• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at the bindippers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gutting.

Did enough to win.

I’m a big fan, but question marks over Lloris. At fault for both goals.

Agh. At least a chance to go again on Weds.

You may as well bail out now.

We're £850m balls deep into a new stadium and we're a team that bottles it and never wins anything.

Mmmm....you do the maths.

I've been in it for a long time. Don't know if it's longer than you, but not going to bother checking.

I'll be here. I don't need validation or advice on that from you, or anyone.

Screw you for such a snide unnecessary post that just comes across as malicious laughing at our club at a vulnerable point.

You're right, mate - sorry about that, I went too far. I've deleted it.

The manager is not blameless with the state of the squad.

Not sure I agree but I don’t know the inner workings at the club. But I can’t see Poch turning down players he wanted and I’m sure he wanted to bolster that squad. That, to me, says Levy didn’t back Poch. Either way, the squad is decaying.

If anyone is in any doubt as to why we’ve not put the nail in the coffin I’ve rthe
Cheap tickets as well in Europa.

Poch needs to build a new team.

He’ll do well to build one that plays as well as we did to today, and on our budget.

The one thing that will p!ss him off is the winning mentality thing. He could hardly do any more there today and for whatever reason we haven’t got over the line.

Honestly thought we played well and were the better side off the back of that second half
Hugo had a mare with that goal but we were really playing as good as we have for a while
They were bricking it
Cannot believe their luck

We did play well, and if we lost this game in the middle of a great, consistent run, then fine. brick happens. Mistakes happen. We move on. But this is, what? The 5th game in a row we’ve done something stupid to hand the points? After winning 3 games we barely deserved anything from?

This is more concerning because it is a repeated pattern that shows no signs of stopping.

Hard to do when your chairman won’t give you the money and won’t sell unless he gets top dollar.

Chickens coming home to roost and it’s mostly on Levy for me. The manager has been working miracles.

The manager has done very well.

We will never really know but an awful lot of talk coming out that levy kept saying the was money to spend and also Poch turning his nose up at young English talent despite them being in vogue around Europe now.

What an OG?
Hugo’s mistake I agree higvthe luck was to get the bounce off Toby so much that he couldn’t recover
It’s not just about the own goal, it’s what preceded it. Just another typical performance where we create enough chances to win a game, don’t put them away and go onto lose. That’s nothing to do with luck, it’s proven time and time again in football if you don’t take advantage when you are on top nine times out of ten you will pay. And we did again for the umpteenth time....

Not sure I agree but I don’t know the inner workings at the club. But I can’t see Poch turning down players he wanted and I’m sure he wanted to bolster that squad. That, to me, says Levy didn’t back Poch. Either way, the squad is decaying.

He has full control over the squad and is part of the recruitment team.

The state of the squad is poor.

What an OG?
Hugo’s mistake I agree higvthe luck was to get the bounce off Toby so much that he couldn’t recover

Not dealing with it earlier, Sissoko not taking his chance, Rose not making a simple ball to put Kane in, Alli missing the target unchallenged, Erisken not having the composure to take a touch and make sure he finishes that first half chance.

We did play well, and if we lost this game in the middle of a great, consistent run, then fine. brick happens. Mistakes happen. We move on. But this is, what? The 5th game in a row we’ve done something stupid to hand the points? After winning 3 games we barely deserved anything from?

This is more concerning because it is a repeated pattern that shows no signs of stopping.

Remember how quickly it fell apart with Ramos?

Please just pass it back to Sonny.....

VVD played the percentages well. Commit and risk Son being played in or cut Son off and keep Sissoko on his left.

Sissoko should have done better though. Never have I seen a pro footballer more uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

I think this was bottling to be honest. The last 3 or 4 years, we have played well above our usual station, we’ve had an obviously great meteorology, and the accusations of bottling and Spursiness have been frankly laughable. But this was just pathetic.

The players have switched off in the last few months, big time. I find it hilarious that when Moura fouled Salah almost every single one of them surrounded the ref to make sure the free kick was taken from the right spot. Obviously it’s the right thing to do, but it meant they had clearly had a gonad*ing from Poch about it because they didn’t do it in the Southampton game. They haven’t been concentrating, they’ve forgot what got them to this point in the first place, and as a result every single game now is stupid mistake after stupid mistake. It is bottling. For whatever reason, these players don’t have the stones anymore.

We played really well, but I agree with @DubaiSpur, no one gives a brick whether we scared them. Sissoko has to score that chance. Lloris has to not fudge up. But it’s not just them. In every game there is something. In every game we play reasonably well but the margins go against us. But it isn’t margins. It’s our players losing concentration in the vital moments. Lo and behold we narrowly lose all these games, but it is entirely self inflicted. It’s bottling.

This summer is a big rebuilding job for Poch, because there needs to be a shake up. I’m confident we will do it, and we will enter a new and better phase with a new stadium and a better wage budget. But something has gone in this particular group of players. Complacency, end of their cycle together, whatever it is, it is laughable to look at from the outside, and it needs to change. We are at the end of the road for this group. They can take heart from the fact that for 2 or 3 seasons they could reasonably claim to be the consistently best team in the county. But it’s over.

Have been banging the winning mentality drum for ages. We certainly don’t have it - and I am not sure how we get it. Buy proven winners/ leaders perhaps in key positions? Youth is great but a sprinkling of experience would not go amiss imo.

I've been in it for a long time. Don't know if it's longer than you, but not going to bother checking.

I'll be here. I don't need validation or advice on that from you, or anyone.

You're right, mate - sorry about that, I went too far. I've deleted it.
Thanks. And apologies for my overly hot-headed post.

Back