• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I started watching The Creator on Disney+.
The premise is so, so stupid and then a stupid thing happens for stupid reasons and then the reactions are stupid and then stupid becomes more stupid.
I cannot believe they make films with such stupid plots, it beggars belief. The effects are great but the plot is beyond flawed, it is just plain ridonculous at every step. And I'm only a third of the way through. Just so unfeasibly stupid at every turn.

The premise is so, so stupid and then a stupid thing happens for stupid reasons and then the reactions are stupid and then stupid becomes more stupid.
I cannot believe they make films with such stupid plots, it beggars belief. The effects are great but the plot is beyond flawed, it is just plain ridonculous at every step. And I'm only a third of the way through. Just so unfeasibly stupid at every turn.

Couldn’t agree more. Stunning visuals, appalling writing.

I left it running whilst I did other things, and it just churned on for hours, it made no sense whatsoever, the plot holes were ENORMOUS. Just stupid plot, stupid dialogue, stupid reasoning such as "you never found the base whilst you were looking for it, but you're the only guy that knows the complete layout of the base" and oh don't get me started.
It dragged on for hours and when I checked there were still 98 minutes left, so I kept it running and it just went on and on and on getting more stupid until stupid man and stupid boy
went into space to meet stupid dead ghost mum in space heaven who wasn't actually mum but was actually a dead genius and oh my gosh it was awful.

Just watching the Lost Boys again and remembered a drunken convo with my mate from the band… one of the Corey’s used to live in Bedford
So I pinged him for the details

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpeg
    IMG_3161.jpeg
    871.3 KB · Views: 30
I finally got around to watching The Holdovers up cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it, a pity that it didn’t get a Christmas release date in UK.
I saw this too and really enjoyed it, agreed it should have come out at Christmas as it's a Chistmas movie. Only thing I missed from it was Giamatti going full on rant mode like Sideways, was kind of hoping for that at times... Think Alexander Payne might be my favourite director, he so rarely misses.

Watched two very different films over the last two days; Argylle and American Fiction. The former was a lot of fun, I don’t understand the negative reviews. Sure there’s a lot of twists and it is a bit convoluted but I enjoyed it.

American Fiction is the best film I’ve seen in a while. Won’t post any spoilers but it sends up how preachy and patronising white people can be to black people. In The very first scene of the film the main character uses a particular slur whilst teaching in college and trying to make a point and surprise surprise a white woman gets offended. Can totally imagine that happening in real life. Hell it probably happens every single day in Ivy League colleges. The film is also quite touching and sad. Whoever played the mother deserves an oscar. But on the whole it’s really funny and entertaining. Quite a ridiculous premise but it totally nails it. Real art imitating life stuff. Can’t recommend it enough.

I thinks its Greta Gerwig not getting a director nomination over the Zone of Interest guy which is much more the contentious one

Why should Gerwig have been nominated 'over' Glazer? Why not just add her name to the nominees? BTW, if you're goijng to suggest that Barbie was a better film than The Zone of Interest, we should set up a debate corner!

Back