• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

His preferred assistant manager (I forget his name) didn't join him at Sunderland for the first time in his career I think. Could be a big part in explaining why he didn't succeed there

odd that they waited till after the united game though, it was a guaranteed loss so why not bring the new guy in after the last game and give him those extra 2 weeks to start getting his ideas across

Di Canio appointed at Sunderland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21990117

'Miliband quits Sunderland role
David Miliband has resigned from his role as vice-chairman and non-executive director of Sunderland due to new manager Paolo Di Canio's "past political statements", the former MP has announced.'

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-03-31/david-miliband-paolo-di-canio-sunderland-football/

Not a unanimous decision..[/
QUOTE]

Que?

Anyway..absolutely hilarious ..

It's amazing how managers get recycled even after repeated failures. MON has some past success so I'm sure some owner will come calling either through desperation (relegation battle, bring in name) or desire for positive splash (the press still like him).

People have short memories either way. I am no O'Neill fan but the year we qualified for the Champion's League wasn't that long ago, and Villa were in the mix until near the end.

People have short memories either way. I am no O'Neill fan but the year we qualified for the Champion's League wasn't that long ago, and Villa were in the mix until near the end.

ive never really got the MoN hype to be honest - that season Villa never really struck me as anything special, they just happened to have an extended run of playing above themselves - i never felt as though they were on the verge of breaking the top 4 or whatever. he also spent heavily during his time there and most Villa fans curse him for their current situation where they can't really afford to strengthen the team as they are paying for his costly stint in charge

he's also spent fair bit at Sunderland to get them in to their current shape

Back