• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

I like Fryers a lot too, but does he not look more built to become a CB?

Fryers is dead on 6', which is borderline really. 6' is short for a CB, whereas look at FBs like Rojo of Argentina at 6'2".

I think the signings of Davies suggests Poch is going to go for a bit of a wonky at the back - Davies at times almost tucking in as a third CB (Laudrup said that would be his position if he was taller), while Walker marauds on down the right. That means Fryers would be a more like-for-like replacement for Davies than an attacking wingback like Rose.

Well from what I saw of Rose last season i would rather have Benny than Danny. If we sign Davies, and BAE is happy with being back-up then great. keep Fryers and Vertonghen wont need to worry about playing LB for Spurs again.
See if Sunderland still want Rose and cash in while we can

You obviously saw very little of Benny then

Yep I would be happy with that. Rose is not a LB as far as I can see. Just a winger filling in.

I watched Benny very closely in the WC and for a while I saw the old Benny. Pretty focused,following runners, reading the game well. And then thanks to a brainless act by Song they were effectively out and he reverted to QPR Benny. Benny still has the ability, just not the motivation.

did you see how cack he was for QPR last season?

did you see how cack he was for QPR last season?

Well that is my point. He was very good in the world cup up until the point that Cameroon were effectively out and then he reverted to QPR Benny, which is to say his demeanor and effort levels dropped to 'don't give a ****' mode. He obviously likes the club as he turns up at matches all the time, and still has a few pals around the place. I think he might just accept a bit part role quicker than Rose would. Rose has a bit of history in this regards too so I'd sooner see Rose moved on for whatever we can get for him and let Benny be the backup.

I saw a couple of games with QPR last season and he was poor. Made some costly mistakes.

Another one in a looong line of Spurs players, where his peak performances over time has come to be considered his mean. Usually happens when someone is sold or injured.

He made one defensive error which led to a goal all season. He was sent off in his final game for QPR, against Leicester, he missed the remainder of the season through injury. Like most football fans though, only the last game is remembered.

He made one defensive error which led to a goal all season. He was sent off in his final game for QPR, against Leicester, he missed the remainder of the season through injury. Like most football fans though, only the last game is remembered.

How many QPR games did you watch last season?

I'll guess that Rossi didn't watch more than 3 or 4. But I'd also guess he read/heard what QPR fans (who watched all the games) think of him, rather than doing what perhaps other posters have done - which is watching 45 minutes of one of Benny's poor games and deciding that he's "past it".

All I know is up until the violence, he was fantastic at the world cup.

BAE is training alone in France

2yl4ieq.jpg

Hm... Shouldnt he be back from holiday now? All the English players are back in training, arent they? Maybe he's been told he hasnt got a future at Spurs?

Has there been any news of when our World Cup players are due back training with the rest of the squad? I haven't seen any announcements that they're back at least.

I thought it was this week (Monday just gone). There's only 2.5 weeks till the season starts.

I wonder if Paulinho might be given longer off than the Belgian boys and Lloris (as he's had no summer break for 3 years)? The earlier exits like BAE and Bentaleb should definitely be back now.

I hope this is a case of Benny keeping himself in good condition prior to his arrival back rather than Benny being forced to train outside of the club. Time will tell I guess.

I reckon there's a good chance that he's already had his contract mutually terminated, following his support of Anelka's quenelle.

I suspect it'll suit both parties to agree a small payout, and avoid any controversy.

Bentaleb, Dembele, Chadli, Vertonghen, Lloris all back. Still no Paulinho or Benny.

Adebayor training too

From the OS:

The squad were together for the first time after the return of our World Cup players Nabil Bentaleb, Hugo Lloris, Nacer Chadli, Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen. Paulinho has extra time off after Brazil reached the last four of the tournament.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/training-gallery5-300714/

No mention of Ekotto at all whilst all of the other World Cup players were mentioned specifically, and the point about the squad being together for the first time with the exception of Paulinho being mentioned.

I'm guessing he's done at Spurs.

Back