• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Just started playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 as its been on my Steam account for months but never gave it a look in.
Decent game, as good as the first. Usual mechanic of racing for money and using money to buy new cars to compete in more races (like GT5) plus other tasks like driving an expensive sports car from A - B without damaging it (no timelimit makes it sound too easy but trust me it aint) but the main feature of this game is you also have the huge island of Ibiza to freeroam at your leisure.

My main gripe with this game is how gringworthy and cheesy it is. Spoils a decent racing game for me.

Just bought Alan Wake in the Steam sale for ?ú11... Anyone played this yet? Heard it was decent so went out and bought it without trying it first (at that price why not).

And lastly, been playing the Sniper Elite V2 demo alot lately. Really enhoying it, mainly coz of the hugely satisfying slo-mo shots when you get a head shot... Plus you get a gruesome x-ray of the bullet travelling through the poor nazis skull ;)
Well worth a try for any shooter/FPS fans out there... Its kinda like a Gears of War 3rd person game that obviously goes into 1st person when you look through the scope to take your shot. Great game

Last edited:
Haha, who remembers Carmageddon? Insane racing game where you scored points for creatively mowing down pedestrians. They're relaunching it and funding it through Kickstarter.com

http://www.carmageddon.com/home

images.php

Just started playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 as its been on my Steam account for months but never gave it a
Just bought Alan Wake in the Steam sale for ?ú11... Anyone played this yet? Heard it was decent so went out and bought it without trying it first (at that price why not).

I liked Alan Wake, cool concept but didn't live up to its big hype at the time.

Lol, is this some crap Mac thing?! Got mine delivered this morning :) no chance yet, going to sneek in an hour before playing footy tonight.

I need a newer verson of my OS basically

Can install it easily on my Windows partition but would have to re-boot every time - not ideal.

Going to be a long day!

Wookie - we must link up on battle.net so I can thrash you proper! :D

Went in the Charity Shop yesterday and picked up Medal Of Honor Allied Assault + Addon Packs for ?ú3. I know it's 10 years old now but what you think, decent?

I'm a very casual gamer and my computer isn't powerful enough to play anything recent.

Been playing Hidden and Dangerous lately. Simple but addictive squad based game. Really playable even though it's on the wrong side of 10 years old too, and you can download it for FREE!

I still have a full workday in front of me before I can play. :(
All I know is that tomorrow morning is going to be rough. My tag is:
Hamboogoo#1746

Re: Diablo III Don't want to commit to a full purchase unless I know my computer can run it. Apparently you get a guess past with retail copies that gives you a code so you can play a demo version.

If anyone has a spare one they don't need it would be gratefully received.

Re: Diablo III Don't want to commit to a full purchase unless I know my computer can run it. Apparently you get a guess past with retail copies that gives you a code so you can play a demo version.

If anyone has a spare one they don't need it would be gratefully received.

Ooh if this is true then count me in on this request too. Im likely to buy Diablo 3 and my computer will run it no probs... But would appreciate a demo first if one was available?

H&D2 is easily a top 3 all time for me, brilliant game, I still hope they'll make a 3rd.

I never got into it as much as I did the original. I think at the time my computer could barely run it, so the experience wasn't great. I'll see if I can find my copy though.

Did you ever play Mafia? same guys made it and uses the same engine as H&D2. I really enjoyed it.

Did you ever play Mafia? same guys made it and uses the same engine as H&D2. I really enjoyed it.
Yep, that's top 3 too :D

I'm normally one to play a game through once and never again, but those 2 I've played through numerous times, both brilliant.

Not tried Mafia 2, keep meaning to but reviews suggested it didn't live up to its predecessor.

I never got into it as much as I did the original. I think at the time my computer could barely run it, so the experience wasn't great. I'll see if I can find my copy though.

I played the first Hidden and Dangerous to death but never played the 2nd... May have to check it out.

One of my all time favourites was Outcast on the PC! This game was way ahead of its time and largely went under the radar but its still one of my favourites to this day. Was gutted when i heard they cancelled the sequal

Also really enjoyed Mafia 2! Great game altho not played the DLC yet

Last edited:
Back