• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

He was brick but like all other players on that pitch today (except Lloris actually and the centre backs)

However what you guys seem to fail to understand and you would notice this clearly is that BAE rarely has anyone in front of him whereas Walker has Lennon. BAE is being unfairly treated here in the sense that he has no one to play with. He looked good last season and season before as he was playing with Bale, this season he has had no partnership with anyone. Dempsey is fudgein awful on left as far as im concerned and BAE had to hoof it as a consequence.
Agree with this. Ekotto deserves some blame of course. I don't understand why he was hoofing it long without thinking so often. But he wasn't the only one. Siggy improved us hugely.

Walker looked good.

Another display where he looked ok for the most part, but made fans and maybe players, a bit nervy. But then again, we looked nervy across the team and he doesn't seem to have a good outlet in front of him.

He was brick but like all other players on that pitch today (except Lloris actually and the centre backs)

However what you guys seem to fail to understand and you would notice this clearly is that BAE rarely has anyone in front of him whereas Walker has Lennon. BAE is being unfairly treated here in the sense that he has no one to play with. He looked good last season and season before as he was playing with Bale, this season he has had no partnership with anyone. Dempsey is fudgein awful on left as far as im concerned and BAE had to hoof it as a consequence.

This.

Another display where he looked ok for the most part, but made fans and maybe players, a bit nervy. But then again, we looked nervy across the team and he doesn't seem to have a good outlet in front of him.

He was playing his normal nerve-less game but the other players were not there for him. A lot of our play went through him today.

Must have missed the part where I wrote him off - simply expressed a 'difference of opinion' regarding his recent form and general treatment by fans.

I think people seem to forget he's come back from injury too. I'm sure as a result of this and being benched a few times, he's allowed to be a bit off form?

Was one of our shakier defenders yesterday. He wasn't helped by facing a 2 on 1 overload where one of either Davis or Cork often drifted wide while Clyne burst beyond him on the outside, a tactic I felt Southampton used extremely well.

Nevertheless, he allowed too many crosses and cutbacks from his flank of the field. I'm not completely blaming him, but I'd think twice before starting the guy against Chelsea where he'll be up against Azpilicueta, Mata and more often than not Ramires bursting down the inside-left channel.

He didn't play well but he was our most involved player. Always m in the thick of it and never hid.

I think that's very much to his credit. Even though we didn't have a good day at the office as a team and things weren't always working out for him he kept receiving the ball and he tried to make things happen by playing football. He was forced into some long balls and clearances, but you can be quite sure with Ekotto that when he does blindly clear it it's not for a lack of trying to keep the ball or find a team mate.

People complain about the defenders and goalkeeper hoofing it or being inaccurate, but I think that's often down to the movement ahead of them. Especially for players like Ekotto and Vertonghen who are very comfortable on the ball. The movement of our front 4 just wasn't anywhere near good enough yesterday from what I could see. Incidentally that was also the case when Southampton had the ball, our pressing was very disjointed and we saw very little of the team pressing that we saw earlier in the season.

Tottenham full back Benoit Assou-Ekotto will not be leaving White Hart Lane because he is ‘extremely important’ to the team, according to head coach Andre Villas-Boas.

The 29-year-old has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane following an injury-hit season that limited him to 12 starts in the league.

But the Portuguese coach is adamant that he remains a big part of his plans as the north Londoners bid to secure Champions League qualification next season.

“We finally have Benoit [Assou-Ekotto] back so, apart from the fluid that he has on the knee, he was involved in all of the fixtures since he got back,” said Villas-Boas.

He’s an extremely important player for us. We have Danny Rose coming back and Zeki Fryers so we have to make the best decision [for next season].”

Didnt hear anything about his injury issues during the latter end of the season. How odd.

Interesting quotes from AVB. Certainly seems to be praising him more and in a different way than he perhaps would have if we were looking to sell him.

Hope his knee problem isn't something that will continue to bother him next season and that he stays around.

i always got the impression he'd be out the door this summer, but those quotes combined with a lack of transfer rumors linking him away hopefully suggests he'll be staying

Didnt hear anything about his injury issues during the latter end of the season. How odd.
that's the thing we don't hear about and you've got to cut the pros some slack sometimes. jenas himself has to have a few injections in his foot (toe injuries) throughout a whole season playing for us, and the coach still opted for him as first choice.

Back