• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

fudge it I say. Audere Est Facere! QPR lined up with a 4-4-x formation against our 4-2-3-1 and bossed us. I think we look better balanced and far more comfortable in possession and defensively when we play 4-4-x.

4-4-x is not the same as 4-4-2.

Defoe and Ade up front would be a 4-4-2, not a 4-4-1-1. We need someone like Dempsey or Sig who will do the job defensively in my opinion.

4-4-x is not the same as 4-4-2.

Defoe and Ade up front would be a 4-4-2, not a 4-4-1-1. We need someone like Dempsey or Sig who will do the job defensively in my opinion.

4-4-2 is fine with me. The most important thing is those two banks of four and if we are playing two wingers then both central midfielders have to sit a little deeper. I think on paper Sandro/Dembele or even better Huddlestone/Dembele could be a very good balanced midfield pairing and if we can get the ball out wide faster and have two forwards in the box to aim for? I'd be very happy with that.

Of course it has, but having watched Greaves score most of his goals for us i wish i had a pound for everytime i heard someone say " all he does is score goals"

Defoe scores goals thats what he does and if he keeps on playing on a regular basis this season he could end up our 5TH highest score of all time.

Heard on the radio this morning that Jermaine Defoe has the best minutes per goal ratio in International football in the entire world! Couldn't find this backed up anywhere...... Anyone else heard this?

Heard on the radio this morning that Jermaine Defoe has the best minutes per goal ratio in International football in the entire world! Couldn't find this backed up anywhere...... Anyone else heard this?

Defoe's record for England is astounding.

Yet Wayne "World Class" Rooney, who has a far inferior strike-rate, always gets the nod over Defoe.

Go figure!

I'd say that 25 years ago we were much less obsessed about the image of the player and more concerned with their prolificness. Clive Allen was as dull as dishwater, had no flair whatsoever, but you could not argue with his record in 86/87. For all the talk about systems, about Ade for Spurs or Rooney for England, Defoe deserves to keep his place.

will be a good fight between him and crouch.
crouch apparently was that good, but still not good enough for top 4 (including us!)

What is actually the difference between 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 other than the wingers being higher up the pitch when you write it out? Who the players are and their individual instructions are far more important than a sequence of numbers.

great distracting run for the 2nd goal, and his hold up play and eventual pass to Bale for the 3rd goal was top top notch.

im very pleased for JD. Seems like AVB's confidence in him is having an effect.

great distracting run for the 2nd goal, and his hold up play and eventual pass to Bale for the 3rd goal was top top notch.

im very pleased for JD. Seems like AVB's confidence in him is having an effect.

Defoe is playing superbly in my opinion. He is playing little intricate through balls and holding the ball up better and more intelligent running.

I did get tinkled off with him yesterday in the last minute or two when he could have maybe gone to the corner and tried to hold it up but I suppose by that time he just looked knackered absolutely ran himself into the ground

Defoe is playing superbly in my opinion. He is playing little intricate through balls and holding the ball up better and more intelligent running.

I did get tinkled off with him yesterday in the last minute or two when he could have maybe gone to the corner and tried to hold it up but I suppose by that time he just looked knackered absolutely ran himself into the ground

i was more tinkled of with Walker when he had that free kick on the right inside Utd's half near the end of the game, and instead of playing some simple passes with lennon, he decided to whack a long pass across the pitch to the left and of course the ball was intercepted and Utd came at us again. hopefully inexperience and he will learn

back to Defoe, yeah he is playing superbly. His all round game is improving all the time and he also had a lot to say in the team huddle before the game started. He is one of the experienced players out there and seems to have taken on some responsibility to help out the younger lads

i was more tinkled of with Walker when he had that free kick on the right inside Utd's half near the end of the game, and instead of playing some simple passes with lennon, he decided to whack a long pass across the pitch to the left and of course the ball was intercepted and Utd came at us again. hopefully inexperience and he will learn

back to Defoe, yeah he is playing superbly. His all round game is improving all the time and he also had a lot to say in the team huddle before the game started. He is one of the experienced players out there and seems to have taken on some responsibility to help out the younger lads

Yeah what the fudge was that about? I was screaming at the telly when I saw that - I couldnt believe my eyes - I dont know what it was

There was some general inexperience with that, a few more simple passes and holding the ball up were available yet we continuosly lost possession. I guess we were just trying to keep it dramatic?

you see yesterday he was v.good. I said i don't care much for goals when i'm judging a strikers performance and will ignore the lack of goals if the striker gets involved in general play and he certainly did that yesterday.

His movement off the ball was phenomenal yesterday, best shown by bales goal but he did it all night, ran their defense all over the place. A big difference between the game yesterday and those early in the season for me as it gave lennon and bale so much more room to work with.

Back