• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

little bit annoyed with defoe's comments on goals on sunday...basically said he thought he was offside.......surely a player of his expericence/age should bury the chance and then worry about offside after??

agreed cracking pass......holtby is starting to blossom and it may take some of our similar imports the same amount of time....whats it been 10-11 months?

But he's always offside. No wonder he has 1 league goal in 2013

Was worried when Holtby seemed reluctant to leave when being substituted and was grumbling all the way. He even had a few words with AVB who calmed him down. Thought he was going to make a big fuss. But was glad when Holtby came back to celebrate with other players after the match. He seems to be very passionate about the team which is nice to see.

Was worried when Holtby seemed reluctant to leave when being substituted and was grumbling all the way. He even had a few words with AVB who calmed him down. Thought he was going to make a big fuss. But was glad when Holtby came back to celebrate with other players after the match. He seems to be very passionate about the team which is nice to see.

Nows that interesting.

I may have to see if I can catch it again somewhere. I thought when Hotlby came off he looked knackered and I got the impression thats what he was tellling AVB as he greeted him

Nows that interesting.

I may have to see if I can catch it again somewhere. I thought when Hotlby came off he looked knackered and I got the impression thats what he was tellling AVB as he greeted him

Nope. The TV angle clearly showed Holtby was grumbling and he even had a few words with a Sunderland player. And he had a serious face when talking to AVB as well. Maybe it was just due to the heat of the moment.

Nows that interesting.

That's what I thought too. Looked to me like Holtby was almost apologetic as if he'd asked to come off becuase he'd run himself into the ground or something. Certainly didn't look upset.

Nope. The TV angle clearly showed Holtby was grumbling and he even had a few words with a Sunderland player. And he had a serious face when talking to AVB as well. Maybe it was just due to the heat of the moment.

The words with the Sunderland player looked a lot like the Sunderland player was telling Holtby to hurry up as he was walking off the pitch and that Holtby told him to **** off.

Throughball king :) At the end of the season I'll have to make a compilation of them!

http://imgur.com/EqIO3li

Superb run by Defoe too, managing to stay onside and..... miss. Great vision by Holtby.

Holtby's taking a little bit of time to adjust to the league and his new team and he only cost 1.25 million. We need to continue to be patient with the other new signings, they're all great players and cost significantly more than Holtby did.

Holtby seems to work with Defoe, we saw that in the early cup games. JD actually makes better runs (believes the pass will come?) and Holtby gives him the through balls.

Just wish JD put away some more of them, that 1 or 2 extra goals in last couple of games would have made a huge difference.

That pass though was exquisite, was so worried that that miss was gonna come back to haunt us. Holtby gives a lot for the team and presses really well, he's definately living off the confidence he has gained from the Fulham game. We expected that pass in Europe but in the EPL he hasn't been able to find them, yesterdays was great.

It looked to me as if he was disappointed in himself when coming off.

He is one of my favourite players and i feel he is a very important player and should be playing regularly alongside Sandro in a deeper role when Eriksens back.

[video=dailymotion;x18c88e]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18c88e_goal-holtby-tottenham-3-1-anzhi-12-12-2013-highlights_sport#from=embediframe[/video]

@ReviewFootball: Holtby's passes vs Anzhi: He did alright in the CM role. Very intelligent player. (Via @Squawka )
BbUR9GRIQAA1pSH.jpg

@ReviewFootball: Holtby's Heat Map vs Anzhi. Commanding performance! (via @Squawka )
BbUSfVYCUAIQ2E6.png

Holtby seems to work with Defoe, we saw that in the early cup games. JD actually makes better runs (believes the pass will come?) and Holtby gives him the through balls.

Just wish JD put away some more of them, that 1 or 2 extra goals in last couple of games would have made a huge difference.

this

That's a brilliant goal - the run, the pass, the finish, just perfectly executed. Well done! =D>

Love how Soldado just turns around to applaud the goal as soon as it hits the net, such a classy guy. And to be fair it was a classy goal by Holtby, thought he was very good yesterday and is starting to become one of my favourite players.

is starting to become one of my favourite players.

Very hard not to like the guy a lot. Loves the club, and is starting to show some class. There was a while when I worried that he was very good at doing a headless chicken impersonation, but his confidence is growing and you sense that he has a huge enthusiasm, a really positive mental attitude. I think he will get better and better.

His performance last night reminded me a bit of Paul Scholes. Okay so it was 'only' Anzhi, but he clearly believed from the off last night that HE was to be the playmaker, the orchestrator, the main man. It was as if he felt he had at last been released from the shackles and was at liberty to go out there and impose his talents all over the field.

That classy goal capped a magnificent performance, one that confirmed we really do have a genuine prospect on our hands.

Wonder if he'll start on Sunday against Liverpool?

is starting to become one of my favourite players.

Very hard not to like the guy a lot. Loves the club, and is starting to show some class. There was a while when I worried that he was very good at doing a headless chicken impersonation, but his confidence is growing and you sense that he has a huge enthusiasm, a really positive mental attitude. I think he will get better and better.

Absolutely, seemed to thrive in that position as well, I'd love to see him get some gametime there alongside Sandro, could be a very good CM pairing against a lot of "the lesser teams" I think.

Back