• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Just seen a few trailers on SyFy, is it as good as it looked?? Re-run is Sunday so might have to change plans.

Was a good opening episode. I'm hopeful it's not a two parter and they are going to stick with the two hours. It is far too expansive for just a one hour slot.

Have any of you lot seen a series called oz? Came out in 96. Someone at work lent me the DVD up to series 5 now and it's just brilliant. Quite a few of the characters who went on to star in the wire and sopranos.

Have any of you lot seen a series called oz? Came out in 96. Someone at work lent me the DVD up to series 5 now and it's just brilliant. Quite a few of the characters who went on to star in the wire and sopranos.

Amazing show.

Brutal as well.

The link with The Wire/Homicide: Life on The Street/Treme is that they were all done by David Simon who uses a lot of the same actors.

Futurama will start a new 13 episode season in June, but Comedy Central have announced they won't pick it up for further seasons.

Amazing show.

Brutal as well.

The link with The Wire/Homicide: Life on The Street/Treme is that they were all done by David Simon who uses a lot of the same actors.

Is that the one set in a jail?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

Amazing show.

Brutal as well.

Ah yes. Have a couple of books of his that have yet to read as well - The corner and life on the streets(homicide) too.

Think OZ is by far the most brutal of all the shows and very graphic. Like the way how new characters are constantly introduced and given depth - the narration helps, though was slightly annoying when you first watch. Adebisi is a legend though!

It's amazing how many of the actors from Oz I noticed in other shows over the years.. It's one of them things where you can never remember where you saw them before and it's often from Oz.. Was a good show. I can remember staying up far too late on a school night to watch it.

Oz was a good show, but it's major impact was that it was the first HBO hour-long series to be aired. Up until that point, HBO was only showing sports and movies.

Got tired with all the butt-banditry around S.4 though.

Ah yes. Have a couple of books of his that have yet to read as well - The corner and life on the streets(homicide) too.

Think OZ is by far the most brutal of all the shows and very graphic. Like the way how new characters are constantly introduced and given depth - the narration helps, though was slightly annoying when you first watch. Adebisi is a legend though!

I just loved it in Oz when there was buzz in the prison over some infamous crim coming in to strengthen one of the factions. Inevitable it would be a great actor. I particularly like the Latino guy who is in Traffic when he came in. The best series for me was when the corrupt warden took over the jail. There were like 20 one hour episodes in that series but the quality didn't drop!

It's amazing how many of the actors from Oz I noticed in other shows over the years.. It's one of them things where you can never remember where you saw them before and it's often from Oz.. Was a good show. I can remember staying up far too late on a school night to watch it.

Bodie, can't remember if that was his name in the Wire or Oz, did not age from one series to the next. Could still play a near teenager in the Wire convincingly despite doing it a decade before.

I know I'm incredibly late to this party, but the better half and I have just started getting into Breaking Bad. Into the latter stages of the third series now. Absolutely class!

Have we got any scientists on this board 8-[

Back