• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT FA Cup Round 3 - Tottenham Hotspur FC v Burnley ***

Might have been the incident in added time where he didn't appear to put a lot of effort in to keeping ball in play from a pass.

Apparently it was that, but also the last corner where their keeper won the header, Sess failed to challenge for the ball after Vic had positioned him in that area.

Bentancur had been managing that position at corners before going off.

I love it, Vic is a legend. Always demanding more.

Job done.

Some good spells, some good performances. But not really impressive overall and lacking a bit of fluidity and precision in key areas. All to be expected at this point with the players missing.

Fantastic strike from Porro. fudging hell.

Apparently it was that, but also the last corner where their keeper won the header, Sess failed to challenge for the ball after Vic had positioned him in that area.

A captain that doesn’t need the armband. He leads just through his presence and his directions to those around him.

Reactions: jrh
No, he did great getting them promoted, then was dropped for James Trafford.
I agree he looked very good in terms of keeping, but very poor with distribution - lots of hospital passes
All true, but that was a great header to set up the chance at end, would have been a brilliant assist for a keeper.

What’s that, Sess weak in the air?

Who’d have thought.

View from the game

- Job done, always was going to be that kind of game where result trumped performance
- Burnley are quite well organized but really didn't threaten until later, first 20 minutes or so, they couldn't get out of their third

Positives
- Back 4 & Bentancur (Vicario is like Kane now, good performance is expected)
- Johnson improving (nice to see him actually go for a couple of shots

Challenges
- Skipp is struggling, really a long way off the pace of rest of team
- Front line just made brick decisions all night, back to that trying to walk it in the net, and Richi was wasteful
- Another fudging injury, self inflicted, looks like that brick pass from PEH did Davies in (as he was trying to recover it)

Last point ..
- Honestly all of you who keep saying the statistical card discrepancy against Spurs is our fault should really go look at last nights game again. Lo Celso got mugged all fudging night, stepped on, kicked, half got no call. The was a foul on one of our midfielders last night where we were breaking, guy was pulling the player back by his arm, no more than 3 meters in front of ref, no call. Bryan fudging Gil goes shoulder to shoulder with a Burnely player? it gets called twice as a foul (as a professional footballer if you can't stand shoulder to shoulder with Gil, you should be ashamed of yourself).. all night if we breathed on Burnely it was a foul ..

View from the game

- Job done, always was going to be that kind of game where result trumped performance
- Burnley are quite well organized but really didn't threaten until later, first 20 minutes or so, they couldn't get out of their third

Positives
- Back 4 & Bentancur (Vicario is like Kane now, good performance is expected)
- Johnson improving (nice to see him actually go for a couple of shots

Challenges
- Skipp is struggling, really a long way off the pace of rest of team
- Front line just made brick decisions all night, back to that trying to walk it in the net, and Richi was wasteful
- Another fudging injury, self inflicted, looks like that brick pass from PEH did Davies in (as he was trying to recover it)

Last point ..
- Honestly all of you who keep saying the statistical card discrepancy against Spurs is our fault should really go look at last nights game again. Lo Celso got mugged all fudging night, stepped on, kicked, half got no call. The was a foul on one of our midfielders last night where we were breaking, guy was pulling the player back by his arm, no more than 3 meters in front of ref, no call. Bryan fudging Gil goes shoulder to shoulder with a Burnely player? it gets called twice as a foul (as a professional footballer if you can't stand shoulder to shoulder with Gil, you should be ashamed of yourself).. all night if we breathed on Burnely it was a foul ..
Very much agreed on both Johnson and Skipp.

Didn't really come off for Johnson, but more ambitious and positive on the ball, taking players on more, shooting. And from both sides. May just be the opposition, but was good to see.

Have to wonder about Skipp. Looks a shadow of the player he was not that long ago. Doesn't fit the system, but just looks worse as well.

Reactions: jrh
Very much agreed on both Johnson and Skipp.

Didn't really come off for Johnson, but more ambitious and positive on the ball, taking players on more, shooting. And from both sides. May just be the opposition, but was good to see.

Have to wonder about Skipp. Looks a shadow of the player he was not that long ago. Doesn't fit the system, but just looks worse as well.

Re Skipp, I think the whole level of squad technique wise is a step up from where it was even a season ago. It's one of the reasons I have a lot of faith in Sarr, if you look ok in comparison to Bentancur next to you, you have some ability.

Ange's system needs quick players (mentally as well), comfortable in possession under pressure, capable of nick the ball type tackles, Skipp just doesn't fit. Also think he needs games to play well.

Can't see him in squad next season, loan and maybe he steps up, if not we probably sell and move on.

Re Skipp, I think the whole level of squad technique wise is a step up from where it was even a season ago. It's one of the reasons I have a lot of faith in Sarr, if you look ok in comparison to Bentancur next to you, you have some ability.

Ange's system needs quick players (mentally as well), comfortable in possession under pressure, capable of nick the ball type tackles, Skipp just doesn't fit. Also think he needs games to play well.

Can't see him in squad next season, loan and maybe he steps up, if not we probably sell and move on.

Skipp's development has stalled in last 2 seasons, that's the problem with being a dogsbody in a team, we don't appear to be able to produce the defensive/playbreaker in this country, easier to buy from abroad.

Skipp's development has stalled in last 2 seasons, that's the problem with being a dogsbody in a team, we don't appear to be able to produce the defensive/playbreaker in this country, easier to buy from abroad.
Not sure how much was down to injury, but maybe a loan season back at Norwich can jumpstart some form?

Sonny can finish
lately he has struggled at some other things but his finishing is generally elite
He’s a good creator as well. Not elite, but he's got half a dozen assists the last few seasons. He’d have a lot more assists this season if Richarlison could finish. We definitely need elite forwards to complement Son. Still early days on Johnson. Not convinced about Richy.

Skipp has never convinced me that he's able to bridge the gap between "emotionally supported due to being Homegrown" status and a true Premier league player.

In a long tradition of Stephen Clemences he's likely to become the latest and will eventually depart to somewhere like Birmingham or Leicester.

I hope he proves me wrong.

He’s a good creator as well. Not elite, but he's got half a dozen assists the last few seasons. He’d have a lot more assists this season if Richarlison could finish. We definitely need elite forwards to complement Son. Still early days on Johnson. Not convinced about Richy.
Clearly we need an elite forward to finish these chances, such as Timo Werner (!!!!)

Back