• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Any ideas on the cheapest place to buy a new PS5
I would rather have the one where you play physical games on it rather than the digital version

Any ideas on the cheapest place to buy a new PS5
I would rather have the one where you play physical games on it rather than the digital version

You're not going to find anywhere that does it significantly cheaper than others, best bet would be finding a decent bundle for an extra controller/few games.

I played TLOUs in reverse bizarrely which gave me a different perspective and I enjoyed it, but playing the first which has a better storyline I can see the second was ultimately too much of a same and over stretched version and I probably would have had the same frustrations us you.

RDR2 I absolutely loved, favourite game of all time, I loved the length of it and its probably why I am not a fan of COD because you can run through them in about 4hrs, I loved the pick up and play element over the course of a longer time. Also loved the south park skit on it haha South Park - Red Dead Redemption reference - YouTube

Absolutely loved Far Cry 6 despite slight repetitiveness, was the last game I have completed

I have a love hate relationship with other franchises like Mafia and Assassins Creed, some real corkers in there but some utter waft too, although not played the London version of AC yet and heard its the best of the lot so might try it

On the third time of trying it I have finally got in to RDR2 (without having played the first one). The game is incredibly cinematic, occasionally you might have a 20 section where you've only been actively playing for like 4 minutes and it's just riding a horse but you're still totally engaged. Looks like lots of fun side quest + gimmicky mini games like poker to get into. I do drive by greetings where I just ride through town being an overly friendly / needy Arthur Morgan which really makes me giggle for some reason as so many folks just tell you to do one.

Assassin's Creed syndicate is a fudging cool one, it's the only one I got through the whole way, rampaging through different quarters of London or doing missions relating to different historical figures of the city is awesome too. Having two options of brawling or stealth keeps it fresh too, definitely worth giving it a go.

As I've probably said on here I'm just trying to move away from arcade type online throwaway games like Fifa / Rocket league, it's been a bit of an addiction / easy way to waste time but I dropped the online subscription this month and have been enjoying a more well rounded gaming experience.

On the third time of trying it I have finally got in to RDR2 (without having played the first one). The game is incredibly cinematic, occasionally you might have a 20 section where you've only been actively playing for like 4 minutes and it's just riding a horse but you're still totally engaged. Looks like lots of fun side quest + gimmicky mini games like poker to get into. I do drive by greetings where I just ride through town being an overly friendly / needy Arthur Morgan which really makes me giggle for some reason as so many folks just tell you to do one.

Assassin's Creed syndicate is a fudging cool one, it's the only one I got through the whole way, rampaging through different quarters of London or doing missions relating to different historical figures of the city is awesome too. Having two options of brawling or stealth keeps it fresh too, definitely worth giving it a go.

As I've probably said on here I'm just trying to move away from arcade type online throwaway games like Fifa / Rocket league, it's been a bit of an addiction / easy way to waste time but I dropped the online subscription this month and have been enjoying a more well rounded gaming experience.

RDR2 has probably the best storyline I have played in gaming, absolutely brilliant. I am shocked its not been made into a series or film ala TLOU

I will give AC a go, the London and Pirate one as I fancy that haha

That game was groundbreaking.

I bought an N64 solely for it and played hours a day for months.

The levels were so well designed there was a huge sense of achievement when you finally beat them on OO.

Still have my N64 and carts including Goldeneye, was an exceptional game when released.
Others I have like Banjo Kazooie, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing are great too although very 'kiddy'.

Not much new or exciting out on PS5 unless I missed it? AC Mirage looks read hot so one for the pipeline but other than that all seems low and slow
Gave up after getting a PS4, just not really into gaming much now.
Having said that I did buy a Switch OLED a month ago mainly to play Pikmin 4 :D

I'm usually not a prude when it comes to violence in films / games but I saw some of the fatalities from one of the recent Mortal Kombat games and they were an incredible level of going to far in terms of gore, fudging grim stuff!
I don't know how many iterations of the game there have been, but I guess it's partly down to having to "one-up" any past versions of the game and make the finishers even more over-the-top. With that said, all my friends had the original MK when I was growing up, and we were probably 8-9 years old... parents just didn't have any control over this brick back then in the mid 90s, and now, I don't think most of them have any idea what their kids are doing. Anyway, I agree with you about this. I get that the "cartoony" aspect of it makes it less dark in some way, but it's just so senseless in the end.

I don't know how many iterations of the game there have been, but I guess it's partly down to having to "one-up" any past versions of the game and make the finishers even more over-the-top. With that said, all my friends had the original MK when I was growing up, and we were probably 8-9 years old... parents just didn't have any control over this brick back then in the mid 90s, and now, I don't think most of them have any idea what their kids are doing. Anyway, I agree with you about this. I get that the "cartoony" aspect of it makes it less dark in some way, but it's just so senseless in the end.

It must be a limited game by todays standard. Quick fights with some cut scenes, but thats about it. Could be scope for some really decent game where almost like an open world where you are a marauding warrior that stumbles on areas where each other fighter is based etc. Otherwise the best of three fighting games hold no grip for me

Very tempted by Elden Ring, I want some fantasy style escapism and a long campaign to sink my teeth in to. Would anyone on here recommended it or anything else in it's place? I can be quite picky with games but I don't mind a challenge, however I haven't played a Dark Souls game before and have heard they can break people.

What is a bit flimflam is that on the online store it's about 50 quid but £35 for the physical copy. It should really be the other way around to encourage you to get the version that doesn't need physical materials as well as a courier having to make a trip etc I know joined up thinking between companies is nigh impossible but from the consumer's perspective as well as something being eco friendly it's a bit crap.

Very tempted by Elden Ring, I want some fantasy style escapism and a long campaign to sink my teeth in to. Would anyone on here recommended it or anything else in it's place? I can be quite picky with games but I don't mind a challenge, however I haven't played a Dark Souls game before and have heard they can break people.

What is a bit flimflam is that on the online store it's about 50 quid but £35 for the physical copy. It should really be the other way around to encourage you to get the version that doesn't need physical materials as well as a courier having to make a trip etc I know joined up thinking between companies is nigh impossible but from the consumer's perspective as well as something being eco friendly it's a bit crap.
Do you have a PS5? you used to be able to get Bloodborn for free, not sure if you can now but that’s one of the Soulslike games that you could give a whirl before taking the plunge.

Not my cup of tea personally but know a few people who love em’ they’re bloody hard is all I know, combat looks good but you have to master it to get through the game.

Ever play any of the Witcher games? The third one is a masterpiece and the campaign is long with two big expansions. The Lore is fairly easy to catch up on if you start with 3 also.

I’ve just finished my second play through of Cyberpunk, different kind of fantasy but absolutely love that game, they eventually made the game they wanted to, just took 3 years after launch.

Do you have a PS5? you used to be able to get Bloodborn for free, not sure if you can now but that’s one of the Soulslike games that you could give a whirl before taking the plunge.

Not my cup of tea personally but know a few people who love em’ they’re bloody hard is all I know, combat looks good but you have to master it to get through the game.

Ever play any of the Witcher games? The third one is a masterpiece and the campaign is long with two big expansions. The Lore is fairly easy to catch up on if you start with 3 also.

I’ve just finished my second play through of Cyberpunk, different kind of fantasy but absolutely love that game, they eventually made the game they wanted to, just took 3 years after launch.

I'm an old school pleb on PS4, it's surprising how long it's lasted but the end is nigh for new releases on the console...

I have tried the Witcher a couple of times (I think it was the third one) and although I love the idea + the lore I just didn't settle in to it, I can't remember if it was any specific game mechanics or possibly the graphics, I can be pretty shallow when it comes to games unless I'm playing something retro or intentionally cartoonish. If there was a new one I'd probably give it a go as I do recall not feeling immersed in the visuals of the old ones and that's a big part of gaming for me.

Haven't seen much of cyberpunk so I'll have a look, cheers for the recommendation.

I"ve still got a working PS3 with an HD full of games.

I reckon PES 2015 was the pinnacle of football games, it's still my active Master League save.

I have a PS5 too, but don't play it as much as I thought I would.

I"ve still got a working PS3 with an HD full of games.

I reckon PES 2015 was the pinnacle of football games, it's still my active Master League save.

I have a PS5 too, but don't play it as much as I thought I would.
I still get my XB360 out and play on that often, sometimes when they "remaster" a game I already have on that I just go and play that version, that generation of consoles really was great.

I think the PS2 era of PES games can't be beat personally, can't imagine how many hours I put into those games.

I'm an old school pleb on PS4, it's surprising how long it's lasted but the end is nigh for new releases on the console...

I have tried the Witcher a couple of times (I think it was the third one) and although I love the idea + the lore I just didn't settle in to it, I can't remember if it was any specific game mechanics or possibly the graphics, I can be pretty shallow when it comes to games unless I'm playing something retro or intentionally cartoonish. If there was a new one I'd probably give it a go as I do recall not feeling immersed in the visuals of the old ones and that's a big part of gaming for me.

Haven't seen much of cyberpunk so I'll have a look, cheers for the recommendation.

No worries, Elden Ring is probably worth a play if you fancy it and don't mind a bit of a slog with the steep difficulty curve with combat.

I'll probably be banging on about Cyberpunk for years but in two playthroughs I've put about 240 hours in, they recently did a big update for the expansion which re-tooled a lot of the RPG elements, it was fun beforehand but this has done wonders.

Dunno if you've played Fallout 4 but that's another long RPG fantasy'ish game, can get that pretty cheap now I'd imagine, it's a bit daft but I had a lot of fun with it.

Cyberpunk is really on my list. The new detective/writer game which is a follow up has been released to rave reviews Alan Wake, anyone played the original or even the new one? I really fancy it. Silent Hill 2 is also coming soon I hear, will be worth a gander I imagine.

I liked the idea of Cross and Bones because of the pirate version of AC but there is no person to person combat apparently so will swerve it if its just about boat craft

Cyberpunk is really on my list. The new detective/writer game which is a follow up has been released to rave reviews Alan Wake, anyone played the original or even the new one? I really fancy it. Silent Hill 2 is also coming soon I hear, will be worth a gander I imagine.

I liked the idea of Cross and Bones because of the pirate version of AC but there is no person to person combat apparently so will swerve it if its just about boat craft
I've played and have actually been playing the original Alan Wake, that was quite hyped at the time but the finished product was nothing like the original scope, that went through a lot of development hell. The new one looks great, I do love Remedy Games, Max Payne is one of my all time favourite games.

Back