• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Joke club

Which is the biggest joke club in the Premier League

• Total voters
It's between us and Liverpool for the title of biggest joke club. I'd lean more to us at the moment. IMO a joke is one with elite status, CL or title pretensions but ultimately failing in some ridiculous barely conceivable scenario such as we did last season. Liverpool are certainly up there with us. West Ham are a scummy little club no one much cares about.
We've had some moments over the past 4/5 years that would make a lot of other fans laugh. Going beyond that, Lasagne-gate and that fiasco must have been hilarious. But I don't think we're a joke club - we're well supported, well run and our team plays good football. I think you have to look at clubs who are being run downhill financially, and fans having a delusion of grandeur (whether that harks back to past glories or just being c*nts).

You can't really look past West Ham or Liverpool in that respect (the latter as you said). What group of supporters in the land actually like Liverpool? We have our fair share of haters, but at least some respect us. The whole Suarez affair made sure that anyone that had respect for them did a complete u-turn.

Playing devils advocate for a bit here: Spurs can be a joke at times. Some of the DVDs we've released over the years are embarrassing. Sadly I found the goodness singing "shall we make a DVD?" to us in 2007 or there abouts quite clever.

Thankfully we're well run overall and there are some clubs who make odd decisions, but it's nice to have some perspective I feel.

Yeah it is embarrassing. I just tell people that it's more to do with the club's desire to milk even more money from the fans.

Yeah it is embarrassing. I just tell people that it's more to do with the club's desire to milk even more money from the fans.

I was under the impression you could get any home game on order and we just happen to advertise the big results - thats what tell anyone who brings it up anyway !

Our friends down the road, Arsenal football club deserve a mention. They are the only club I know of whose fans call their players by their first names, Cesc, Theirry, Theo, you get the idea.

They moved to a brand new stadium in 2006 in the hope they would move to the next level alongside United, Real and Barca. They haven't won a single trophy since they moved!

Plus Wenger's touchline antics are side splittingly funny!

[video=youtube;SxDn_67OaWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDn_67OaWA[/video]

3 days before your 1st home game and game back in the PL and guess what

WHU still advertising tickets for sale in the Evening Standard hahahahahah brilliant

Our friends down the road, Arsenal football club deserve a mention. They are the only club I know of whose fans call their players by their first names, Cesc, Theirry, Theo, you get the idea.

They moved to a brand new stadium in 2006 in the hope they would move to the next level alongside United, Real and Barca. They haven't won a single trophy since they moved!

Plus Wenger's touchline antics are side splittingly funny!

[video=youtube;SxDn_67OaWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDn_67OaWA[/video]

Haha that's so true, I hate the first name thing. "The ox " and "Jet" also get special mentions

West Ham United FC @whufc_official

There are now fewer than 1,000 tickets left for Aston Villa with the game expected to sell out before Saturday

Regarding the discussion, which is the biggest joke club, I found this interesting:

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says the club could grow to the size of Manchester United or Arsenal if they move to the Olympic Stadium.

A spammer supporting punter from my shop had a go at the way we handle ticket sales claiming he was proud that you can buy on the door at wet spam still. It's called success I claimed but he didn't understand it.

A spammer supporting punter from my shop had a go at the way we handle ticket sales claiming he was proud that you can buy on the door at wet spam still. It's called success I claimed but he didn't understand it.

I mean you just cant say anything to that. His statement is just mind-boggling. I always feel disappointed when any our of games dont sell out, which isnt very often, if at all for League games

I mean you just cant say anything to that. His statement is just mind-boggling. I always feel disappointed when any our of games dont sell out, which isnt very often, if at all for League games

Its normally only the away fans who dont sell out for WHL

Back