• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby

Schalke rated him as a £10m player when he was under a long term contract, they didn't let him go cheaply .. or at all.
Holtby forced their hand by not signing a new deal and making it clear he wanted to move to the Premier League.

And he's not out of favour, he's been given half a season to settle in.
Injured himself on Germany U21 duty this summer, which is why we haven't seen him so far this (pre) season.
Some Spurs fans are idiots and didn't want to give King and Bale time, some do the same with Holtby.
But there's been nothing coming out from AVB or the coaching staff about Holtby being out of favour.

Hopefully he'll be ready to play some part against Dinamo Tbilisi coming thursday, him and Sandro.

Played a blinder tonight for our U21s against West Ham and scored a cracker...

A4989_zpsa05a94f8.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah definitely hope he gets some minutes for the home leg, unfortunate with his pre season injury but sounds like he's done well for the U21's, hopefully he'll be on top form for us, think he can do a lot of good this season.

The midfielder completed 82 minutes on his return to action after recovering from a knee injury sustained in this summer's European U21 Championships.
The German international was the catalyst for the turn around in the second half.
Always available, Holtby found space in between West Ham's midfield and defensive line and after creating a number of openings, smashed a spectacular 30-yard drive into the top corner to level the score on 66 minutes.

From the OS. Sounds like he had a good game in the "nr.10" position.

Could this guy save us £30m???

Yep. I was a big advocate for him coming in Jan because i felt he would need considerable time to click and gel with the team. For the most part he went through the initial adjustment of playing in the league and i feel can have a big season with us. Great passing, great stamina and has that inner will to win. Something that will serve us well this season.

He also plays at a much higher tempo which is something which i haven't seen from us yet. We seem to have become a little slower in our play. I really wanna see some faster passing and movement and he is ideal for that.

He also plays at a much higher tempo which is something which i haven't seen from us yet. We seem to have become a little slower in our play. I really wanna see some faster passing and movement and he is ideal for that.

Yes agree. I recon Paulinho will be on his wave length and they could cut through teams. Both seem to be able to move the ball at lightening speed, winning possession turning and making a pass in a blink of an eye.

We have a number of players could play the no 10 role, but need one who'll chip in with goals. Sig promised goals, but he always seems to be fractions off. Almost but no cigar. Maybe once he hits a few the flood gates will open.

i'd think holtby would link up well with soldado too - both capable of wonderful "1 touch" football

I like Holtby's movement, plus his passing and vision. I think he'll be an important player but unsure if he'll ever be a regular first team player.

Thought Holtby looked excellent in his first couple of games for us - in his debut against Norwich, I thought we had a new Modric on our hands. And who knows? Should definitely be given more chances in the offensive creative midfielder role. :)

I like Holtby's movement, plus his passing and vision. I think he'll be an important player but unsure if he'll ever be a regular first team player.

He might not be the first name on the teamsheet but with the amount of games we'll hopefully be playing combined with his versatility and determined attitude I think he'll play plenty this season.

Back