• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

No way! 2 completely different games. Rage is more compared to an open world Doom for me... Its FPS mechanics were great (what youd expect from id tho) but the plot was too vague and didnt really immerse you enough plus it was too short. Felt just as i was getting into it it was over.

Borderlands tho just felt too repetative... Didnt like the cel shaded graphics either. Its main selling point/gimmick was the huge amount of randomly generated weapons but this wasnt enought to keep me interested. Yes its a good game but other games diverted my attention and its ended up on a pile of "games i'll finish... One day"

The similarities are the post apocolyptic setting (plenty of games with that tho) and its an FPS. Borderlands has more of an RPG element to it tho.

You must be one of the few people who thought Rage was better than Borderlands :). Borderlands was excellent, can't wait for Borderlands 2

You must be one of the few people who thought Rage was better than Borderlands :). Borderlands was excellent, can't wait for Borderlands 2

Wasnt saying it was better... Was trying to say they were 2 different games. I personally prefered Rage coz its more my kind of game than Borderlands but doesnt mean to say ones better than the other. I couldnt put Rage down till i finished it whereas Borderlands got neglected rather quickly... May have just been down to the other games out at the time tho that may have distracted my attention so that may not be a fair judgement with that in mind

Wasnt saying it was better... Was trying to say they were 2 different games. I personally prefered Rage coz its more my kind of game than Borderlands but doesnt mean to say ones better than the other. I couldnt put Rage down till i finished it whereas Borderlands got neglected rather quickly... May have just been down to the other games out at the time tho that may have distracted my attention so that may not be a fair judgement with that in mind

Fair dues. Did you play Borderlands in co-op or single player? It really is a game meant to be played in co-op made it so much more fun

Fair dues. Did you play Borderlands in co-op or single player? It really is a game meant to be played in co-op made it so much more fun

Yeah ive heard this, which if its the case then again maybe im not being too fair

In other news... COD: Black Ops 2 trailer anyone??
Looks like they've gone all futuristic for this

[video=youtube;x3tedlWs1XY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY[/video]

Last edited:
It's going to be nothing like WoW mate, still classic top down rpg. Was on battle.net yesterday and the cheeky buggers have it up at ?ú45! I've got it for ?ú20 less!

Selling for around 35 Pounds equivalent down here - normal retail price - but cheaper than SC surprisingly

Yeah, it's about ?ú35 on all the online stores over here, don't really understand why they're trying to fleece people for the extra tenner? Anywho, I am VERY excited about this.

Yeah ive heard this, which if its the case then again maybe im not being too fair

In other news... COD: Black Ops 2 trailer anyone??
Looks like they've gone all futuristic for this

[video=youtube;x3tedlWs1XY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY[/video]

They really need to turn the franchise on its head or start from scratch.

Every game has been the same with a different set of textures and new kill streaks. The longer its gone on the more cramped and less tactical its got aswell. You never get a corridor or more than few metres to shoot down and theres always very linear routes around maps so you just get shot in the back constantly

They really need to turn the franchise on its head or start from scratch.

Every game has been the same with a different set of textures and new kill streaks. The longer its gone on the more cramped and less tactical its got aswell. You never get a corridor or more than few metres to shoot down and theres always very linear routes around maps so you just get shot in the back constantly

Yeah the games feel more like a fan made mod than a sequal. Or DLC... I agree they need a whole new game graphics/physics engine revamp. The money they got they can make the best surely? Battlefield 3 did it and its a world away from BF2 and really feels like a sequal. COD need to not release a yearly update, go away for a couple years and just reinvent the wheel ready for the next gen consoles

It's going to be nothing like WoW mate, still classic top down rpg. Was on battle.net yesterday and the cheeky buggers have it up at ?ú45! I've got it for ?ú20 less!

I was tempted to pick up the WoW annual pass to get D3 free, but I'm not sure if I'll A) still be playing WoW in 6 months and B) really want to play D3

Looks just boring really, nothing new here but no doubt it will be lapped up by the million.

I didnt even make it to first prestige on black ops or MW3 as I got bored after 10-15 hours of multiplayer, never even bothered with the single player. Storyline is just too short nowadays.

Looks just boring really, nothing new here but no doubt it will be lapped up by the million.

I didnt even make it to first prestige on black ops or MW3 as I got bored after 10-15 hours of multiplayer, never even bothered with the single player. Storyline is just too short nowadays.

I've seen more believable plot-lines in some of the afterhours specials I watch. The campaigns are throwaway elements since multiplayer is the now the main draw (including BF3).
For the past few CoD games, I've turned my back because the fifth iteration of the same exact formula with the same exact visuals simply does not appeal to me. Even my younger cousins were saying they got bored of the last one pretty quickly, so who knows, maybe Activision won't break sales numbers again this time. However, I think I've convinced them to go with BF3 since they will have to actually use teamwork.

Enough about CoD 10. Diablo III is occupying my mind right now. Sure, it's not launching with PvP, but most people are going to be so busy with the actual story experience anyway. I will be interested in PvP eventually, but I'm guessing it would help to level and outfit your character anyway.

The co-op was very easy to setup since I can see all the friends I have online and whether they're in a game. I can drop-in at any point with one of my characters and join them in their quests. All the loot that drops is player-specific so it won't be like players will be rolling on items or scrambling to pick up all the gold that drops from mobs.

The combat itself got a little repetitive, but I should probably blame the normal difficulty level for that. However, I also think that playing with a friend should make combat more interesting because the skills between all the classes seem varied enough such that everyone will have something different to offer. I've only tried the demon hunter and the wizard, both of which are essentially ranged classes. Although they both essentially are meant to put a hurt on baddies from afar, they have slightly different approaches in addition to some special skills that make them unique.
Let the barbarian with a heavy shield tank a bunch of mobs while I rain a hail of arrows onto them.

Some of the weapons have class restrictions, but the armor does not meaning any armor you can pick up is wearable. In my short playthrough, I was constantly changing my gear out and discarding the old since I always was able to find something a little bit better around the corner. I could also craft items if I wasn't able to find or buy any from vendors.

I'm still tinkled I didn't get a beta invite. I've spent enough with Blizzard over the years!

Back