• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Friedel

Re: Brad Friedel

Empty PR words - let him go back to Rovers where he'll actually feature.

We ve got a top class keeper now - time to move on from this flimflam sentiment. Done and dusted.

Last edited:

Empty PR words - let him go back to Rovers where he ll actually feature.

We ve got a top class keeper now - time to move on from this flimflam sentiment. Done and dusted.

Wow! Brad was our 1st choice goalie for most of this season but now just tell him to fudge off?

Wow! Brad was our 1st choice goalie for most of this season but now just tell him to fudge off?

Cut throat world we live in. He knows he's number two now and will need to leave for first team football. He's been superb for us but we move on.

I would not be surprised if Arry throws in an offer. Or has he already, and maybe I missed it ?

QPR already have two top, top goalies. Besides them being among their highest earners, there are other areas more in need of strengthening.

Julio cesar has been seriously found wanting, Brad would easily get in ahead of him.

I would prefer we keep Brad though.

Where exactly did i tell him to 'fudge off'?

At his age he needs regular games in order to stay match fit and physically sharp - hence my suggestion of going to a club where that is realistically achievable. He won't manage that with us - not in the slightest.

Also at his age - and he's already accepted this, at least in the press - he knows we need to look to the future and tie down a younger keeper. It makes perfect sense, if both keepers are at a similar level, for us to be using Lloris for the majority of games now, with Brad as backup.

Also at his age - and he's already accepted this, at least in the press - he knows we need to look to the future and tie down a younger keeper. It makes perfect sense, if both keepers are at a similar level, for us to be using Lloris for the majority of games now, with Brad as backup.

Absolutely - he even admitted as much when signing last year - being made well aware of our long term plans and his position within those - he's no fool.

None of this is new or surprising, imv - not sure why anyone would take offence to disbelief to these 'natural' occurences - akin to any competitive, professional football club.

With Brad set to start tonight in our 23rd game of the season against Panathinaikos, both he and Hugo Lloris will have started 11 games each for Spurs this season.

The other start went to Carlo Cudicini.

A 41 year old keeper playing a game once in a while is bound to end in tears. i
I'd be happy to see Friedel leave with his head held high to another club in january,
and I'd prefer Lloris to play against Panathinaikos - see no sporting reason to make a change.
We've got good cover in Cudicini and Gomes.

With Brad set to start tonight in our 23rd game of the season against Panathinaikos, both he and Hugo Lloris will have started 11 games each for Spurs this season.

The other start went to Carlo Cudicini.

Why do you think he's set to start tonight?

I didn't see anywhere confirmation (or even suggestion) he would start tonight - i.e. direct quote from AVB. Where did he say so? (apologies if I've missed it)

Personally, I think it would be pointless having a keeper who hasn't been in goals for a month come into what is a cruical game in place of Lloris who is finally picking up consistent match sharpness and is looking good.

Last edited:

QPR already have two top, top goalies. Besides them being among their highest earners, there are other areas more in need of strengthening.

Two ??

Cesar and please dont say you think Green as a top top GK, as he really isnt

Back