• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

True, but as it stands Everton are a higher level club with better quality players, a higher ground capacity, better support and more finance.

Moyes is unlikely to go anywhere else soon though. At Everton, he has a club which fits him like a glove.

How?? He has barely achieved anything, he's like Steve Bruce, fails and keeps getting another chance! There must be other candidates who are a better option.

It's because he's nicknamed Sparky.

Sunderland will be relegated before making any progress under Hughes IMO. If QPR are anything to go by.

I think they would be better placed giving a chance to an unknown young manager. A manager who could make a name for himself at the club, who? I don't know.

I was thinking of the likes of Ian Holloway, Paul Tisdale, Karl Robinson or see how Paolo Di Canio could get on if he's free. Those are names of younger managers who have enjoyed brief success but at lower league clubs.

I would add Poyet to the list but, don't think he'd take the job. And I'm not saying any of those would be good choices but they would be worth a go ahead of Mark Hughes, in my mind.

Martin O'Niell is so out of touch with the modern game its unreal. I would be amazed if any premiership club touches him again.

Martin O'Niell is so out of touch with the modern game its unreal. I would be amazed if any premiership club touches him again.

hopefully he is gone from the top league forever....dinosaur

It's amazing how managers get recycled even after repeated failures. MON has some past success so I'm sure some owner will come calling either through desperation (relegation battle, bring in name) or desire for positive splash (the press still like him).

i'd like to see hoddle and ardiles come back into the fray - time is right and players aplenty for their 3-5-2 type of play.

Its no surprise to be MON is the most overated managers in the game, his sides are always brick to watch and he has his mates in the press who have got him the reputation as a good manager ( a bit like redknapp 8-[).

I think they would be better placed giving a chance to an unknown young manager. A manager who could make a name for himself at the club, who? I don't know.

I was thinking of the likes of Ian Holloway, Paul Tisdale, Karl Robinson or see how Paolo Di Canio could get on if he's free. Those are names of younger managers who have enjoyed brief success but at lower league clubs.

I would add Poyet to the list but, don't think he'd take the job. And I'm not saying any of those would be good choices but they would be worth a go ahead of Mark Hughes, in my mind.

One to keep an eye on is eddie howe, done amazing at bournemouth, fair enough it did not go well when he went to burnley but he is very young and is a good coach.

How times change. When Hoddle was sacked in 2003, Martin O'Neill was by far the most popular choice on this board to replace him. As we had to wait almost a year for Santini, his name was mentioned on here probably more times than Moutinho and Damiao put together.

Di Canio spotted in Sunderland*

3540d1068920370-6c-2300-b-tipo-ministeriale-cabriolet-ministeriale.jpg

* joke stolen from elsewhere

Di Canio will be a disaster there or anywhere of note imo. Far too emotive and temperamental to be a successful manager to my mind. They could do worse than go after Zola, I think he will be a decent manager and with the sort of enivronment at Sunderland where they have a good infrastructure and some good players he could flourish with some proper financial backing.

How times change. When Hoddle was sacked in 2003, Martin O'Neill was by far the most popular choice on this board to replace him. As we had to wait almost a year for Santini, his name was mentioned on here probably more times than Moutinho and Damiao put together.

I guess thats the point. MON is a manager who is ten years out of date (at least). He was limited but competent once, but in the year 2013 he is light years away from being a premiership manager. It would be like George Graham coming back to manage in the top flight. The game has moved on.

Back