• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

Been away for a bit but been reading this forum on my phone when I can, must say I've been shocked at the level of criticism Siggy has been getting. I can only assume it's because he isn't as 'flairy' as VDV and people expect something different from him. But he's been singled out for more criticism than most when by all accounts the whole team has been pretty poor.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away - a decent performance in a good team performance. WBA at home, came on as sub and looked no worse than anyone else in the team when we started to give WBA the initiative. Norwich at home - the whole team was utter brick. Reading away - this is a game where you could see what he was trying to do but a lot of the times it wasn't coming off. He's like Carrick in his stance, how he doesn't like to go to ground, to keep possession, to play the right pass. And even in this game he played an absolutely perfectly weighted pass through to Lennon. And QPR at home, once again, the whole team was crap in the first half, and he got subbed because he was less versatile than Dempsey, and we wanted to switch to 4-4-2.

He's been taking up good positions in the games that we've performed badly in, but I think he is actually more used to playing in the way AVB wants than most of the team are, so they aren't finding him. I also suspect part of the problem with the team, and therefore Siggy's performances in general, is that he's bought to play in a possession game which he proved he could do at Swansea, but AVB hasn't quite taken us there yet. He seems intent on having us a lot deeper than his 'high line' past would suggest, I assume to give space for Bale, Lennon and Defoe to break into. But so far it has just invited teams on to us and we haven't played with the initiative. Things do still need to click with the tactics.

BOL, I usually agree with you, but have to disagree with you re Gylfi

In my opinion, compared to Lloris, Dembele, Caulker, Vert, Dempsey (all our other "new players") he decidedly looks shakey. Haven't seen anything that says he can/will hold a starting spot.

Not saying he can't improve, but at the moment, can see why he has come in for some stick. Like all Spurs players, I hope he turns it around, but right now he appears the weak link.

i said the same when it happed. A blessing in disguise so to speak.

:lol:

Bale is the only player to actually create anything special in the team. 30 minutes and two goals without him vs Fulham wont change that.

We wouldnt have half the points we have without him.

So many players never hit their true form for a new club until their second season. Why some people persist with writing players off after a few games then seem surprised when they end up being decent signings I'll never know but it happens time and time again....

Bale is the only player to actually create anything special in the team. 30 minutes and two goals without him vs Fulham wont change that.

and without RVP, Man Utd would be 15th. Yet you take RVP our of Uniteds team and they will STILL WIN GAMES.

Bale isn't as special as most make out for GHod sake lol

and without RVP, Man Utd would be 15th. Yet you take RVP our of Uniteds team and they will STILL WIN GAMES.

Bale isn't as special as most make out for GHod sake lol

Well, I think most dont know how special he is to us. Take him away from the team and the rest is very very average.

United have won titles for years without Van Persie so I cant see your point.

Take him away and they have players like Rooney, Young, Valencia, Hernandez, Welbeck, Nani... And thats just attacking players

Take away Bale and we're left with nearly nothing. Yes defoe is on fire at the moment, and thats good but it wont be like that all the time.

We won at Old Trafford and he created all goals, we beat liverpool and he created all goals skipping past their all team.

Well, I think most dont know how special he is to us. Take him away from the team and the rest is very very average.

United have won titles for years without Van Persie so I cant see your point.

Take him away and they have players like Rooney, Young, Valencia, Hernandez, Welbeck, Nani... And thats just attacking players

Take away Bale and we're left with nearly nothing. Yes defoe is on fire at the moment, and thats good but it wont be like that all the time.

We won at Old Trafford and he created all goals, we beat liverpool and he created all goals skipping past their all team.

I agree with you that Bale is really special. But we are not just a one man team. Lennon for me has to step up. Prior to Bale's emergence he used to get me on the edge of my seat every time he touched the ball. There was a real frisson of excitement in the crowd too. He used to really attack defenders and often obliterate them with his pace. Now I just expect him to pass it backwards or sideways. Sigg would benefit enormously if our right side functioned like our left. So would Dempsey. I really hope it comes good for all of them. Some width and movement down the right would help.

so how did we manage to win games when we didnt have bale in the team?

I'd rather lose Bale than say Dembele or Sandro. I think both are much more important to us than Bale.

I'd rather lose Bale than say Dembele or Sandro. I think both are much more important to us than Bale.

i wouldn't go that far, bale is a once in a generation type footballer. you are more likely to get players like dembele or sandro than you are bale........ but i do see the point you're trying to make

Utter nonsense. Who do you think would attract the highest transfer fee for example?

i wouldn't go that far, bale is a once in a generation type footballer. you are more likely to get players like dembele or sandro than you are bale........ but i do see the point you're trying to make

In your opinion.

The way WE play, Dembele and Sandro are more important. People said Modric, was vital to how we played and that we'd miss him, turns out not so much. Sure, he has the ability to pick lock defences but we have changed our game. Dembele has over taken Modric in that role. We'll replace Bale too when we somehow get an unbelievable £30m+ for him, got to love inflated markets. Thank you City!!

Bale. Which means fudge all.

Maybe to you. if you cant see the class that is before you then I give up.

Anyway this is the Sig thread so lets hope he begins to show some of the form that I believe he showed at Swansea - and was one of Rodgers key wish signings. He has worked with him and wanted him at Liverpool. I think we should give him time.

Without Dembele we look far more likely to loose, we don't manage to boss the midfield the way Dembele and Sandro do. I think the point Murmorn was trying to make was that the team suffers more from the loss of Dembele or Sandro, than from Bale because we don't have anyone that can cover as well for them. Without Bale we'll still be able to get goals.

Without Dembele we look far more likely to loose, we don't manage to boss the midfield the way Dembele and Sandro do. I think the point Murmorn was trying to make was that the team suffers more from the loss of Dembele or Sandro, than from Bale because we don't have anyone that can cover as well for them. Without Bale we'll still be able to get goals.

With Bale out for a sustained period we will struggle to get goals. He has been top or second in our goals and assists for the last two seasons. He will be THE major miss.

Maybe to you. if you cant see the class that is before you then I give up.

Anyway this is the Sig thread so lets hope he begins to show some of the form that I believe he showed at Swansea - and was one of Rodgers key wish signings. He has worked with him and wanted him at Liverpool. I think we should give him time.

Of course I can see it. I just tend not to overrate Spurs players. Like many of us did with Palacios, like many of us did with Walker (who still has the potential, he was voted our best ever PL right back for fudge sake) and many others before them. You're seriously bringing a price tag in to this? Zlatan Ibrahimovic cost £15m. Does this make Robbie Keane, Darren Bent and many others better than him?

But yes, it is a Sigurdsson thread so lets stay on topic.

I agree and I'm glad someone can actually understand.

With Bale out for a sustained period we will struggle to get goals. He has been top or second in our goals and assists for the last two seasons. He will be THE major miss.

Why would we? He hasn't been out for a sustained period of time so you don't know. He is second in our goals and assists because he plays. If someone else played there (or if we put Dempsey there and played Ade with Defoe), who's to say Adebayor won't chip in with a lot of goals along with Defoe and Dempsey adding his total too?

But yes, Siggy thread. End of discussion.

Pffff. Bale is fantastic, the best player we've had a this club for years and years.

Lose Sandro and replace him with Parker and the job is done.

Dembele has been with us for 6 games and you are telling me that he is more important than Bale?:lol:

Back