• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

You could say that about pretty much any left back in the league. Rose isn't even close to being good enough.

Agreed but now we're talking about BAE who is still a Tottenham player. My frustration is playing Rose at LB (and no backup) when we have a far better option on loan.

Agreed but now we're talking about BAE who is still a Tottenham player. My frustration is playing Rose at LB (and no backup) when we have a far better option on loan.

Well, we can't get Benny back before the end of season, at which point does it really make sense to bring him back?

Club must invest in a LB this summer.

Well, we can't get Benny back before the end of season, at which point does it really make sense to bring him back?

Club must invest in a LB this summer.

I would bring in a quality LB and have BAE as backup. If we for whatever reason don't choose to bring in another LB (stranger things have happened) then I would have BAE as a first choice LB and unfortunately Rose as backup.

I would bring in a quality LB and have BAE as backup. If we for whatever reason don't choose to bring in another LB (stranger things have happened) then I would have BAE as a first choice LB and unfortunately Rose as backup.

I don't think the reason BAE's on loan is his ability, I think it's his personality. Which would be just as (if not more) damaging on the bench as on the pitch.

We need two new left backs, first choice and backup.

I don't think the reason BAE's on loan is his ability, I think it's his personality. Which would be just as (if not more) damaging on the bench as on the pitch.

We need two new left backs, first choice and backup.

This is where a good manager comes in, I'm sure that LVG for example wouldn't have much problems sorting BAE out. Never really understood the problem with BAE's personality. Most of the time he did perform and he is way better than what we currently have.

Definitely agree on 2 left backs though.

i think its ability as well, he was crap for us last year and he's been crap for qpr this

BAE was fairly crap before he left but I think there was an injury involved, and you could see that he was in 'I'm playing crap and I don't care' mode, which has carried on at QPR. If he is willing to change his attitude then he has a future at Spurs as on his day he is a brilliant LB.

Rose for me does not play the position properly. He has good moments occasionally, as would any half decent player that played there, but his positioning is shoddy and does not have the innate desire to stop a goal at all costs that all good defenders have. I'd play Fryers over him every time.

This is where a good manager comes in, I'm sure that LVG for example wouldn't have much problems sorting BAE out. Never really understood the problem with BAE's personality. Most of the time he did perform and he is way better than what we currently have.

I think even for the best managers in the world, trying to control the moods of BAE/Ade is like trying to stop the tide with a bucket.

Where are you getting this from??
Van Gaal for all his strengths isn't a man manager.
They'd have a stand up row and he'd ship him out.

this sums up van gaal's man management style http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/8...ss-louis-van-gaal-showed-us-his-balls?cc=5739

Where are you getting this from??
Van Gaal for all his strengths isn't a man manager.
They'd have a stand up row and he'd ship him out.

this sums up van gaal's man management style http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/8...ss-louis-van-gaal-showed-us-his-balls?cc=5739

I'm assuming that a world class manager must have some kind of man management skills. The article sums up his management style by 3 individuals. I don't think there are any managers in world football that have been liked my every player they've coached.

Does anyone have an issue with his support for Anelka and whether that means that it would be inappropriate for him to come back?

tbh Milo, I don't know, I'm not sure I know enough about the history of this to be certain that Anelka knew what he himself meant by it, symbols are complicated

I think this is one of those scenarios where you either know everything or you know nothing

tbh Milo, I don't know, I'm not sure I know enough about the history of this to be certain that Anelka knew what he himself meant by it, symbols are complicated

I think this is one of those scenarios where you either know everything or you know nothing

I can't say that I was particularly aware of it before the media outrage after the Anelka incident but the FA investigation seems to be pretty thorough and French commentators that I have heard/read have all been very clear that Anelka would have known exactly what this meant. If that is the case, presumably BAE would have known too.

I just find it so nonsensical that two grown men with the intelligence and attitude to get this far in professional sport would be foolish enough to publically declare such opinions

It is naive to suggest he did not know what it meant considering he was a friend of Dieudonné M'bala M'bala

isn't it more naive to suggest he'd be that openly racist?

But you see Anelka doesnt think it is racist.
To him the gesture is not racist and Dieudonné is not racist.
Dieudonné and Anelka by extension believe in a bull**** conspiracy that Jews run the world. Anelka would say his anti Semitism is "anti system" and not rasism.
The reality is that is the same basis of anti Semitism for generations.

Back