• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

BO6lNzmCMAAN_-I.jpg

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

Enjoye enjoye enjoye enjoye to see kids with a smille on face❤ africa❤

This guy has had one amazing summer. Skydiving, rambling across America, and now supporting Tanzanian street kids. His running commentary kept me entertained as well.

Top man.

Can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. For me, it's this side of certain footballers lives I am more envious about.

Good on him

Can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. For me, it's this side of certain footballers lives I am more envious about.

Good on him

Its one that we seem to forget about. A great deal of footballers do stuff for charity, Defoe and Ade are two. Drogba is another I think

craig bellamy too. then again there are even more who squander their youth and wealth week in week out. pros like BAE are very rare indeed, i am glad we have a player like that on our payroll. legend.

Whats with the different colour laces? or is benny just trendsetting......again

I think this harks back to a couple of seasons ago when he wripped one of his boots. Rather than throwing the pair away, he kept playing with one old boot and a new one which was a different colour... and then got hung up on the superstition that he needed his boots not to match. I'll have a look and see if I can find a link to this to check my memory isn't playing tricks.

http://somegoals.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/benoit-assou-ekotto-tenenbaum/

Last edited:
http://soccerreviews.com/news/revea...-benoit-assou-ekottos-unusual-boot-selection/
EXRevealed: The Reason Behind Benoit Assou-Ekotto’s Unusual Boot SelectionAvatar of Isaac Abraham
January 24, 2012 by Isaac Abraham 8 Comments

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ranks with the likes of Mario Balotelli (maybe a bit lower) as one of the characters of the Premier League (check out his twitter @assouekotto). Recently Assou-Ekotto has taken to wearing a different boot on either foot, and after a bit of sneaking around on the web we’re here to solve the confusion behind it all.
benoit-assou-ekotto-spurs.jpeg

Boots.jpg

Benoit's brand new boots. Prior to any tears.

Assou-Ekotto was first spotted some months back with the Champion’s League adiPowers on his right foot and the release colourway on his left, leaving boot spotters around the web scratching their heads in confusion. Assou-Ekkoto’s revealed the method to his madness in an interview with The Mirror: “I bought two pairs – one blue and one white. After three days, one of them split; and because I don’t have a sponsor, I wasn’t going to throw away a shoe that is brand new. So I took one of the other colour and played like that.” The “split” that Assou-Ekotto is talking about is one that has annoyed many adiPower wearers, and while it didn’t happen to the pair we reviewed, we have heard many accounts of it happening.
Benoit+Assou+ekotto+Manchester+City+v+Tottenham+Wpe0KvRXu6tl.jpeg

The new year brought about a new boot (singular) for the full back. This time Assou-Ekotto had ditched the Champions League adiPower for a great looking black/orange adiZero miCoach. Could it be that Benoit’s boot ripped again, or that he just became a little bit more adventurous with his choice of boots?

105_111_large_it-is-the-shoes-lol-my-next-goal-in-2-years-2014-lol-615x461.jpg

After scoring a screamer against Everton, his first in two years, Assou-Ekotto posted this image of him and his adiPower along with the caption “It is the shoes!” As a result we doubt Assou-Ekotto will be ditching his adiPowers in favour for another miCoach anytime soon… Furthermore, it doesn’t look as if he’s in a hurry to find a sponsor as he’s “happy not to have a sponsor because I’d rather be free to do what I want.” Something that we may see more and more players particular those on Nike’s books do if their boot silo plan becomes a reality. It’s all very peculiar but then again, what else would you expect from an eccentric guy like Benoit Assou-Ekotto?

Stud. I wonder if he now has an endorsement deal with Under Armour, as it looks as if they sent him the posh ones in the box with the Cameroon flags. Or maybe he just custom-ordered them online somewhere.....

Back