• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Manure vs Mighty Spurs

Got to hand it to Poch. That is probably our strongest side. Rose just offers a little more. Dembele and Moura showed what they can do. Both are quality. Verts and Toby are just more experienced and refined than Sanchez, who will come back stronger. I was wrong about Lloris, glad Poch played him. Serious intentions.

Will be a tough game, but this side is a match for any 11. It's not a settled team yet, that is the one caveat. But once settled, imo there are only a handful of sides in current world football that are as good as this 11. Lets to this.

COYS!!

Very happy with that team. Great chance for Alderweirald and Rose to prove they can perform when it counts.

Is it just me, or their team looks “weak” at the back?

(Also very happy my flight is delayed 3 hours so can watch at the airport)

Slightly off topic but I was looking at leasing a car again but opted to buy, anyway the guy I was speaking to said that the VIP deals were for rich people only like footballers, and that he had one prem footballer who took out a 12 month Merc deal. My question is why do they lease cars when they could buy it in less than a weeks wages??
If money is no option then leasing is a far better way to go. There's no need to arrange servicing or find someone to buy it. Everything is done for you.

Happy with our line-up, go out and attack them from the off. Are they playing a 5-4-1? Weird team selection by them, they have options off the bench I suppose.

A strange lack of width if they are playing a back 4, that's why I'm guessing it's 3 centre-backs. Who knows, we'll find out soon enough. That line-up should make our players feel even braver imo, it's as if Jose is scared.

Over load us in midfield, it worked in the Semi.

If money is no option then leasing is a far better way to go. There's no need to arrange servicing or find someone to buy it. Everything is done for you.
Incorrect; if money is no option you don't need to arrange servicing or a buyer, you just swap it after a year, or swap it after 3 months for a chromed Bentley or a suede Lamborghini with red wheels and neon headrests

I imagine he is set up to wait for our yearly brain fart at OT for a goal

Mourinho may have objected to Diego Torres’s biography of him but the passage describing his methods against the better sides was as true of Saturday’s win as it was of the victory over Liverpool that determined the destination of the title last season:

1. The game is won by the team who commit fewer errors.
2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.
3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.
4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.
5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.
6. Whoever has the ball has fear.
7. Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...inho-the-anti-barcelona-chelsea-pep-guardiola

The home crowd will be moaning about Mourinho not playing the United way at OT,but no doubt will be sucking him off when he pulls off one of his trademark boring 1-0 wins, handed to them on a plate by our yearly OT brainfart.

Would love to see us buck the recent trend there and firstly find the net then complete the job with an away win, but no matter how bad they seem to be playing and how strong our team sometimes is when we visit, The footballing Gods seem to do us over there, well 95% of the time

Looks like they will play 7 in defence, either 4-3 or 5-2 and then try to get Pogba and Lingard up supporting Lukaku

Although I seem to recall Lukaku doesn't need support against Spurs, he just runs onto the ball and slots it home for their 1 shot on target.

It is odd that Poch has selected two players who were 'gone' and 'never going to play for us again'. I guess we play with nine players today...
It is possible that Toby and Rose were both pushing for moves to Man United.... so Poch has told them "Yes, you can play at Old Trafford son... go and show me why you think you are good enough to play at this Theatre of Dreams... boost your value so Man United pay double for you!"

Over load us in midfield, it worked in the Semi.

Possibly, but tonight seems particularly defensive. Looking at the team they played in the Semi-Final, they had Sanchez starting, whereas tonight they have got an extra midfielder with Fred.

I want to see us really attack them tonight.

Llorente is sub on the team news yet on sky he’s not there and there’s Sissoko in his place.

Poch: Fernando we made a mistake and you’re being replaced by Moussa.

Llorente: No worries boss he’s an immense footballer and it’s better to have him here than me for United.

Poch: you know I’m talking about Sissoko right?

Possibly, but tonight seems particularly defensive. Looking at the team they played in the Semi-Final, they had Sanchez starting, whereas tonight they have got an extra midfielder with Fred.

I want to see us really attack them tonight.

I’ve seen the Man U highlights of their first two games and Fred should have been sent off in both. Dirty player, kicks out and goes in late.

Hopefully he’ll see red tonight.

Back