• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Legion is good.
Soundtrack good .Closing credits in show 2 was Thomas Dolby/ Hyperactive. A guilty pleasure from my youth.

finally got to the end of Fortitude season 2... thought it got a bit too "out there" for awhile, and wasn't entirely satisfied about the series ending. preferred the first season overall, I think. still pretty good though.
Not sure what is next...

Anyone see the doc on the clinical tests that went wrong and nearly killed those blokes?

What's it called?

On the subject of documentaries, anyone who is interested in a wide range of high quality ones should subscribe to '52 docs' on facebook or instagram. My mate (who is a documentary filmmaker himself) started it and every week for a year will post a link to a film with the option to discuss your views in the forum. It's free to subscribe and all the films so far have had links to sites where you can watch it easily online without having to sign up.

My favourties so far have been;

Winter on Fire
Chasing Ice
Sharkwater

Currently watching SS GB and have been pleasantly surprised, as it's highly atmospheric and full of intrigue. Worth a look.

yep, its pretty good, mostly faithful to the book thus far

I was a bit concerned after ep1 that it was a bit chintzy and bright but they scaled that back

Legion is very good - darker and quirkier than I would have expected. I liken it to Utopia in feel (not plot etc.).

Other TV that Is better than it should be.

Black sails - started pirates with tits replaced sparticus. Turns into a very good series

Into the badlands - dystopian ninjas, worth watching for best fighting sequences ever, movie quality imho

Anybody watched Snatch the TV show

This drama, starring Rupert Grint, is loosely based on the popular movie of the same name -- and is inspired by a real-life heist in London. When a group of hustlers in their 20s discover stolen gold bullion, they are thrust into the high-stakes world of organized crime. The hustlers must work fast to navigate the dangerous waters of London's underworld, which proves to be full of rogue cops, local villains, international mobsters and more. Grint plays the role of the utterly posh Charlie Cavendish, and also serves as an executive producer

Anybody watched Snatch the TV show

This drama, starring Rupert Grint, is loosely based on the popular movie of the same name -- and is inspired by a real-life heist in London. When a group of hustlers in their 20s discover stolen gold bullion, they are thrust into the high-stakes world of organized crime. The hustlers must work fast to navigate the dangerous waters of London's underworld, which proves to be full of rogue cops, local villains, international mobsters and more. Grint plays the role of the utterly posh Charlie Cavendish, and also serves as an executive producer

Is it any good? The movie's one of my all-time favorites (even if I liked Lock, Stock a bit more), so I might give the show a go if it turns out to be up to scratch.

Black sails - started pirates with tits replaced sparticus. Turns into a very good series

Watched the first couple of episodes of Series 1 of this and thought it was so shockingly bad, I gave up on it. Which was a shame, because, y'know. Pirates. How long does it take to turn into a good series? Couldn't see past the terrible acting...

Back