• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official OMT** - Who's going to the season opener? (Not an OMT)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sissoko seems to have gone back to his old form. At one point he did three crosses in a row, all cut out by the first man. He misplaced passes for fun and his shot was awful. Worst player out there. Rather have Nkoudou there
No he hasn’t gone back to his old form - when was Sissoko any good at crossing? His strength was breaking from deep,this is Pochs fault for playing him in a position he was never going to be comfortable in.....

Id go this:

--------------Sissoko---N'Dombele---------------

-----Lamela------Eriksen--------Moura----------

-------------------Kane-----------------------------

For the Second half. Im not saying we needed Eriksen, but with out choices on the bench he is the only one we can use to change it all up.

No one to receive the ball from defence. They'd just close down Sissoko quickly and look for the overturn.

Kinda
No width from Sisosko or Ndombele that’s for sure

It’s a horrible system

I think Poch picked the players today and then picked the formation.

With all the players unavailable, there weren't many other options if he didnt think Eriksen was fit to start

I don't think Sissoko is all that good in a midfield 2. He doesn't have the ability on the ball to dictate, nor the defensive nous to sit. He's a good destroyer, but not what we need from the players back there. That's my opinion anyway.

Kinda
No width from Sisosko or Ndombele that’s for sure

It’s a horrible system
I think we can agree it sucks ass whatever it is!

I do feel we pretty much all reckon it’s a diamond ‘on paper’, but totally agree with your point - ie within a game, the actual positions move fluidly and attacking movement will cause the formation to be completely different to the eye!

(There, can I go now, haha!) ;-)

I think we can agree it sucks ass whatever it is!

I do feel we pretty much all reckon it’s a diamond ‘on paper’, but totally agree with your point - ie within a game, the actual positions move fluidly and attacking movement will cause the formation to be completely different to the eye!

(There, can I go now, haha!) ;-)

I actually rather enjoy it.

The formation we’re not playing does however seem designed in its absence to funnel all attacks down a tiny central avenue.

Formation dictated by available players really. If Eriksen wasnt deemed match fit or whatever, then Poch didnt have many options

Back