• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Apparently there could be a Saul Goodman spin-off from Breaking Bad!

From Deadline:

As AMC‘s Breaking Bad is heading into its final eight-episode run this summer, the network and series producer Sony TV are exploring keeping the franchise alive with a spinoff series centered on one of Breaking Bad‘s most recognizable supporting characters, Bob Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. There are no deals in place yet as the project is in its nascent stages, but I hear it is being conceived by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and series writer-producer Peter Gould, who created the Saul character together for a Season 2 episode written by Gould. In the episode, titled “Better Call Saul“, Walt (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse (Aaron Paul) hire the flamboyant Goodman after Badger (Matt L. Jones) is caught by the DEA. Goodman, who has been a regular presence on the show since, is a sleazy but highly competent criminal lawyer with a penchant for over-the-top TV commercials in which he uses his signature tagline “Better Call Saul!” Saul has served as Breaking Bad‘s comic relief, which is not surprising given Odenkirk’s strong comedy background. As a result, I hear the potential spinoff is eyed as a comedy, which could be one-hour, but a half-hour format also is being explored

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

I love Saul as much as the next guy, but would a spinoff work? Would it even be the same genre? Somehow I could see it becoming a comedy if Saul was the lead character.

Those of you that said season 7 of Dexter was a return to from were spot on. Cracking episode last night. Just wow.

Talking of Dexter , Julie Benz is in some new show called Defiance on SyFy tomorrow. Be one of the few shows that airs at virtually the same time as the US. 24hrs later.

Watched Da Vinci Demons just now (had it sky plussed) - I imagine it will (hopefully) get better but the pilot was ok.

Dexter fans - just started it - how does season one compare to the rest of the show?

The first 4 seasons all are excellent. Season 5 is good too, the only bad season was 6.

Season 4 is easily the best, I am confident you will agree and we will finally have something in common.

Season 8 (final season) airs in the states in June.

The first 4 seasons all are excellent. Season 5 is good too, the only bad season was 6.

Season 4 is easily the best, I am confident you will agree and we will finally have something in common.

Ive watched 3 seasons and thought 1 was the best, another 4 to go

hmm not been impressed with season 1 so far so i guess that isn't a good sign for things to come for me then :lol:

Season 2 was clearly the best. I thought it went downhill from there and has never quite recovered. They should have done the seasons in a different order though.

Back