• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official No game this weekend OMT

So many in the U.K. have been blighted by flue the winter.
I wonder what planet some on here are on!

your point is certainly valid

but to some degree, it’s a planet where PL footballers are protected from themselves and the elements by limitless funds, the greatest medical minds in the world and controlled diets and environments

The reason Poch keeps playing Sissoko is because he paid 30million quid for him!
He just has to say to Danny boy..I,m sorry but I've just blown the money on this player because he is simply not going
To get us anywhere.
Llorente...why did we get him when he doesn't,t play. He,s not a 101 yet!
And..one of the best headers of a ball..one of the best headers of a ball and yet doesn't, get played!!!!!
It just does not make sense.
If Llorente does not get any game playing time with the rest of the team he will be wasted.
Actually I think it's too late now and
Llorente has been completely wasted.
Well done Poch.

The reason Poch keeps playing Sissoko is because he paid 30million quid for him!
He just has to say to Danny boy..I,m sorry but I've just blown the money on this player because he is simply not going
To get us anywhere.
Llorente...why did we get him when he doesn't,t play. He,s not a 101 yet!
And..one of the best headers of a ball..one of the best headers of a ball and yet doesn't, get played!!!!!
It just does not make sense.
If Llorente does not get any game playing time with the rest of the team he will be wasted.
Actually I think it's too late now and
Llorente has been completely wasted.
Well done Poch.

llorente cost a fudging fortune too, Kane was a freebie, the logic doesn’t work

your point is certainly valid

but to some degree, it’s a planet where PL footballers are protected from themselves and the elements by limitless funds, the greatest medical minds in the world and controlled diets and environments

Protection probably does not include their families children!
Its been like the night of the living dead with my grandchildrens coughs and colds!

People bemoaning the loss of Eriksen but he has not been playing that amazing in the recent games. Last week against Everton apart from that liquid football of a goal he scored on the end of all that movement he was missing for most of the match. The key point here is that Dele has been playing pretty average, losing balls, falling over a lot and generally making some bad decisions. Son has been keeping us ticking over in the attacking Third outside of Kane. So with Eriksen out, Dele off form and Son not really involved we lacked any real purpose going forward.

I feel like we was lucky not to lose. They had 2 chances across the face of the goal that they did not connect with. They were at us all game and we wilted at times. We still could have scored through Dier and Harry but it was an off performance. Why he played Sissoko and not Wanyama I am not sure.

So we was missing Toby, Rose, Victor, Winks, Eriksen and Hugo from the starting X1. We just do not have the quality in depth to take that kind of hit.

Protection probably does include their families children!
Its been like the night of the living dead with my grandchildrens coughs and colds!

I bet we don’t, but I bet other clubs do isolate their players from under the weather relatives.

Honestly left scratching my head at the decision to particularly take Son off. Yes he wasn't involved, but we just didnt get the ball to him. For me the biggest culprit was Dele who really needs to start passing earlier. Wanting too many touches and often dictating play in such a way that he can get on the end of the move. Very frustrating performance. Really lacked control today, think we could have benefitted earlier from having Wanyama on earlier too.

All is not lost but its looking increasingly difficult with results like this and West Ham.

Yes your right it's up to Deli to put Son through instead of fudging about with the ball all the time..
You can tell I'm well peed off today.
Poch should not have taken Son off. IMO
he,s part and parcel of our scoring mechanism..lol
And another thing...have we lost a winning belief to achieve something?

Yes your right it's up to Deli to put Son through instead of fudging about with the ball all the time..
You can tell I'm well peed off today.
Poch should not have taken Son off. IMO
he,s part and parcel of our scoring mechanism..lol
And another thing...have we lost a winning belief to achieve something?

Feels like Son is always the first to get subbed. But he is likely to score something out of nothing more than all the players other than Kane. Dele was having a bad game, So was Sissoko, The Dier and Dembele Combo was not that great but he always subs Son. I dont get it. I thought I heard boo's on the tv when he was subbed. Maybe he was ill and we dont know all the information. But even if that is true, what I say about him always being the one subbed runs true. And he runs all game. Never stops. He should be the last of the front three behind Kane to go off.

Protection probably does not include their families children!
6a999123ff62ec5698759b9567fdba42.jpg

Disappointed Levy hasn't issued Spurs branded ones to all first teamers.

Lloris and Eriksen had the flu and the comentators talking about more players feeling ill. Then playing at a terrible pitch in bad wether.
You guys laugh about arsenal-tv but alot of you are the same..

I don’t think that is entirely fair I have not seen any OTT criticism. As for a flu affected side, that may be but Alli overplaying and not realeasing the ball early enough, Dembele not up to the standards of previous seasons and Sissoko not doing enough to win the ball and start attacks have been common themes throughout the season. I am far from pressing the panic button but today was certainly disappointing.

Think it was always going to be the Eriksen factor. As soon as I saw the teamsheet I had a feeling his absence would cost us 2 points. He makes such a difference to the team
Eriksen, Lloris, Kane, Wanyama and Alderweireld are our most important players and the first players on the team sheet for me.

6a999123ff62ec5698759b9567fdba42.jpg

Disappointed Levy hasn't issued Spurs branded ones to all first teamers.

I had the bloody flue right over Christmas and I could have done with a couple of these for the wife and I.
Seriously I don't see how you can quarantine against this. The AC on aircraft would be a big no no imho say on a flight to Barcelona :rolleyes:

Well that was a below average showing today. We certainly didn't deserve to win, so a point is something.

Bad first 5 minutes set the tone.

I think it was a Saints tactic...the doubling up out wide in the first half. I suppose Son/Sissoko have to be aware of that and drop in to help. It looked as though they were finding space in the last third far to easily. BUT if son/sissoko don't do that then you at least expect that when we nick the ball, for us to exploit the space on the wings going the other way. BUT none of that today, no passing with urgency or invention. (Not sure if that's all down to Eriksen missing)
We may not be the fastest side but the ball can be our pace, pass it quickly and directly. We were basically doing the opposite.

Diers passing was well off today.

Moose done the things we know he's good at well...bullying, ghosting past people but the lack of end product reared its head again.

There was no real press either. ??

Bugger taking Son off....we know what he can do.

Whenever Kane got involved he looked effective and a threat, so it's annoying he was involved so little (not his fault)....get the ball to our best player. Simple. Especially you dithering Dele.

The ref was plain bizzare....and his linesman down our side in the second half (who went on tilt at one stage)

Well done to the yid army today, we stuck behind the team as much as we could.

Top 4 is a tough one. Big games coming up.

Well that was a below average showing today. We certainly didn't deserve to win, so a point is something.

Bad first 5 minutes set the tone.

I think it was a Saints tactic...the doubling up out wide in the first half. I suppose Son/Sissoko have to be aware of that and drop in to help. It looked as though they were finding space in the last third far to easily. BUT if son/sissoko don't do that then you at least expect that when we nick the ball, for us to exploit the space on the wings going the other way. BUT none of that today, no passing with urgency or invention. (Not sure if that's all down to Eriksen missing)
We may not be the fastest side but the ball can be our pace, pass it quickly and directly. We were basically doing the opposite.

Diers passing was well off today.

Moose done the things we know he's good at well...bullying, ghosting past people but the lack of end product reared its head again.

There was no real press either. ??

Bugger taking Son off....we know what he can do.

Whenever Kane got involved he looked effective and a threat, so it's annoying he was involved so little (not his fault)....get the ball to our best player. Simple. Especially you dithering Dele.

The ref was plain bizzare....and his linesman down our side in the second half (who went on tilt at one stage)

Well done to the yid army today, we stuck behind the team as much as we could.

Top 4 is a tough one. Big games coming up.

Listening to Mark Clattenburg on the Norwegian broadcast commending Friend on managing the game so well was even worse.

Just got back from the trip to Southampton who in fairness were well deserving of a point.

I thought we looked off the pace today and really missed Eriksen's creativity linking midfield to attack.

Vorm did his job, that's really all you can ask of him, he's a pretty good backup.

Defensively Davies and Vertonghen were pretty solid. Sanchez struggled at times and was unlucky with the own goal. Aurier was pretty awful; consistently lunging in for tackles and finding himself the wrong side of his man after he'd failed to win the ball.

Midfield had a mixed game, Dier's passing was at times poor often choosing the harder option without the accuracy, but was solid enough in his defensive role. Dembele on the other had was one of our better players, driving the ball forward even if the end product wasn't always there, he does seem to get crowded off the ball more often now whilst trying to take on one more player than he probably should be.

In attack I thought Kane did well with what he was given but we struggled to get the ball to him often enough, starved of service. Son was very quiet offering very little going forward obvious sub for Lamela. Dele was back to his poor performances of the last few months, he really never got into the game and held on to the ball instead of releasing for a quick break time and again, he seems to be trying too hard at times to influence the game, definitely just needs to keep things more simple. Sissoko offered very little other than covering for Aurier, but to his credit there were worse Spurs performances today.

The weather was a factor and the pitch started to cut up quite early on which really had an impact on the football being played.

Friend is a clam and got card happy once he got his first name.

Away fans were great as usual especially in the first half.

I really hope Wanyama gets back to full match fitness asap. Dier, Dembele and Sissoko are either out of form or not good enough. Dier in particular looks well below the level saw from him in 2015/16. He's a destroyer and should play to his strengths, not try hollywood passes when he doesn't have that in his locker. He's a tough tackling centre midfielder and does that very well, him and Poch should realise where his skillset ends when it comes to his passing and decision making.

Back