• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Every new star wars is brilliant, for the first week. Then when real people get to see it and not fan boy media types it turns out to be not very good at all.
Not falling for that again.
Yeah, the only one of these recent films that I really loved was Rogue One tbh

However I still enjoy the atmosphere at an opening night screening where people have booked tickets weeks in advance, rather than the usual hoi polloi up multiplexes who spend half the movie checking their phones :mad: They’re almost as bad as the insta-tourists who took over Wembley Stadium during the latter days of our stay there.

Yeah, the only one of these recent films that I really loved was Rogue One tbh

However I still enjoy the atmosphere at an opening night screening where people have booked tickets weeks in advance, rather than the usual hoi polloi up multiplexes who spend half the movie checking their phones :mad: They’re almost as bad as the insta-tourists who took over Wembley Stadium during the latter days of our stay there.

Rogue one, was that the first on the new trilogy?
It was OK upto some Oprah like lady started back chatting to han solo like they were on a Jerry springer show. I gave up after that.

Every year in December when the wife is at her works night out I crack out the originals on blu ray fire up tne projector, turn the sound up to epic and spend a glorious evening reliving my youth.
Awesome, and I suppose for those of a certain age that's why the new movies will never compare, they can't transport us back to when we thought 25 was old.

Rogue one, was that the first on the new trilogy?
It was OK upto some Oprah like lady started back chatting to han solo like they were on a Jerry springer show. I gave up after that.

Every year in December when the wife is at her works night out I crack out the originals on blu ray fire up tne projector, turn the sound up to epic and spend a glorious evening reliving my youth.
Awesome, and I suppose for those of a certain age that's why the new movies will never compare, they can't transport us back to when we thought 25 was old.
Rogue One was exceptional, the only one that gets near the original trilogy for me. Solo was also good, the standalone’s have been much better than the series continuations.

The force Awakens was the first in the series set after ROTJ, pretty poor really.

Rogue One was exceptional, the only one that gets near the original trilogy for me. Solo was also good, the standalone’s have been much better than the series continuations.

The force Awakens was the first in the series set after ROTJ, pretty poor really.

Force awakens, that was it.

Read reports which says it is utter rubbish.

Mate of mine watched it last night and hates it.

Though he did really like The Last Jedi.

I suspect thats a Brexit like split in the fan base. Seems Rise of Skywalker is looking to undo The Last Jedi, so how much you like it will depend on how much you liked TLJ.

I thought TLJ was brick, so chances are Ill enjoy this one! Though with JJ Abrams at the helm itll be a fast paced, beautifully shot mess of a film that makes less and less sense the more you think about it...

Mate of mine watched it last night and hates it.

Though he did really like The Last Jedi.

I suspect thats a Brexit like split in the fan base. Seems Rise of Skywalker is looking to undo The Last Jedi, so how much you like it will depend on how much you liked TLJ.

I thought TLJ was brick, so chances are Ill enjoy this one! Though with JJ Abrams at the helm itll be a fast paced, beautifully shot mess of a film that makes less and less sense the more you think about it...

I judge films like I do music, its either good or its bad, regardless of loyalty to the band I won't force myself to love it.

Back