• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Mad Men over-rated? Not a chance. It's superb.

It's very slick and well made. But I honestly don't care for any of the characters. I'm sure when it first started, people were impressed by the historical accuracy of it and the fact that every character smokes all the time makes it authentic, but that novelty must wear off eventually.

January Jones and Christina Hendricks are lovely to look at though!

Last edited:
It's very slick and well made. But I honestly don't care for any of the characters. I'm sure when it first started, people were impressed by the historical accuracy of it and the fact that every character smokes all the time makes it authentic, but that novelty must wear off eventually.

January Jones and Christina Hendricks are lovely to look at though!

It seems to me many people see high production value as what makes a quality programme.

Havent seen Mad Men so cant comment there, but take the film Drive as an example.

I genuinely thought it was crap. It finished and I thought "What a waste of my time".

Yet there are countless out there willing to tell you its amazing. Style over substance IMO, yet plenty suck it up...

I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad too! Only discovered it this summer and I watched all the seasons in 3 days! But now that they don't have a boss/worst enemy, it doesn't seem as exciting as the previous seasons now hmm

I don't get Hunderby, I think they forgot the funny. Struggled to stay awake watching it. A touch of cloth, however, was a touch of class

I recommend Strike Back on Sky1.
3 rd series has just started but definatly download the previous 2 if you havent seen it

Back