• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Star Wars was ok. Felt like they crammed a hell of a lot in, might have been a bit better a fraction less full and frantic and a little bit more craft instead.

Daisy Ridley though. Yup.

It was OK, it feels like they have completely ignored the last Jedi (which I quite liked) and made up a whole new set of Jedi skills and background whilst leaving a load of plot holes.

It feels like this set of three films ignored all the good world building ideas by Marvel

I think it’s the worst of the new ones.

Star Wars was ok. Felt like they crammed a hell of a lot in, might have been a bit better a fraction less full and frantic and a little bit more craft instead.

Daisy Ridley though. Yup.
Could have split it into 2 parts like they did with the final Avengers story and the last Harry Potter book too

Could have split it into 2 parts like they did with the final Avengers story and the last Harry Potter book too

Problem is they felt they had to ignore the “mistakes” of TLJ because of twitter Virgins which meant having to cram in more which means they left lots of questions.

I wasn’t a fan of the ending of this one - it was identical to ROTJ - it had to be as Uber Star Wars fans are weird and would go into meltdown if they tried to change anything new.

Done a few trips to our new OdeonLuxe recently.

Last Christmas - Really enjoyed it, despite reading reviews and somebody basically giving the plot away

Knives Out - A slow burner, decent, had the potential to be funnier for me

Jumanji 2 - Despite having Karen Gillan in shorts, and The Rock hamming it up. It wasn't as good as the first for me. They will probably do a 3rd film, but I think they will flogging a dead horse

Looking forward to Jo Jo Rabbit next month.

My surprise recently was a film on Sky that I stumbled open. Jellyfish. Some dark subject matter with hints of humour, but by the end I felt like watching it again. Great performance by the young girl in the leading role

Disney will be hammering the Star Wars universe for years to come. There's a Rogue One TV series being made, a Boba Fett film and there's bound to be more origin stories.
Haven't they already got an Obi Wan Kenobi film in the bag too? It might be the end of the main storyline, but they'll milk every last penny out of it otherwise.

Not that I really mind that, the standalone stuff has been better than the post-1980s additions to the main story, by and large.

Haven't they already got an Obi Wan Kenobi film in the bag too? It might be the end of the main storyline, but they'll milk every last penny out of it otherwise.

Not that I really mind that, the standalone stuff has been better than the post-1980s additions to the main story, by and large.

Rogue One is my favourite of the recent films

Just watched TROS and really enjoyed it 8.5/10

Expected it to be total rubbish (as I didn’t like Last Jedi), but even a few minutes in I was gripped.

Think it definitely helps to be a fan of the original movies.

Back