from Martinez?

The run that Villa are on and that Brighton are 3 games in hand but two points suggests 8th is a real possibility to accompany the typically limp exits from cup competitions.

From any perspective, it's hugely disappointing from the potential of the season given our run at the end of last season and the investment made. It is what it is.

Exactly, if people want a martyr join a religion, this is football management when going in a press conference and calling your staff crap gets you in bother. How people can't see past their clear bias and be honest about that point is beyond me. You don't survive that outburst regardless how "True" it was. I would also argue there were convenient truths left out of his ranting that placed some of the blame on him.....thats when you respect.

Anyway as someone else has said, its the same anytime we lose now, not like it was much better under Conte anyway so not sure why its even an argument now

The outburst could have inspired actual change rather than a further retreating in to the shell. And telling a bunch of useless pricks they're brilliant doesn't make them brilliant, it works both ways.

From the offset I feel like we won't see eye to eye on this one as you declared Mason as having shown Conte up by dropping Dier (now seemingly due to an injury) but I am intrigued to what my clear bias is? Feels like a pretty strong generalization and you have been doing that against anyone who isn't ecstatic about how the season has gone.

Obviously some are more dramatic than others cough Ajax cough but being disappointed with how things have panned out doesn't automatically imply entitlement imo.

It did seem a given that it'd go in but was it not potentially a great save from Martinez?

The run that Villa are on and that Brighton are 3 games in hand but two points suggests 8th is a real possibility to accompany the typically limp exits from cup competitions.

From any perspective, it's hugely disappointing from the potential of the season given our run at the end of last season and the investment made. It is what it is.

It was a decent save too, it's why i was trying not to be sounding too hard on Kane by suggesting it cost us the game, besides the guy has plenty of credit in the bank

I think there a lot of Spurs fans who would be happy with that outcome. I'm not one of them, would really be happy with 6th if we could find a way to win the last 2 and pray for help. But would accept 7th and Conference League Thursday nights, providing we balance the games in the correct way

The outburst could have inspired actual change rather than a further retreating in to the shell. And telling a bunch of useless pricks they're brilliant doesn't make them brilliant, it works both ways.

From the offset I feel like we won't see eye to eye on this one as you declared Mason as having shown Conte up by dropping Dier (now seemingly due to an injury) but I am intrigued to what my clear bias is? Feels like a pretty strong generalization and you have been doing that against anyone who isn't ecstatic about how the season has gone.

Obviously some are more dramatic than others cough Ajax cough but being disappointed with how things have panned out doesn't automatically imply entitlement imo.

Managers do that in private, I would have been all for him doing it in private, I would have expected he already had. Again I would argue that managers that come out and have an outburst to that scale don't stay in jobs. We could argue about that scale but I would then say you should go back and watch it and judge it again if you don't think it was OTT for public viewing. Lets be clear my issue is not with the so called truths, its the level and it being in public.

Well Mason changed formation and Dier was on the bench last week so I will stick with my underlining opinion that changes could be made which we never saw from Conte. Conte played players week in week out regardless of rank form and then slammed those players....At least for better or worse Mason has looked for solutions to problems that this squad faces rather than have a meltdown in public about the issues faced.

Well of course its a generalisation because I won't be drawn into personal rows which are all the more frequent on here, and frankly life is too short. But its does not take a detective to notice those that have made Conte a martyr who then have already made their mind up about how the future is unfolding, have negative pops at Mason, mention negatives about Spurs in multiple threads, even in the general chats where people can't praise another club without a snide dig about Spurs, its literally the same people. Same people who defended someone coming on a week ago and making overly personal digs at people saying who did not agree with the level of negativity, patted him on the back and said "let him have his view"....its hardly a secret

Now I know people will argue that I am the other way, I have no doubt, but I actually go out my way to call the bad bad and the good good, the bad might outweigh the bad, no doubt about that, no argument there, but I won't be someone that says everything is bad and one person is at definitive fault like some do, thats a clear bias.

No doubt in my mind that there are people that are beyond negative on here and the negativity does not always match the reality IMO

Last edited:

I don't think anyone is happy with the way the season has panned out.

He should've had his rant in private to the team and not to the press. The fact he threw everyone under the bus but took zero responsibility was going to create a problem. If he had at least included himself in the criticism he might have got away with it.

Didnt watch today as I had family commitments but didnt miss much

I described Spurs as a shambles and choatic recently and some people on here strongly disagreed.

Still think that those descriptions are appropriate. Levy need to make the two appointments asap and provide some clarity

Back