• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

When people make comments like this, I think they do so forgetting what the modern full back is required to do. I cannot think of a top club that doesn't play with attacking fullbacks, this means that they will inevitably be caught out of position sometimes or will have to track back under pressure. This is one of the reasons why many clubs now play with two holding midfielders, so that they can cover the gaps left when the full backs get forward.

Cool interview, cool fella !

In all honesty, where could he go that are far better than us, and would take him ? Also, the club stuck by him when he was out for a couple of seasons, and still young.

He is a good leftback, a bit stubborn, but the best at the club at LB. What bugs me about him is he sometimes switches off when he should be tracking back, busting a gut.

The important part of that interview is him mentioning it takes time to adjust with new people. I don't like AvB chopping and changing the back line, it's too detrimental for my taste, I don't think we get the full benefit. Hopefully Benny can stay fit for a while now. Long term we need a replacement.

Benny - LOL !

Missing Bale has got nothing to do with his lack of tracking back or his lack of commitment on the pitch. Lets be honest most of the time he plays like he doesn't give a brick and no amount of feel good interviews are gonna change this.
This 'cool' interview has given him at least 4 months worth of airtime regarding poor defensive performances

Missing Bale has got nothing to do with his lack of tracking back or his lack of commitment on the pitch. Lets be honest most of the time he plays like he doesn't give a brick and no amount of feel good interviews are gonna change this.

Hmmm but is a case of he doesn't give a brick or trying to adjust to a new manager/system after a four month layoff?

more than meets the eye. i don't think many pro athletes just "don't give a brick". at the highest level, a bit of self confidence can be the difference between a genius performance or a disastrous one. it could be a psychological block, or niggling injuries that prevents a player getting into the zone. if any player doesn't "give a brick" I'm sure the manager will be on his back, or making amends for someone else to take his place before it destroys the spirit, competitiveness and equity across the team. And, if a player for any reason does get away not "giving a brick" - what does that say about his coach/manager?

I don't understand what you are saying herr

This 'cool' interview will be used as defensive cushion for poor defensive performances (different to overall performances) - the same way golden-boy new signing Jan is almost exclusively exonerated from any accountability for his occasional 'blips' - i.e. the new signing honeymoon syndrome

This 'cool' interview will be used as defensive cushion for poor defensive performances (different to overall performances) - the same way golden-boy new signing Jan is almost exclusively exonerated from any accountability for his occasional 'blips' - i.e. the new signing honeymoon syndrome

Er? I've not seen this. If anything Jan has been called out recently for some sub standard performances.

Then perhaps you aren't looking hard enough - and even if so - those calling him 'out' are most definitely in the minority

Fair enough, the only one i think should be cut slack at the moment is Holtby. First half a season and all that.

If only everyone could see through the bullsh*t like you. It's sad that so many people base their opinions of a player on "cool" interviews rather than what players see on the pitch.

Then perhaps you aren't looking hard enough - and even if so - those calling him 'out' are most definitely in the minority

I for one have called Jan out a number of times for brick performances. I just will not be satisfied if Benny is our first choice left back next season.

He was brick but like all other players on that pitch today (except Lloris actually and the centre backs)

However what you guys seem to fail to understand and you would notice this clearly is that BAE rarely has anyone in front of him whereas Walker has Lennon. BAE is being unfairly treated here in the sense that he has no one to play with. He looked good last season and season before as he was playing with Bale, this season he has had no partnership with anyone. Dempsey is fudgein awful on left as far as im concerned and BAE had to hoof it as a consequence.

Back