• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Happy is not out yet is it? I cant work out how they are making it a series, the book is about 100 pages and takes place over a single night...
its brilliant - 6 episodes in, but I watch US TV so don't know when its out here.

Never read the book but still intrigued and want to see where its going, really violent and fairly silly.

its brilliant - 6 episodes in, but I watch US TV so don't know when its out here.

Never read the book but still intrigued and want to see where its going, really violent and fairly silly.

Sounds about right!

Im in the UK, not sure its out here yet - thought it was on Amazon but could be mistaken.

Reading the book I think it could make a good TV Movie, still not sure about a whole season. Though having read Preacher, its clear with the show they can take some real liberties with creative licence...

It was on the history channel?
Which I watch (it just didn't snag me) think I watched a half episode but it did not appeal...

We are terribly fickle us homosapiens
It’s jointly produced by the History Channel and Amazon Studios, in the UK it’s shown on Prime a couple of months before TV...

https://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/vikings/
https://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/vikings/
Must admit I’m a season behind on Vikings though, it’s good but not “must see” imho so I’ll probably will pick it up again at some point.

Not really kept up to date with this thread, but is anyone watching the End of the fudging World?

Two episodes in and I'm liking it a lot.

Sounds about right!

Im in the UK, not sure its out here yet - thought it was on Amazon but could be mistaken.

Reading the book I think it could make a good TV Movie, still not sure about a whole season. Though having read Preacher, its clear with the show they can take some real liberties with creative licence...

Yeah Ennis is an exec producer and they run a fair bit past him going by some podcast interviews I've heard him do about it, he always maintains his version wouldn't make for good TV so I guess he's happy for them to make changes.

Yeah Ennis is an exec producer and they run a fair bit past him going by some podcast interviews I've heard him do about it, he always maintains his version wouldn't make for good TV so I guess he's happy for them to make changes.
Preacher has great episodes (first one in S2 was amazing) however they have a hell of a lot of filler in between, I continue to watch for the good ones, like the characters and a few of the plot points, but the story drags a fair bit.

With the first season, I got it. It was a total liberty, in that it was ALL "creative license" but by the same token I got why they did it and I felt it served the story well.

Second season I thought they were going to get back to the books narrative, but they just didnt and it was ultimately a bit disappointing for me.

Herr Star was amazing though!

The Herr Starr stuff is perfect and I agree on the second season, it was advertised as "the start of the road trip" but didn't progress beyond NO which got a bit boring towards the end.

I do like the show, creative liberties and dragging elements aside I do think they are doing it well, the characters (minus Tulip imo) are written with the comic book characters in mind and at times they do honour the books well - the Messiah comes to mind.

Back