• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Thats why the traditional way of showing tv will die. The future is simultaneous broadcasting across all mediums. I don't have a tv but would be more than happy to pay for individual shows.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

Simultaneous broadcasting will be odd. I agree it is the way forwards, but if it's shown at 8pm in the USA, it'll be shown at like Noon in the UK (if my time differences are correct).

Anybody seen that Sky Sports is now doing PPV, at a £9.99 a day I cant see their being much take up, stupid pricing that

Again, what's the point when anyone with half a brain knows you can stream anything you want for free online? Knowing this Sky should offer it at a miminal price, at least then you would have people saying they would prefer to use Sky because of the quality and reliability.

Last edited:
Simultaneous broadcasting will be odd. I agree it is the way forwards, but if it's shown at 8pm in the USA, it'll be shown at like Noon in the UK (if my time differences are correct).

There will always be a crowd that will try and view as fast as possible, but to have it available to stream from the moment its shown in the lead market must be a move in the right direction..

Anybody seen that Sky Sports is now doing PPV, at a £9.99 a day I cant see their being much take up, stupid pricing that

Yeah I saw that thought it was per week at first as wasnt paying attention. They must be testing the market though as you say cant see much take up on that price

Again, what's the point when anyone with half a brain knows you can stream anything you want for free online? Knowing this Sky should offer it at a miminal price, at least then you would have people saying they would prefer to use Sky because of the quality and reliability.

They obviously make enough money with their current subscription model so why would they change it?

Internet TV is the future, where you can watch what you want when you want and not have to wait for anything to be broadcast

No real point releasing DVDs at all anymore. Not when you can stream instantly or download the file in 5 mins, like 1 million people already have.
I'm surprised HMV lasted as long as it did to be honest, especially when box sets that you can download for free were priced around 40-50 quid for some decent shows!

I'd still rather watch blu rays than watch something on a smaller screen on a laptop. Just isn't the same quality.

I thought season 3 of The Walking Dead was great! The finale suprised me a bit, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I don't think there has ever been a season/series finale that has ever pleased everybody so not surprised to see some people disappointed.

I'd still rather watch blu rays than watch something on a smaller screen on a laptop. Just isn't the same quality.

I'd rather just watch it on the tv.

The technology is there.

I've never bought into the blue ray thing myself. Just can't see enough of a difference between them and DVDs..

Last edited:
I already have the correct prescription thanks. Don't see that much difference with HD either.

Not enough of a difference for the difference in cost.

Ridiculous comments. The difference is quite blatantly obvious.

Sometimes I think you just post things to get a rise out of people.

Ironically the thing I notice most with hd is football/sports. I find it really difficult to watch a game in standard def now. It's so damn blurry in comparison!

Ridiculous comments. The difference is quite blatantly obvious.

Sometimes I think you just post things to get a rise out of people.

No i seriously can't tell the difference. Get me two TV screens one next to each other and i'll be clueless.

I understand i'm in the minority on this though.

No real point releasing DVDs at all anymore. Not when you can stream instantly or download the file in 5 mins, like 1 million people already have.
I'm surprised HMV lasted as long as it did to be honest, especially when box sets that you can download for free were priced around 40-50 quid for some decent shows!

When I really like a show that I plan on reviewing (like Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood) then I like to have something tangible like a shiny box-set on my shelf rather than just some bits of data on a hard drive. Guess I'm a bit old fashioned as I also prefer vinyl and CDs to MP3s.

Agreed, I just don't get the same level of enjoyment watching a show on my laptop with its puny little speakers as I do watching the Blu-Ray on my plasma TV with the Dolby Digital surround sound system blaring.

Considering a lot of HBO and ShowTime series are filmed on 35mm it would be cool to one day see them on an actual cinema screen, heck I'd happily pay to watch Game Of Thrones at the IMAX if they did some all-nighters like they have in the past with the Lord Of The Rings movies.

Back