• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at the bindippers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That makes a change coming from you, you are normally more positive.

Sigh. Again, no one will remember that they were shaken for fifteen minutes. No one. Not a soul.

And if we fall into the Europa League, no one will remember that we were good for half an hour.

People remember winners. And sadly, I keep being reminded that we are not winners - we're football's perpetually unlucky losers. Liverpool, clubs like them - they win things. We don't.

So, honestly, who cares that we only bottled it in the last minute, instead of at the start of the game? It makes no difference to what we are. :(

That’s Spurs all over. Anyone wonder why people call us s p u r s y? Today is the perfect example. We somehow contrive to lose a game we should have won. The number one rule is if you don’t win then at least make sure you don’t lose.

Don’t care what anyone says, we’re bottlers and Lloris is the biggest bottler of the lot. Poch needs to be ruthless and get rid of him in the summer along with Trippier, KWP, Eriksen and Lamela.

There’s still 7 games to go and we’ve got to pick ourselves up for Wednesday night but let’s be honest we’ve gone backwards in the last two seasons and we don’t deserve top 4 based on the performances so far.

EVERYONE OUT!!!!

Lloris f...s up yet again. Gazzaniga has always done well and hasn't been done for drink drive.

Eriksen has been rubbish for months and cant even take a corner. But Poch plays him every game

Harry put straight back in for Burnley game after we had won our last 4 league games. Result - we lose 4 of our last 5 games and only got a draw after a rubbish penalty from the scum.

Poch has got too comfortable with his own little clique of players and that's why he didn't want to buy anyone...

The only plus point for me is that they of we get in the Europa I may have a chance of getting to see the new ground before I die...

I am seriously pi..ed off.

I’ve heard a few people complain about Harry going back in. It’s bollox.

We were riding our luck big time in the games before he came back. He’s scored 3 since he’s been back and the pass today for our goal was outstanding. He’s in the team if fit - no questions asked for me.

That’s Spurs all over. Anyone wonder why people call us s p u r s y? Today is the perfect example. We somehow contrive to lose a game we should have won. The number one rule is if you don’t win then at least make sure you don’t lose.

Don’t care what anyone says, we’re bottlers and Lloris is the biggest bottler of the lot. Poch needs to be ruthless and get rid of him in the summer along with Trippier, KWP, Eriksen and Lamela.

There’s still 7 games to go and we’ve got to pick ourselves up for Wednesday night but let’s be honest we’ve gone backwards in the last two seasons and we don’t deserve top 4 based on the performances so far.

Other than Lamela I agree with you.

Absolutely fuming. I wish. I wish I wish!! I didn't like football. How does Sissoko miss? Why doesn't rose get right on top on Salah? What the hell is lloris doing!! How does he not catch that!!

Every bloody big game the same thing.

Yes, we scared them. When they win the title and we're in the Europa League, I'm sure they'll remember how scared they were for fifteen minutes against us.

Doesn't matter in the end. Much like it doesn't matter what the excuses are for losing nine semi-finals in a row, not signing anyone for 18 months, and so on, and so forth.

What matters is the result. And we have thrown it away, yet again.

It's grimly amusing, in a way. We are in a battle against our nature, which we always lose. Football's hilarious losers, always shooting themselves in the foot, never winning anything.

You could sell the story as a sit-com and make millions. Only Fools and Horses, perhaps. :p
You may as well bail out now.

We're £850m balls deep into a new stadium and we're a team that bottles it and never wins anything.

Mmmm....you do the maths.

Lloris f...s up yet again. Gazzaniga has always done well and hasn't been done for drink drive.

Eriksen has been rubbish for months and cant even take a corner. But Poch plays him every game

Harry put straight back in for Burnley game after we had won our last 4 league games. Result - we lose 4 of our last 5 games and only got a draw after a rubbish penalty from the scum.

Poch has got too comfortable with his own little clique of players and that's why he didn't want to buy anyone...

The only plus point for me is that they of we get in the Europa I may have a chance of getting to see the new ground before I die...

I am seriously pi..ed off.

Cheap tickets as well in Europa.

Poch needs to build a new team.

It boils our p1ss to lose that way. But we did play pretty well today imo, we can take heart from the performance level, which was above most of our recent games. We keep that up, we will do enough to get top 4 and we might even give City a run for their money in the Champions League.

Liverpool got lucky today, their goal-keeper phuck ups didn't cost them, ours did. That was the difference really.

So not taking our chances and making errors is bottling? I thought that was just bad football. Otherwise bottling is the norm for many teams rather than being reserved for Spurs, as seems to be the narrative.
It’s a term bandied about far too much. We lost. Not good.

I think this was bottling to be honest. The last 3 or 4 years, we have played well above our usual station, we’ve had an obviously great mentality, and the accusations of bottling and Spursiness have been frankly laughable. But this was just pathetic.

The players have switched off in the last few months, big time. I find it hilarious that when Moura fouled Salah almost every single one of them surrounded the ref to make sure the free kick was taken from the right spot. Obviously it’s the right thing to do, but it meant they had clearly had a gonad*ing from Poch about it because they didn’t do it in the Southampton game. They haven’t been concentrating, they’ve forgot what got them to this point in the first place, and as a result every single game now is stupid mistake after stupid mistake. It is bottling. For whatever reason, these players don’t have the stones anymore.

We played really well, but I agree with @DubaiSpur, no one gives a brick whether we scared them. Sissoko has to score that chance. Lloris has to not fudge up. But it’s not just them. In every game there is something. In every game we play reasonably well but the margins go against us. But it isn’t margins. It’s our players losing concentration in the vital moments. Lo and behold we narrowly lose all these games, but it is entirely self inflicted. It’s bottling.

This summer is a big rebuilding job for Poch, because there needs to be a shake up. I’m confident we will do it, and we will enter a new and better phase with a new stadium and a better wage budget. But something has gone in this particular group of players. Complacency, end of their cycle together, whatever it is, it is laughable to look at from the outside, and it needs to change. We are at the end of the road for this group. They can take heart from the fact that for 2 or 3 seasons they could reasonably claim to be the consistently best team in the county. But it’s over.

Sigh. Again, no one will remember that they were shaken for fifteen minutes. No one. Not a soul.

And if we fall into the Europa League, no one will remember that we were good for half an hour.

People remember winners. And sadly, I keep being reminded that we are not winners - we're football's perpetually unlucky losers. Liverpool, clubs like them - they win things. We don't.

So, honestly, who cares that we only bottled it in the last minute, instead of at the start of the game? It makes no difference to what we are. :(

Does to me! :cool:

Back