• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Why is Ridley Scott obsessed with ruining his own legacy? First Alien, now Blade Runner. Managed about 15 minutes before I just stopped paying attention to it. It was soooo boring.

Why is Ridley Scott obsessed with ruining his own legacy? First Alien, now Blade Runner. Managed about 15 minutes before I just stopped paying attention to it. It was soooo boring.

Blade Runner 2049 needed to be seen first on a massive screen and with patience. A great film. Have a smoke before you see it if it makes you impatient! It is visually stunning too...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

George Lucas is a bad film maker. The more control he has, the worse the film (ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, etc.)

I agree. A fun story-teller sometimes but hardly the auteur he appears to be regarded as by many. I won’t be seeing this latest franchise boot. Could not be bothered. Like the last and the one before. I love film, I love cinema, but if I am going to waste time watching a film that is poorly made and conceived, I’m happier watching the likes of White Chicks or The Brothers Grimsby which have no pretense whatsoever and are glorious, puerile brick!!!!!

Blade Runner 2049 needed to be seen first on a massive screen and with patience. A great film. Have a smoke before you see it if it makes you impatient! It is visually stunning too...

Visually stunning is all there is to a lot of the big titles recently. Weak ass tinkle stories with lots of CGI and explosions. At least the graphics looked good, unlike Justice League. That was just laughable.

I agree. A fun story-teller sometimes but hardly the auteur he appears to be regarded as by many. I won’t be seeing this latest franchise boot. Could not be bothered. Like the last and the one before. I love film, I love cinema, but if I am going to waste time watching a film that is poorly made and conceived, I’m happier watching the likes of White Chicks or The Brothers Grimsby which have no pretense whatsoever and are glorious, puerile brick!!!!!

Lucas has nothing to do with the latest movies. Disney bought Lucasfilm and kicked him to the curb.

That said, it doesnt necessarily follow the new franchise doesnt have issues. Its hit and miss so far for me.

Lucas, IMO, is like JJ Abrahms. A good ideas man, but good lord dont let him anywhere near a script.

I watched it in the Imax. And you will need something stronger than weed to put up with the indulgence of that film. I'm completely in love with the orginal still. I so wanted to love the sequal, I have been waiting on it for years... But alas it left me :(

I didnt bother with Blade Runner. I liked the look of it but just completely lacked enthusiasm for it.

And, now, I dont feel much like I missed out. Ill catch it at some point, maybe itll be great, but itll be as and when I feel in the mood.

The best Wayans Brothers film is 'Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in The Hood.' Good memories of being stoned whilst watching that haha.

DS_S1_bW0AAGfFE.jpg

Christ on a bike, Hollywood is so superficial and hypocritical and nobody plays the identity politics card like these clams. GHod, I so loathe these douches. To make matters worse, they consider themselves to be of the left and progressive. I'd put the lot up against a wall, if I had my way. There's nothing left wing or progressive about any of them. Their commitment to an issue lasts until exactly when the next trendy issue comes along. Did I say how much I loathe them?

Got round to watching Dunkirk, one of the best best films I have seen for a long while!

I'll let you all get back to wibble that is the Hollywood protest!

Back