• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Excellent film very Fargo-ish

I thought the film sounded boring when described by a friend. She just said that an advertising board was put up after a daughter was killed and police didn’t do anything.

So it’s better than that?!

Then I’ll go and watch it tomorrow. See what it’s all about. Has anyone watched Hostiles? I was thinking to watch it but heard mixed reviews.
I caught Hostiles up cinema last week. Thought it started off very well but the ending was a tad disappointing, worth a look if you like Western movies.

I caught Hostiles up cinema last week. Thought it started off very well but the ending was a tad disappointing, worth a look if you like Western movies.

Does it feel like a long movie? I’ve heard that they don’t really flesh out characters either. That they’re not given any real identity. Any truth in that?

I will likely watch it but it’s hard to get motivated for a long movie after long work days.

Does it feel like a long movie? I’ve heard that they don’t really flesh out characters either. That they’re not given any real identity. Any truth in that?

I will likely watch it but it’s hard to get motivated for a long movie after long work days.
Even though Hostiles is over 2 hour’s long I didn’t feel like it dragged but I do enjoy an epic Western movie.

The characters are mostly just cliches but the cast was top notch and put in good performances imho.

Thought 3 billboards was a bit of a let down - liked the tone of it and the way it was shot but after setting everything up pretty well in the opening third it didn't really seem to know where to go from there

This was actually a lot better than I thought

Storyline: The story of humble London businessman Quan (Chan), whose long-buried past erupts in a revenge-fueled vendetta when the only person left for him to love - his teenage daughter - is taken from him in a senseless act of politically-motivated terrorism. In his relentless search for the identity of the terrorists, Quan is forced into a cat- and-mouse conflict with a British government official (Brosnan), whose own past may hold clues to the identities of the elusive killers

upload_2018-1-14_14-24-50.png

Thought 3 billboards was a bit of a let down - liked the tone of it and the way it was shot but after setting everything up pretty well in the opening third it didn't really seem to know where to go from there
Certainly wasn't the bag of laughs the trailer portrayed! Enjoyed it though, good film. Like you say, was slightly surprised how it finished.

Watched Pele the Legend with my grandson today, he loved it, I thought it was enjoyable watch and bought back great memories of a fantastic player.

Watched Pele the Legend with my grandson today, he loved it, I thought it was enjoyable watch and bought back great memories of a fantastic player.

He would be a championship player at best now.

I am serious even average championship players have the same skill as he had, that shows how the human race evolves.

Back